All I did was give you some fresh eyes.
我只是给你一些新鲜观点而已
Ms. Watson.
华生小姐
I didn't know you and Holmes were stopping by.
我不知道你和福尔摩斯来了
He's not here, just me.
他不在,只有我
Everything okay?
没事吧
Uh, could we talk privately?
咱们能私下谈谈吗
I haven't heard from him in over three hours.
我已经超过三个小时没有他的消息了
He's not responding to texts,
他不回短信
he's not answering his phone.
也不接电话
All due respect, but you know your boss is a weirdo, right?
恕我直言,你知道你老板是个怪人吧
He's probably out trying to find Jimmy Hoffa
他没准钻进地铁隧道里
in some, uh, subway tunnel.
去找吉米·霍夫尔了呢
You don't understand. We have an arrangement.
你不了解,我们之间有协议的
We're not supposed to be apart for more than two hours,
我们分开的时间不能超过两小时
and he's never supposed to be unreachable.
而且我们一定要随时保持联系
I know you two are pretty close for an assistant and a boss,
我知道你们俩作为主仆关系相当近
but how is that even possible?
但是怎么可能这么近
You both have to sleep, right?
你俩都得睡觉吧
I'm... not his assistant.
我,并不是他的助手
I... okay, the only reason we are together all the time
我,好吧,我们一直在一起的原因
is because I live at his place.
是因为我住在他那里
Okay.
好吧
Don't know why you guys couldn't have just told me that,
我不明白为什么你们之前不告诉我
but... fine.
不过,算了
Okay, it's not like that. It's...
不是你想的那样
we're not together together.
我们并不是情侣
Okay, what is it like?
好吧,那是什么
I-I...
我
I-I can't say, I'm sorry.
我不能说,对不起
Well, Ms. Watson, if you want me to help you,
华生小姐,如果你想让我帮你
you're gonna have to tell me what the story is, all right?
你就一定得跟我说清楚,好吗
I'm a sober companion.
我是康戒陪护
I work with recovering drug addicts.
我负责陪护正在戒毒的瘾君子
Sherlock is my client.
夏洛克是我的客户
His father hired me to help him stay clean.
他父亲雇我防止他再接触毒品
The only reason I am telling you this
我告诉你这个是因为
is because I think he may have relapsed.
我觉得他复发了
I need your help to find him.
我需要你帮忙找到他
Speaking of which, how is my favorite six year-old?
说起来,我六岁时喜欢的那位现在怎么样
She's good. She's great.
她很好
Enough about her; how are you?
别提她了,你现在怎么样
I'm good. Yeah?
我很好, 是吗
Any new men in your life?
没有新的男人吗
Uh, sort of.
算是有吧
But it's work, I'm not dating anyone.
但只是工作关系,我没跟任何人交往
Good.
那就好
Maybe you won't be as mad at me.
那你应该就不会生我气了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
You split up with Ty a while ago,
你跟泰前不久分手了
and you never let me set you up, so...
一直不给我机会帮你再物色个新对象
Oh, Aaron!
亚伦
Hi! Over here.
这边
Are you serious? Shut up.
你认真的吗, 闭嘴
I'm gonna kill you.
我真想杀了你
Hey, Em.
艾米
Oh, I didn't realize you were meeting someone else.
我不知道你要见别人
Yeah, that's okay. She didn't know, either.
没事的,她也不知道
This is Aaron, from work.
这是亚伦,我同事
Have a seat.
快坐
This is Joan, my oldest friend.
这位是乔恩,我最早的朋友
Was.
再也不是了
Okay, I've got water aerobics in 20 minutes.
我的水中有氧操课20分钟后就要开始了
Wait, wait, I... I know you two are strangers, but...
等等, 我知道你俩还不认识
you're both fantastic, and single, so...
但是你们都很优秀,而且单身
start with that.
试试看嘛
See where it goes.
看看合不合得来
My treat.
我请客
I think this is what you call an ambush setup.
我想这就叫强牵红线吧
Well, the good news is that I don't have to buy you a drink.
这个嘛,好在我不用请客了
That's true. Although I could go for
倒也是, 尽管我可以
a double vodka rocks right about now.
现在就点个双份加冰伏特加
Do you normally drink spirits before, um, what? - 10 in the morning?
难道你平时也是早上10点不到就喝酒吗
No, but...
不是的,只是
go easy on me, I've just been ambushed.
别要求那么高,我可是刚被拖来啊
Vanilla latte for... Aaron?
亚伦的香草拿铁
Excuse me, that's me.
不好意思,那是我的饮料
Okay.
好的
Sorry to snoop, but...
抱歉偷看了一眼,不过
"Yt? Nd u asap?"
在吗,急需你帮忙
What, are you texting with a teenager?
怎么,你是在跟年轻人发短信吗
A fully-grown adult, actually.
其实是个完全成年的人
Sorry, I haven't done this in a while.
抱歉,我很久没干这事了
Um... I don't know where to start.
说点什么好呢
Me neither.
我也不知道
Oh... "CUS"?
CUS是什么
I'm guessing that's "See you soon,"
我猜是想尽快见到你的意思
but what is "IMLTHO"?
那IMLTHO又是什么意思
It means "In my less than humble opinion."
它的意思是,依在下的愚见
Your abbreviations are becoming borderline indecipherable.
你的缩写越来越难懂了
I don't know why,
我不明白
because you are obviously capable of being articulate.
你说话可是吐字清楚的
Language is evolving, Watson,
语言是会进化的,华生
becoming a more efficient version of itself.
会自发地变得更有效率
I love text shorthand.
我喜欢用速写的方式发短信
It allows you to convey content and tone
能让你不失效率地
without losing velocity.
传达意思和语调
Met a man, I see.
看来你是见了个男人
A handsome one, at that.
而且还挺帅
Um, this is the part where I ask you
我现在是不是该问
how you knew that, right?
你怎么知道的
You put your hair up
当你想让自己显得最好看时
when you want to look your best.
就会把头发扎起来
You think it's more flattering.
你觉得我是奉承你
You're wrong, of course. It's a draw.
你显然错了,这是推断出来的
But it was down when you left for coffee, and now it's up.
你走时头发是放下的,现在扎起来了
Ergo, you unexpectedly met a man
所以,你是意外遇见了一个男人
you found attractive.
而且你还觉得他挺有魅力
Okay, what am I doing here, anyway?
好吧,那么我到底是来干嘛的
You said it couldn't wait?
你说过很急
I'm just trying to stick to the terms of our agreement.
我只是想遵守咱们的协议
You said we're not supposed to be apart
你说过我们不能分开
for more than two hours,
超过两小时
and I have a mysterious errand to run,
而我有个神秘的差事要做
and I have no idea how long it's gonna take.
我也不知道要花多久
What kind of errand?
什么差事
We have been summoned to a meeting
咱们被召唤去一场
of the board of directors of Canon-Ebersole.
佳能艾博索的董事会会议
The investment firm. What do they want to see you about?
那是家投资公司,他们为什么想见你
I have no idea.
我也不知道
Hence my use of the word "Mysterious."
所以我才用"神秘"这个词
Apparently Gregson recommended my services,
显然格雷森向他们推荐了我
and, uh, they won't tell me anything else
而且,在我签订保密协议之前
until I've signed a confidentiality agreement.
他们什么都不会说
Uh, is that what you're going to wear?
你就打算穿成这样去开会吗
What's wrong with it?
有问题吗
It... I'm pretty sure you slept in that T-shirt last night,
我很肯定你昨晚就是穿着那件T恤睡觉的
and, um, the guys on Wall Street are a little more...
而华尔街那帮人的穿着会
formal in the way they dress.
比较正式
Those are costumes.
那些是顾客
I loathe bankers.
我讨厌银行家
They rigged the roulette wheel of commerce,
他们在商场上孤注一掷
very nearly destroyed the world economy,
让全球经济处在崩溃边缘
and they still think if they wear suits
而他们还觉得穿着西装
they'll be treated like respectable folk
能让他们显得高贵典雅
instead of the crooks that they are.
能掩盖骗子的本质
My name is Jim Fowkes.
我叫吉姆·福克斯
I'm the chief investment officer.
首席投资官
This is Daniel Cho, our chief financial officer,
这位是丹尼尔·周,我们的首席财务官
another in-house board member...
也是内部董事会成员
Yep, you're all chief of something.
行吧,你们都是首席
What do you want?
你想要我干嘛
This is our COO, Peter Talbott.
这是我们的首席运营官,彼得·塔伯特
Every quarter, he fields a conference call with
每个季度他都会召集我们的机构投资人
our institutional investors.
召开一场会议
These people control huge pension funds.
这些人控制着大量的退休金
As far as they're concerned, Peter's the voice of the company.
就这方面来说,彼得是公司的代言人
This quarter's call was supposed to happen yesterday.
这季的会议本应昨天就发出召请的
We had to reschedule,
现在我们不得不重排时间了
because Peter didn't show up.
因为彼得不见了
Nobody has any idea where he is.
没人知道他在哪
And if you don't get this call back on the books soon,
而如果不尽早回来召开会议
people will start to whisper.
人们就会开始私下议论
When these people whisper, Mr. Holmes,
等到人们开始议论时,福尔摩斯先生
millions of dollars disappear.
数以百万计的资金可就没了
The gentleman we spoke to,
跟我们谈过话的那位
a, uh, Captain Gregson,
格雷森警监
he said that the NYPD couldn't get involved
他说除非彼得失踪满两天
until Peter had been missing for two days.
否则纽约警局是不会介入的
He also said that
他还说
you were the finest investigator he'd ever known.
你是他所认识的最好的侦探
We'd like to hire you and your, uh... associate.
我们希望能雇用你以及你的,伙伴
Bodyguard.
是保镖
Luckily for you, Mr. Fowkes,
算你运气好,福克斯先生
I have a hole in my schedule.
我的时间表上有空档
My usual private consulting rates will apply, of course,
当然了,算上我平常的私人顾问费用
multiplied by a factor of 12, shall we say?
再乘以十二,您看如何
You're wondering if I'm worth it.
如果您在考虑我是否值这个价
I could provide a demonstration, if you'd like.
如果您愿意的话,我可以示范一下
I'm fairly sure, for example,
比如说,我相当确定
that these two are sleeping with each other.
这两个人有一腿
You really should be more careful of your body language.
你们应该注意一下自己的肢体语言
And you, for some reason, have recently used a solvent
还有你,出于某种原因,刚把手上的
to remove fingernail polish from your hands.
指甲油用溶剂给清洗掉了
12 times your usual rate will be just fine.
给你付平常费用的12倍好了
I will need access to Peter Talbott's office,
我需要进入彼得·塔伯特的办公室
his computer.
还要使用他的电脑
My secretary will be happy to take you down there right now.
我的秘书马上就带你们过去
Cute couple.
可爱的小俩口
Everyone here calls Peter and Alyssa
这里的每个人都把彼得和阿丽莎
"Taylor and Burton."
叫做泰勒和伯顿
You know, after the movie stars.
以电影明星的名字命名
Fascinating.
有意思
I'll be outside if you need me.
如果需要我的话,我就在外面
I don't think I've ever seen you so happy,
我从没见过你像在会议室时
back in the conference room.
那么开心
Mastering the masters of the universe.
玩弄这群星球的主人
Bit of a letdown, actually.
其实我有点失望
I think I could've got 20 times my normal rate.
我本可以要平常费用的20倍的
What is your normal rate?
你平常费用是多少
Oh, I don't have one.
我平时不收钱
Remind me to make one up before I leave.
走之前提醒我随便编一个
Typical.
果不其然
Every stuffed shirt who wants to pass for erudite
每个想被人看作知识渊博的自命不凡之人
has shelves full of unread books.
都有成堆的没读过的书
None of the spines on these have ever been cracked.
没有一本书的书脊上有裂痕
Except...
除了
this one.
这一本
Which apparently Mr. Talbott consults all the time.
很显然塔伯特先生总是翻阅此书
I've never been a fan of John Maynard Keynes,
我从来都不是凯恩斯的粉丝
but this I could sink my teeth into.
不过或许我会对这个感兴趣
I don't understand. What is that?
我不明白,这是什么
It's a menu.
这是邮购目录
Each of these girls is available for a price.
这里面的每一个女孩都可以出钱买到
See the ring symbols at the bottom?
看见底下的这个环形记号了吗
The more rings, the more expensive the prostitute.
环越多的妓女就越贵
So you're speaking from experience?
你不会是经验之谈吧
It's just a deduction.
这只是演绎法
Though I am on an expense account.
虽然我也有公费账户
Almost all these pages are turned down.
几乎每一页都有折角
The more pricey girls were his favorites.
价格较高的女孩是他的最爱
But you can't just tell the IRS
但你总不能告诉国税局
you spend six figures a year on slappers.
你每年在妓女身上花掉六位数的钱吧
No, you need to hide the expense. So...
不,你需要掩盖这些开销,所以呢
Let's see... calendar, contacts...
让我们来看看,日历,通讯簿
Yeah. You see?
找到了,你看
Talbott has contact addresses for two separate accountants.
塔伯特有两位会计的联络方式
This one is for a rep for DDB.
这个DDB(道尔·戴恩·伯恩巴克,该公司创始人)的缩写
That's a big five firm, nothing untoward there.
那是五大公司之一,没什么不良记录
Probably handled the family books.
可能掌管着家庭账目
But this one...
不过这个
is an independent accountant by the name of Martin Rydell.
是一个叫马丁·李戴尔的独立会计师
Handled something Peter calls his "Executive Private Account""
他掌管着名为个人行政账户的东西
Excuse me!
不好意思
Secretary?
秘书小姐
What did Fowkes say your name was?
福克斯说你叫什么
He didn't. It's Donna.
他没说,我叫唐娜
Well, before we leave, Donna, would you mind calling us in
我们走之前能不能帮我们打电话
a reservation for three at Villa Pacri?
在维拉·帕克里预定个三人桌
We're not dressed for Villa Pacri.
我们的着装不适合去维拉·帕克里
We're not dressed for Canon-Ebersole, either.
我们的着装也不适合来佳能艾博索
When I invite Martin Rydell to lunch,
当我要请马丁·李戴尔共进午餐的时候
it'll help if I drop the name of one of
如果我说要去这城市其中一家
the most expensive restaurants in the city.
最贵的餐厅会更容易请到他
So you loathe Canon-Ebersole and everything they stand for.
所以你厌恶佳能艾博索和它所代表的一切
But you love to spend their money.
但是你爱花他们的钱
You don't see any inconsistency there?
你不觉得这自相矛盾吗
I'm redistributing as many of their assets as I can.
我在尽我所能重新分配他们的财富
If I'm going to get in bed with the croupiers of a rigged game,
如果我要跟作弊游戏的庄荷睡上一觉的话
I'm going to make damn sure
我一定会确保到了早上
their wallets are lighter in the morning.
他们的钱包会变得轻一些
Sir?
先生
And that is for?
那是什么
It's the most expensive bottle they've got.
这是他们这里最贵的酒
I don't care if it comes in a box, you're not drinking it.
我不管它有多贵,你又不喝它
It's not for me. You see that couple over there?
这不是给我的,看见那边的小俩口了吗
I observed them while you were in the bathroom.
你去卫生间的时候我观察了他们
The man's suit is frayed from dry cleaning.
男方的西装因为干洗而有所磨损
I'd wager it's the only one he's got.
我打赌这是他唯一的一件西装
Therefore, he saved to come here for a special occasion.
所以说这件是他为特殊时刻保留的
Also, he keeps touching the inside pocket of his suit coat,
还有,他不停的摸西装内袋
like he's checking to see that something valuable
像是他在确认一样值钱的物品
is still there.
是否还在里面
He's about to propose.
他要求婚
And I'm going to send this wine over as congratulations.
我要把这瓶酒送给他们以表祝贺
Or condolences.
或者哀悼
It's lovely, thank you.
这很好,谢谢你
Mr. Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Rydell.
李戴尔先生
Won't you sit down?
您请坐
Confession: I told a couple of white lies
坦白跟你说,我在电话里说了几句
on the phone.
善意的谎言
I don't actually work at Canon-Ebersole,
事实上我不在佳能艾博索工作
and I have no intention of opening
也不打算找你帮我开一个
a private executive account with you.
私人行政账户
What I would like is to discuss the work
我想向您请教的是
you did concealing Peter Talbott's predilection
您为了掩盖彼得·塔伯特对高价妓女的癖好
for expensive hookers.
所做的工作
I'm sorry, I think maybe this is a mistake.
对不起,我想这或许是个误会
Is it strictly legal,
这合法吗
the private executive accounting business? I bet not.
这个私人行政会计,我猜不是
Yet you seemed very eager to take this meeting with me,
但是你似乎又急着要见我
so I'm quite sure that Peter Talbott's not the only rich man
所以我相当确信彼得·塔伯特不是
to avail himself of your services.
唯一一个从你的服务中获利的有钱人
But by all means, leave.
你想走就走
I'm sure there's any number of magazines
我确信有很多家杂志社
would love to publish a story about
会对刊登这个掩盖华尔街肮脏秘密
the man who hides the dirty secrets of Wall Street.
的男人的故事感兴趣
The press is so base these days.
现在的媒体太低级趣味了
Excuse me.
不好意思
Hello. Is this the Post?
你好,是邮报吗
Wait!
等等
I work with Peter. I set up a shell corporation.
我跟彼得合作,建立了一个空壳公司
We steer a little bit of his paycheck
我们把他薪水的一小部分
into a quiet little slush fund.
注入到了一个小规模的行贿基金里
He can do whatever he wants with it.
有了那个他干什么都行
And if he were using this slush fund
如果他用这笔行贿基金
to binge on his favorite bad habit,
行酒作乐的话
where do you suppose we might find him?
你认为我们在哪儿能找到他
I rented an apartment in Tribeca
我用空壳公司的名义
under the name of the dummy corp.
在特里贝克区租了套公寓
Yes, I will! Of course I will!
是的,我愿意,我当然愿意
That's lovely, isn't it?
这很好,不是吗
This apartment, we'll need the address.
我们需要这套公寓的地址
The man you met this morning,
早上你见的那个男人
his name's Aaron, yes?
他的名字叫亚伦,对吗
He sent a text while you were in the bathroom at lunch,
你去上卫生间的时候他发了条短信
asked if you wanted to have dinner tonight.
问你今晚是否愿意与他共进晚餐
Didn't we already have this conversation?
咱们不是说过了吗
You don't touch my stuff.
你不碰我的东西
You said yes, by the way.
顺带说一下,我替你接受了
And you definitely don't accept dates on my behalf.
你绝不能以我的名义接受约会邀请
Why not? We're both equally aware
为什么不呢,我们达成共识了
that you're attracted to this man.
你喜欢这个男人
No, we are both not equally aware of my feelings.
不,我们没在我的情感上达成共识
Super's office.
超级办公室
Yes, this is detective Donowicz of the NYPD.
我是纽约警察局的多纳维奇警探
We got a warrant to look inside apartment 2G.
我们有查看2G号房间的许可证
Hold way.
稍等
We don't have a warrant.
我们没有许可证
They almost never ask to see it.
他们几乎不会向你要的
This is the apartment he kept on the side?
这就是他私藏的公寓吗
This place is amazing.
这地方真棒啊
Mr. Talbott, your bosses would like a word.
塔伯特先生,您的上司要跟您谈话
You all right?
你没事吧
I'm sure you already know that the support meetings,
我知道在那些互助会议里
you're not even allowed to name the drug you've abused.
你甚至不能提起你用过的毒品
Just saying it out loud
光是说说
might be enough to make someone relapse.
也许就会让人复发
I told you I don't pay attention in those meetings.
我告诉过你我不在乎那些会议
Heroin was one of the drugs that landed you in rehab.
海洛因是把你送进戒毒所的毒品之一
You're not just hearing the word.
你不光是在谈论它
You're in a apartment where it's laid out in front of you.
你身处公寓里,它就近在眼前
Do you want to get away from this?
你想离它远点吗
We can go outside and talk.
我们可以出去谈谈
I'm fine. I have to be. I'm working a case.
我很好,而且必须好,我正在破案
And talking about my feelings
谈论我的感觉
is not gonna get it solved, right?
是不会解决问题的,好吗
Peter Talbott is right there. Your job is over.
彼得·塔伯特就在那儿,你的工作结束了
Over? Do you see that salad sitting there?
结束了吗,你看见那盆沙拉了吗
Captain, you're classifying this as an accidental overdose, yeah?
警监,你将此案归为意外用药过量对吗
We'll wait on the M.E. to make the final determination,
我们得等验尸官做最终定论
but you're looking at the same picture we are.
但是你跟我们想的差不多
Indeed. But I don't think we need to wait on the examiner to get started--
的确,但我不认为需要等验尸官才开始
I think there's a good chance
我觉得彼得·塔伯特
Peter Talbott was murdered.
极有可能是被人谋杀
Murdered? The guy's holding the needle he used
谋杀吗,他用他手里握着的针管
to shoot himself up.
给自己注射了毒品
He's holding the needle that someone used to shoot him up.
是别人给他静脉注射,制造自杀假象
Look at his arm. There's no track marks on it.
看他的胳膊,没有找血管时留下的痕迹
Doesn't mean anything.
这不能证明什么
A junkie can find a vein anywhere.
瘾君子对静脉位置了如指掌
Look around you. Does this look like
看看周围,这里看起来
the typical apartment of a hardcore heroin user?
像是一个瘾君子住的地方吗
It's-It's-It's pristine!
这里,这里很整洁
I'd wager even the food
我打赌
is perfectly arranged.
甚至连食物都放得井井有条
Ha. Does that look like the typical fridge
这看起来像是一个典型的
of a heroin addict?
海洛因吸食者的冰箱吗
No, not a typical one.
不,这不是
Heroin users are looking for oblivion.
海洛因吸食者渴望飘飘欲仙的感觉
They want the drug to dull their senses.
想用毒品麻醉自己
That's why when they overdose, usually you find them in
这就解释了为什么他们过度嗑药后
squalid apartments or alleyways.
总能在肮脏的公寓或窄巷找到他们
They don't often keep apartments like this.
他们的房间不会如此干净
And it's rare-ish that they hold jobs as a COO
对于一家价值数十亿公司的首席运营官来说
of a billion-dollar corporation.
这是极不可能的
So you're saying someone gave
你是说有人蓄意
Peter Talbott that shot?
给彼得·塔伯特静脉注射
How? There's no sign of a struggle here.
怎么可能,这儿没任何争斗痕迹
You can't walk up to someone
走近一个人,再将注射器准确刺入胳膊
and stick a syringe in their arm.
这不可能做到
No, you would need them to be unconscious first.
不,有可能,你可以先让他昏迷
Okay, granted I've never been hit with a salad container,
好吧,就算我从没被保鲜盒砸过
but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't knock you out.
但我也确信它不足以打晕人
The killer would need Peter to be insensate
罪犯在进行致命一击前
before delivering the fatal shot.
先要让彼得处于无意识状态
But a drug other than heroin would
但是除了海洛因外
surely show up on tox screens.
用其他毒品都会被发现
So what's the most efficient solution?
那么最有效的办法是什么
If Peter Talbott was murdered,
如果彼得·塔伯特是被谋杀的
I'd imagine the first dose of heroin came from here.
我猜他从这儿服用了第一剂海洛因
After he passed out,
他晕倒后
the killer dragged him
凶手把他拖到
to the chair where he delivered the fatal shot.
椅子上,实施犯罪
You think someone dosed his salad dressing?
你认为有人在他的沙拉里下了药
I think it's worth exploring.
我觉得这值得一查
It's easy enough to find out if I'm right.
如果我是对的,这很容易查清
We just test the salad
我们只需检测
for the presence of heroin.
沙拉里是否有海洛因
I'll hold my breath on that.
我还是不说话的好
Meantime, I got to notify Talbott's wife
同时,我去告知塔伯特的妻子
of all... this.
这儿发生的一切
I'm coming.
我也去
He-he keeps a special apartment for prostitutes.
他专门为妓女弄了套公寓
If he was murdered, surely his wife had motive.
如果是被谋杀,显然他妻子有杀人动机
You can watch.
你只能在一旁看着
She just lost her husband,
她刚失去了丈夫
the last thing she needs to deal with right now...
现在她唯一要对付的
is you.
就是你
Oh, my God.
天呐
Peter said he was done with it all.
彼得说他已经不做那种事了
The girls, the partying.
和女孩乱搞,享乐,他都戒了
He just told me he was ready for kids
他还说他要一心教育孩子
and you're saying he was using heroin? Every cool?
你们竟然说他在吸毒, 你还好吗
Our sincere condolences... You're staring.
我们诚挚的慰问...你一动不动的
Ms. Talbott,
塔伯特女士
sorry to interrupt.
不好意思打断一下
Would you mind telling us where you were
介意告诉我们两天前的
two nights ago between the hours of 6:00 and midnight?
午夜到凌晨六点期间你在哪吗
What? The medical examiner
怎么了, 法医推测
estimates that's when your husband died.
那是你丈夫的死亡时间
I was wondering where you where.
我想知道当时你在哪
No. You-you think I'd hurt my husband?
不是这样, 你们认为我杀了我丈夫
No, no, everything we've seen so far
不,根据我们目前掌握的信息
says accidental death.
证明这是意外死亡
Even so-- your whereabouts.
即便如此,也要知道你的行踪
You don't... have to answer that.
你不必回答他
I-I volunteer at Habitat for Humanity.
我在"仁人家园"做志愿者
I was at a silent auction.
我在参加一个无声竞拍
Th-There must have been 200 people who saw me there.
有200人能证明我在场
Thank you.
谢谢你
And until today, you had no idea your husband was using heroin?
直到今天,你都不知道你丈夫在吸毒吗
I told you, no.
我说过了,一无所知
I'm shocked.
我很震惊
But... I... can't say I'm...
但... 我不能说
totally surprised.
我感到很意外
He's been overwhelmed ever since they named him COO.
自从他当上首席运营官后就有些不知所措
Peter used to say he thought the last guy dropped dead
彼得说过他觉得前任首席运营官
just to get out of going into work.
因为辞去了工作而死
Sorry, sorry, sorry.
不好意思,插句话
Did you just say
你刚才是不是说
the previous chief operating officer
佳能艾博索之前的首席营运官
of Canon-Ebersole also died?
也死了
He was allergic to peanuts-- he died when some restaurant
他对花生过敏,他的死是因为
put the wrong oil in his lunch.
有家餐厅给他的午餐用错了油
How long ago was that?
多久以前的事
Last October.
去年十月
Why? What does this have to do with Peter?
怎么了,这和彼得的死有关吗
Nothing at all. We're finished here.
没什么,我们就谈到这儿吧
Thank you very much for coming in.
很感谢你能来
And again, we've very, very sorry for your loss.
我们对你丈夫的死深表遗憾
Yes.
是的
Peanut allergies?
花生过敏
Seriously?
真的吗
Canon-Ebersole has lost two COO's in a year.
佳能艾博索一年内失去了两名首席运营官
That seems like a dangerous job.
看起来这份工作真不好做
You speak Mandarin?
你会说中国话吗
Not as well as I'd like. You?
说的不好,达不到我对自己的标准,你呢
Not as well as my mother would like.
达不到我母亲对我的标准
Who was that?
是谁啊
The chef that prepared the meal
那个为彼得·塔伯特的前任
that killed Peter Talbott's predecessor at Canon-Ebersole.
准备致命午餐的厨师
Any particular reason?
有什么事吗
I won't get the test results back
我在短时间内不能拿到
from Peter Talbott's salad for a couple of hours.
彼得·塔伯特的沙拉的测试结果
In the meantime, I suppose I'm just curious.
与此同时,我只是有点好奇
The previous COO of Canon-Ebersole
佳能艾博索的前任首席运营官
was a man named Gary Norris.
是一个叫盖瑞·诺瑞斯的人
Terrible allergies.
有严重的过敏症
Yes, noted earlier.
是的,之前提过
Did you know he was fanatical about avoiding peanut products?
你知道吗,他避免用任何花生产品
He ate every single takeout meal
他吃每一顿外卖餐
from the same Chinese restaurant.
都只去同一个中国餐厅
He had a special arrangement with the chef,
那个厨师知道当为盖瑞·诺瑞斯准备饭菜时
who knew never to have peanut oil around
绝不能放花生油
when he was preparing Gary Norris's meals.
这是他的特殊要求
Well, it only takes one slip up.
但是有一次疏忽了
But the chef swears he didn't slip up.
但是那个厨师发誓他没出错
He prepared that meal personally, and he believes
他亲自准备的饭菜
that someone put the peanut oil in Gary Norris's food
他坚信是有人在菜端出厨房后
after it left his kitchen.
在饭菜中加了花生油
I'm starting to think he could be right.
我开始觉得他是对的
Death by peanut oil-- that would be
借花生油杀人
a brilliant way to kill someone.
这真是个高明的手段
If Peter Talbott was murdered,
如果彼得·塔伯特是被谋杀
the M.O. Is consistent:
那两起案件犯罪手段相同
eliminate your target
都用全世界都以为是场意外的方法
in a way that the world thinks is an accident.
消除目标
Damn it!
该死的
Earlier, when I asked you about being around heroin again,
之前,我问你有没有再嗑药的时候
you wanted to say something?
你想说什么吧
I could tell.
我能看出来
I'd forgotten what it smells like.
我都忘了它闻起来什么味儿了
Cooked heroin.
熟海洛因
It brought back memories.
唤起了我不少回忆啊
You also said that heroin users want to dull their senses,
你还说过,海洛因吸食者想麻醉自己
that they crave oblivion.
渴望飘飘欲仙的感觉
Is that what you wanted?
那是你想要的吗
It's nearly 7:00.
快7点了
You're gonna miss your dinner date.
你要错过晚餐约会了
I'm not going. You need me tonight.
我不去了,你今晚需要我
Actually...
事实上
what I need, I believe, is privacy tonight.
我今晚需要的,是私人空间
I'm not gonna relapse.
我不会再次堕落的
Besides, if I wanted drugs, I could always just
再说了,就算我想吸毒
climb out the window, whether you're here or not.
我随时都能爬出窗户,不管你在不在这
Go.
去吧
If it makes you happy,
你回来后我会做呕吐测试
I'll take a spit test when you get back.
如果这能让你好受点的话
All right.
好吧
I am officially calling it.
我要正式给你纠正一点
"Foam" Is-is not a category of food.
"泡沫"不算是一种食物
It just isn't.
真心不是
I feel like I should take you to a restaurant
我觉得我得带你去一家
that provides actual sustenance.
提供正规食物的餐厅
That's all right. After all the bubbles subsided,
没关系,消化完那些泡泡后
there was food underneath.
我也饱了
No, you're missing my point.
不,你没理解我的意思
Can't you see that's my stealthy way
你感觉不到我是在隐晦的
of asking you out on another date.
邀请你跟我再次约会吗
Oh, smooth!
真是油腔滑调
Yeah. So smooth you didn't even notice.
是啊,而且不动声色
No, I didn't. I was...
确实,我...
Seriously, though, I... I had fun.
说真的,今天我过得很愉快
Most of my dates these days
最近我大部分的约会对象
are spent talking about ex-husbands.
都不断提起她们的前夫
You didn't go there.
你没有
Well, that's easy-I've never been married.
肯定啊,因为我没结过婚
What about you? No.
你呢, 也没有
Your chariot.
你的南瓜车来了
So, uh...
所以...
like I said, this was fun.
正如我说的,今晚很愉快
It was.
是很愉快
Thanks.
谢谢
Thank you.
也谢谢你
Who are they?
这些人是谁
Employees of Canon-Ebersole
佳能艾博索
who have died over the last ten years.
过去十年死掉的员工
It is a big company.
那是个大公司
Odds are they're gonna lose some people along the way.
在发展过程中有人死去也不足为奇
And some of these, no doubt, are random.
很明显,死者之间没有什么联系
But there could be a pattern hidden in there.
但这其中没准儿暗藏规律
How was your date? Good.
约会怎么样, 挺好的
Fun.
很愉快
I think maybe he lied to me.
我觉得他对我说谎了
It was the end of the night and we were talking
吃完晚饭,我们聊天时
about whether or not we've been married,
说起结婚的问题
and when he said he hadn't-- and this isn't something
他说他没结过婚,和你待在一起之前
I would've noticed before I started working with you--
我也许难以察觉,但现在
but I... could swear he wasn't telling the truth.
我敢说他没讲实话
Flexing our deductive muscles, are we?
这就是演绎法的威力,对吧
I could burst with pride.
我很骄傲啊
The next step is confirmation.
下一步就是确认
It's easy enough to find out if he was married.
很容易就可以查出他是否结过婚
What was his last name?
他姓什么
Hold on.
住手
Not a cyber-stalker.
别利用网络偷窥别人的隐私
Do you want to find out if you're right or don't you?
你不想知道自己的推理是否正确吗
His last name is Ward.
他姓沃德
Quick visit to maritalrecords.com
登陆婚姻纪录网
Tells us that Aaron Ward
纽约的亚伦·沃德
of New York City was...
他的婚姻状况是
Oh. Oh. What does that mean?
哦, 哦是什么意思
He wasn't married. Oh. He is married.
他不是结过婚,而是正处于已婚状态
To a woman called Grace Arber.
妻子叫格瑞丝·亚伯
They just celebrated their anniversary.
他们刚刚庆祝了结婚纪念日
How could Emily set me up with a married guy?
艾米丽怎么能给我介绍一个已婚男人
Well, look at it this way: your instincts were right.
你可以这么看,你的直觉是正确的
And you're home early, so I assume you haven't become
而且你很早就回家了,所以你并没有
an unwitting adulteress.
成为一名不知情的小三
I knew it!
我就知道
Knew what? That's the NYPD lab. 知道什么,
纽约警局实验室的短信
They agreed to rush the tests of Peter Talbott's salad
他们对塔伯特的沙拉做了检测
and there were trace amounts of heroin in it.
发现里面有少许海洛因
My advice...
我的意见是
don't dwell on that man's petty deceptions.
别理那个男人的小谎话
You need your rest.
你需要休息
We're going to Canon-Ebersole tomorrow.
我们明天要去佳能艾博索
We're going to call another meeting of their Board of Directors.
我们要再召开一次董事会
Can you do that? You don't even work there anymore.
你能做到吗,你都不为他们工作了
Not technically, but I think
理论上说,不能,但我认为
they're gonna want my help in trying to figure out
他们需要我的帮助来确定
whether there's a murderer working there.
公司内部是不是有个杀人犯
Miles Durham, former head trader in your Denver office.
迈尔斯·杜伦, 丹佛分公司前任贸易主管
Mr. Durham was a volunteer with wilderness search and rescue
杜伦先生是野外救援队的志愿者
who always filed his travel plans with the ranger office
他在露营前,总会在办公室写下
whenever he went camping.
旅行的计划
We're busy people, Mr. Holmes.
我们很忙,福尔摩斯先生
What are we doing here?
我们到底来这做什么
Maria Filipello.
玛利亚·费伯罗
She ran your equities division in Dallas.
她负责达拉斯的资产净值估算部门
She suffocated in 2005
2005年
when the natural gas line running into her house ruptured.
因家里的煤气泄漏,窒息而死
Never been another problem with that brand of piping
那个牌子的管道质量很好
before or since.
从未出现过类似问题
Jason Palmer.
杰森·帕尔默
He worked in the New York office.
他在纽约分公司工作
Got a $5 million bonus in 2009.
2009年得到了500万的奖金
Then drowned, while swimming in a lake
之后在自家附近的湖里
near his home in the Catskills.
被发现溺水身亡
The odd things is,
奇怪的是
when Jason Palmer was in college,
杰森·帕尔默在大学时期
he was a beach lifeguard at Martha's Vineyard.
是玛莎葡萄园的海滩救生员
Respectfully, Mr. Holmes,
恕我直言,福尔摩斯先生
you found Peter, he O.D.'d,
你找到了彼得,他死于毒品
we're done.
工作结束了
Peter Talbott was murdered.
彼得·塔伯特是被谋杀的
The police are investigating now.
警方正在调查中
I believe the man who killed him
我认为杀害他的凶手
also killed your previous COO,
也杀害了前任首席运营官
Gary Norris.
盖瑞·诺瑞斯
And these three unfortunate souls.
还有这不幸的三位
Possibly one or two others, as well.
可能除此之外还有一两个
I can't find a plausible motive for anyone
我认为公司以外的人
outside the company to have committed these murders.
没有任何杀人动机
These are not crimes of passion.
这些不是冲动犯罪
They're too well-concealed for that.
作案手法太精妙了
They're crimes of opportunity.
谋杀是为了升职
I think you may have a sociopath in your midst.
我认为你们公司里有个反社会人士
A particularly cunning, methodical killer.
一个十分狡猾,专业的杀手
If I'm right, they wait, they analyze,
如果我的分析正确,他在伺机而动
and when the time is right to give themselves a leg up,
时机一到,就出手作案
they pounce.
谋求升职
You're saying someone is killing their way up the ladder?
你是说有人为了升职在杀害别人
That sounds insane to me.
这太不合常理了
I'd love to be wrong.
我很希望自己是错的
But someone did dose Peter Talbott's salad with heroin.
但确实有人在彼得·塔伯特的沙拉里放了海洛因
As for the rest, you let me do my work.
至于其他死者,让我来调查
I'll need access to your records.
我需要员工资料
If this person is here, I'll find them.
如果那个人在公司的话,我会找出他
We control billions of dollars worth of assets, Mr. Holmes.
我们坐拥数百亿资产,福尔摩斯先生
We can't give you access to these files.
我们不能让你随意查看
They're confidential. I don't need to audit you,
那是机密文件, 我不是要查账
I just need to do some simple math.
我只需要做一些小小的推理
There can't be that many people
不可能有那么多人
who worked in Denver in 2003,
03年在丹佛上班
Dallas in 2005,
05年调职达拉斯
New York since 2009.
09年又来纽约吧
If I can find this person quickly,
如果我能很快查到这个人
I can wrap this up with a minimum of scandal.
就可以将丑闻的危害降到最低
All right, enough.
好了,够了
This is not necessary.
这完全没有必要
Are you listening to me?
你有没有听我说话
There may be a murderer at Canon-Ebersole.
佳能艾博索里有杀人犯
There's not a killer. You know how I know that?
根本没有杀人犯,想知道原因吗
Because the only person with the career path
因为符合那个事业路线的人
that you're describing is me.
只有我
What are you saying?
你说什么
That I murdered, like, what, like five people?
我杀了那五个人吗
Well, this is a bit awkward,
是有些棘手
but I-I'd say that you're a damn good suspect.
但我得说,你是个重大嫌疑人
I thought I'd bring you your check personally.
我觉得应该亲自把佣金送来
Also, we need to talk.
而且,我们需要谈谈
Do we?
需要吗
Eggs?
吃蛋吗
I'm sure I could find another fork.
我可以再给你找把叉子
I'm not hungry. I came here to end this.
我不饿,我来这是为了把事情结了
Well, that should be simple enough. Just confess.
那很简单,你只需要如实交代
Save us both a great deal of time and trouble.
这样我们都会省时又省力
Do you have any idea what you did to me today?
知道你今天的话对我有什么影响吗
Do you know what it takes just to survive
你知道我付出了多少心血
at a place like Canon-Ebersole?
才在佳能艾博索生存下来吗
I think avoiding you would be a good start.
我认为少和你接触是最好的生存方式
I've never killed anyone.
我没杀过人
I went to parochial school, Mr. Holmes.
我上的是教会学校,福尔摩斯先生
I've pretty much broken every commandment they ever taught me.
我几乎打破了我学过的所有戒律
Father Ray probably isn't very proud of me,
雷神父绝不会以我为荣
but then again, Father Ray doesn't have a country house.
但是雷神父不像我有一套郊区别墅
I was inches away from becoming COO,
我马上就要成为首席运营官了
which everybody knows
大家都知道这个
is where they groom you for the big chair.
然后开始巴结你
And you accuse me of murder.
可你却指控我谋杀
You think everybody in that place isn't talking?
你觉得人们不会说闲话吗
Gossip's poison in that place.
流言蜚语在公司是毒药
Doesn't matter that I'm completely innocent.
没人去理会我是不是清白的
I'm never gonna get that job.
我铁定做不成首席运营官了
Sorry. Are you done?
不好意思,你说完了吗
Every time you say "Innocent," I... I tune out.
每次你说到"清白"二字,我都会无视
In that case, I'm just
既然这样,我只能
going to have to prove it to you, aren't I?
向你证明我的清白了,是吧
Miles Durham, the first of these so-called murders.
迈尔斯·杜伦, 你口中的第一位死者
He disappeared during a camping trip.
他在野营时失踪
August 2003, right?
时间是03年8月,对吧
He left August 7...
他是8月7号出发的
He was supposed to return August 9.
预计9号返回
What is this? Medical records. Mine.
这是什么, 我的病历
I had elective surgery, August 6, 2003.
我在当月6号,做了外科手术
There were, uh...
术后出现了
complications.
并发症
I wasn't released until August 12.
直到12号才出院
Liposuction. Rhytidoplasty.
抽脂,去皱
You had a face-lift.
你做过面部整形手术
You see many jowly men on the cover of Barron's, Mr. Holmes?
你看巴伦周刊的封面有几个人有双下巴
My point is, I couldn't have murdered Miles Durham.
我要说的是,我不可能杀害迈尔斯·杜伦
And I'll tell you something else.
还有
Dan Cho-- arrogant little pissant--
丹·周,一个傲慢的小人物
no, he didn't work for Canon-Ebersole in 2003,
他03年没在佳能艾博索工作
because he had a summer internship with us
不过他在商业学校念书时
while he was in business school.
来我们这暑期实习过
Worked at our Denver office.
在丹佛分公司
Here's his file.
这是他的资料
We hired him in 2005, sent him to Dallas.
我们05年录用了他,把他送到了达拉斯
You think there's a sociopath working for us?
你觉得他可能是那个反社会的人吗
Let me let you in on a little secret, Mr. Holmes.
再给你透露一个小秘密
We're all sociopaths.
我们公司都是反社会的人
Hey, I'm trying to read up there.
我在上面看书呢
This doesn't make any sense.
这根本说不通
Yes, Dan Cho interned in Denver
没错,丹·周03年暑假
during the summer of 2003.
是在那实习过
But he didn't benefit from the first murder.
但他没从第一起谋杀中获益
Company didn't even hire him till two years later.
公司是在两年之后才录用他的
First of all, you're not even sure
首先,你都不能确定
Miles Durham's disappearance was a murder.
迈尔斯·杜伦,的失踪是不是谋杀
Okay, let's say it was.
好吧,就当它是
Maybe this guy Dan Cho
也许这个叫丹·周的家伙
killed him to get a charge out of it.
杀害他只是为了取乐
The-the murder was the benefit.
谋杀本身就是一种获益
People who enjoy killing
嗜杀的人
like to share their enthusiasm with others.
喜欢同别人分享他们的快感
They want everyone to know there's a murderer out there.
他们想让所有人都知道发生了谋杀
And anyway, even after he was hired,
不仅如此,即使是他进入公司之后
he didn't benefit from the deaths
他也没像吉姆·福克斯那样
nearly as much as Jim Fowkes.
从几起谋杀中获益
But Jim Fowkes...
但吉姆·福克斯
Jim Fowkes didn't do the first one!
第一起谋杀不是吉姆·福克斯做的
It would appear not!
事实并非如此
Marrying man?
已婚男人
He just won't quit.
他不放手
He says he is married,
他说他是结婚了
but he wants to meet me to explain himself.
但他想跟我当面解释
You should go. Coffee with a creep?
你应该去, 和一个龌龊男喝咖啡
No, thanks. If nothing else,
算了, 如果没别的事情可做
it would be an interesting experiment in deduction for you.
这是你练习演绎法的好机会
Spot the lie.
识破谎言
Besides...
而且
I need time to think,
我需要时间来思考
which means it's not gonna get any quieter around here.
因此这里将不得安宁了
I...
我
Donna.
唐娜
Can I get you something? I'm good.
喝点什么, 不用了
How did you find out I'm married?
你怎么发现我已经结婚了
Um... I thought you wanted to explain yourself,
我想今天是你要解释
not the other way around. Okay, wait.
而不是我吧, 好吧,是这样
I did lie to you.
我是对你撒谎了
I did.
没错
But it's not what you think.
但事实并非如你所想
I volunteer, uh,
我在一家
for a place called Shoreline Community Services.
名为"海岸线社区服务"的机构做志愿者
It's a legal aid thing.
是一家合法的援助机构
We... work with people who are seeking political asylum.
我们为那些寻求政治避难的人提供帮助
A while back,
前阵子
I helped out with a woman from Kosovo.
我帮助了一个来自科索沃的女人
Her father was a general in the war,
他的父亲是一名战败方的
for the losing side,
上将
and when it ended, he was shot in the street.
战争结束后,他在街上被枪杀了
She would have been killed had she returned home.
她当时如果回家,可能也难逃一死
But the U.S. wouldn't give her asylum.
但是美国没有为她提供政治庇护
So you married her to keep her in the country.
所以你为了让她留在这,就和她结婚了
Do you have a relationship?
你们发生关系了吗
She lives in Hoboken.
她住在赫伯肯
I check in on her sometimes. That's it.
我有时会去看看她,仅此而已
We can get a divorce in a year,
如果政府不横加干涉的话
without the government crawling all over us.
我们一年内就可以离婚
I would have told you eventually,
我准备最终和你说的
if there was an "Eventually."
如果我们有"最终"的话
But, uh...
但是
but now I'm just... I'm sorry.
但我现在...很抱歉
Helping her was a really compassionate thing to do.
你能为她提供帮助,真有同情心
Thank you.
谢谢
But if you don't mind my asking, how did you find out about it?
我还是想知道,你是怎么发现的
Excuse me. Donna?
不好意思,唐娜
It is Donna, right?
你叫唐娜,是吧
No one ever remembers the secretary, do they, Donna?
没人会对一个秘书有印象,是吧
Excuse me, what?
抱歉,你说什么
As a career choice, has its limits.
作为职业,秘书有它的缺点
But then it does afford one a certain cloak of invisibility.
但对于某些人来说,它就像一件隐身斗篷
I-I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在说什么
But I'm pretty sure that Mr. Fowkes
但我很肯定福克斯先生
had you banned from the building.
禁止你进入公司大楼
You've been with him a long time, haven't you?
你和他在一起很久了,对吧
Until tonight, I just assumed that you'd...
直到今晚之前,我都认为你是
come to work with him after he moved to New York.
从他搬到纽约之后才和他共事的
Then I saw your name as the emergency contact
而我在却发现他在丹佛的手术单上
for a surgical procedure he had in Denver.
紧急联系人那里填的是你
You followed him to Dallas, too, didn't you?
你还跟着他去了达拉斯,是吧
Mr. Fowkes is a good boss,
福克斯先生是个好老板
and we're loyal to each other.
我们彼此都很忠诚
He's certainly had a meteoric rise.
他可真是步步高升
And he probably owes some of that to you, doesn't he, Donna?
这其中应该不乏你的功劳吧,唐娜
Jim Fowkes wasn't the only one to benefit
吉姆·福克斯不是佳能艾博索
from the deaths at Canon-Ebersole, was he?
谋杀案的唯一受益者
Do I need to call security?
要我叫保安来吗
By all means. Let's loop them into the conversation.
求之不得,让他们也加入我们的谈话
No?
不要吗
Didn't think so.
我之前可没想到
Quite obvious when you look at it in the proper light.
只要找到切入点,问题就迎刃而解了
Every time Jim got promoted, you had something to gain.
每次吉姆升职,你都会获益
Pay raise, stock options.
涨薪水,获得购股权
The company even contributes to your retirement plan now.
甚至对你的退休金计划也有帮助
So? I've given them years of my life.
那又怎样,我可是为他们效忠多年了
Must be quite a feeling--
那种感觉一定不错
steering the fate of a giant company
用点小伎俩就把一间偌大的公司
from your tiny little cubicle.
玩弄于鼓掌之间
Get away from me.
离我远点
Question is did your boss know or were you working alone?
问题是你的老板是否知晓你的行径
If you collaborated, it would behoove you to start talking.
如果你们是合谋的,你最好讲出来
First one to tattle gets the shortest sentence.
坦白从宽
I've seen executives like you come and go.
我见过不少像你这样的主管
A little bit of smarts, a whole lot of ego.
有点小聪明,就狂妄自大
Take my word, you've never seen anyone like me.
记住我这句话,你绝对没见过我这种人
Oh, sure, I have.
谁说我没见过
My bosses use $5,000 suits to get attention.
我的老板们穿5000块的西装来彰显身份
You use a scarf and an old T-shirt.
而你系着围巾,穿着旧T恤来装象
You're so proud of yourself
你对于你自认为的发现
for what you think you discovered,
感觉很了不起
you just couldn't wait to tell me.
就迫不及待地来跟我说
Even if it meant following me into an empty parking garage.
甚至跟随我来到一个空旷的停车场
You're awake.
你醒了
Good.
很好
Yeah, I've pursued my fair share of...
卡普兰小姐,我之前跟踪过
killers, Miss Kaplan.
很多杀人犯
Most of them... most of them are dreary people, but you
他们大多数... 都很无趣,但是你
I-I've a certain fascination with you, uh...
我对你的主动性
Such initiative.
和耐心
Such patience.
感到惊奇
I don't think this is gonna work out for you though.
但我觉得这对你没有好处
Too rash.
太鲁莽了
Did you tell anyone about me?
你跟其他人提过我吗
Or did you just rush right down to grandstand?
或者你就是在故弄玄虚
Oh, I e-mailed several colleagues... No, you didn't.
我给几个同事发了电邮, 不,你没有
We're gonna be at Mr. Fowkes'
还有几分钟我们就到
country estate in a couple of minutes.
福克斯先生的郊区别墅了
In a week or two, after somebody calls in an anonymous tip,
一两周之后,警方会接到一个匿名电话
the police are going to find
然后发现
your body buried on the property.
你的尸体被埋在那里
And then everyone will know that you were right
到时所有人都会知道你是对的
and that Mr. Fowkes killed you before you could prove it.
福克斯先生在你找到证据之前杀人灭口
You're gonna frame your boss.
你要陷害你的老板
Daniel Cho is gonna get that promotion.
丹尼尔·周会接替他的位置
I imagine he'll need an experienced executive secretary
我想他会需要一个有经验的执行秘书
to watch his back as he rises to the top.
来为他的晋升扫除障碍
Hmm, I was wrong about you.
我看错你了
You are smart.
你很聪明
Oh, that's quite a compliment coming from you.
你这样说,真让我受宠若惊
Canon-Ebersole should make you the managing director.
佳能艾博索该让你做总经理的
They don't have the imagination for that kind of move.
他们可没有那样的远见
"Joan." That's the woman that you're always with, right?
乔恩,就是那个经常和你一起的女人吧
That's the fifth time she texted in the last 20 minutes.
她在20分钟之内发了五条短信
She won't stop, you know.
她不会停止的
Very high-strung.
她很敏感
I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the police involved.
她如果报警,我一点都不会感到惊讶
Well, in that case, we should let her know
既然那样,我们还是让她知道
that everything's okay.
一切正常
I'm a sober companion.
我是康戒陪护
I work with recovering drug addicts.
我负责陪护正在戒毒的瘾君子
Sherlock is my client.
夏洛克是我的客户
His father hired me to help him stay clean.
他父亲雇我防止他再接触毒品
The only reason I am telling you this
我告诉你这个是因为
is because I think he may have relapsed.
我觉得他复发了
I need your help to find him.
我需要你帮忙找到他
What makes you think he relapsed?
你为什么会这么想
The heroin from the crime scene the other day.
前几天犯罪现场的海洛因
It affected him.
那影响到他了
I think it brought some things back.
我认为那让他的毒瘾回来了
It's Sherlock.
是夏洛克
He says he's fine, he's heading back.
他说他没事,正在往回赶
See? There you go.
看见没,就是这样
Nothing to worry about.
没什么好担心的
"See you soon."
"待会儿见"
No, seriously?
不,来真的吗
You honestly expect me to dig my own grave?
你真觉得我会给自己挖坟
Have you ever been gut-shot?
你挨过枪子儿吗
No. I imagine it makes it difficult to do manual labor.
没有,不过我觉得那样我更没法干活了
Shoot me, yank my fingernails out-- the answer's still no.
开枪,或者拔我的指甲,回答依然是不
I categorically refuse to dig a hole for you
我坚决拒绝为你挖坑
to bury me in, sorry.
来埋我,抱歉
Fine.
好吧
I'll do it myself.
我自己来
It's not supposed to be that deep.
没必要挖多深
They're supposed to find you.
好让他们能发现你
Tell me something.
跟我说说
How did you get started with all this?
你是怎么开始做这些的
You must be very proud of your projects.
你肯定为你的计划感到很骄傲
It must kill you to have to keep it all to yourself, hmm?
憋在肚子里肯定很难受吧
I-I'm about to die, so now's your chance to share.
我就要死了,你可以跟我分享一下
Good to share, yeah.
分享有益身心健康
Tell me.
说吧
What launched the career of Donna Kaplan,
唐娜·卡普兰,企业中的反社会者
corporate sociopath?
你的生涯是如何开始的
Mr. Fowkes was a bonds salesman back in Denver,
福克斯先生在丹佛时是债券推销员
the company was downsizing.
公司当时正在裁员
They were either going to cut his job...
他们要么裁掉他...
What are they doing here?
他们怎么会过来
I'm not really sure.
不太清楚
Bought me some time, though.
不过给我点时间
Did you know I pick locks?
你知道我会撬锁吗
Pockets, too.
我还会掏包
I can't take a tranquilizer, but if it's not too much trouble,
我不能用镇定剂,不过如果不麻烦的话
I'd love ten minutes hooked up to your oxygen rig.
我想用十分钟你们的氧气机
I'll just help myself then.
那我就不客气了
There's plenty of oxygen out here, you know.
这外面的氧气很充足
Pure stuff's better.
纯净的更好
It invigorates and restores.
能让你恢复生机,精力充沛
Haven't you heard? I've been through a trauma.
你听说了么,我受到了创伤
That was, uh, very convenient
当地警方
the local police showing up when they did.
出现得可真是时候
Too convenient to be a coincidence.
这绝对不是个巧合
It was the text message that Donna sent
是唐娜用我的手机
from my phone, wasn't it?
发的短信,对吧
"Everything's fine. Phone was off.
"一切正常,手机没电了
My mistake. See you soon." That's it.
我的错,待会儿见" 就这样
No emoticons, no indecipherable acronyms.
没有表情符号,没有难以破译的缩写
It didn't read like a teenager on a sugar high.
一点都不像脑残青少年的语气
Which meant you didn't write it.
也就是说不是你写的
I manipulated her into writing it for me.
我怂恿她写下了这个
I knew she'd never be able to duplicate my flair
我知道她不可能复制我那
for our evolving mother tongue.
使用火星文的天赋
I also knew... I-I hoped
我还知道... 是我希望
that once you realized the message wasn't from me,
一旦你意识到信息不是我写的
you'd know I was in trouble.
你就会想到我有麻烦了
From there, it's relatively simple for the police
那之后,对于警察来说,对我的手机
to run a cellular interceptor on my phone,
进行网络拦截,找到我的位置
find my location, quick call to the local authorities...
迅速联系当地警方还是比较简单的
I'm sorry, are you trying to take credit
不好意思,你是想把你的获救
for the fact that I saved your life?
归功于自己吗
And so soon after you promoted me to bodyguard.
就在你把我晋升为你的保镖之后不久
It was a collaboration.
这叫合作
Well done, Watson.
干得不错,华生
Your deductive skills are not unworthy of further development.
你的演绎能力不会没有得到进一步的提升
I think that was a compliment, buried in a double negative,
我觉得那是句葬送在双重否定之下的赞美
so... thanks.
所以,谢谢
Look, you should know,
你要知道
I went to Captain Gregson when I couldn't find you.
我在找不到你的时候去找了格雷森警监
I had to...
我不得不
explain some things to him.
跟他解释一些事
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
You might want to have a talk with him.
你也许得跟他谈谈
Come in.
进来
You were busy at Jim Fowkes' house,
在吉姆·福克斯的家时,你很忙
and I didn't get a chance to pull you aside.
我没有机会找你聊聊
But I didn't want to let more time pass without having a word.
但我不想就这么继续一言不发
We have something to talk about?
咱们需要谈些什么吗
There are any number of reasons
我之所以没有告诉你我的过去
why I didn't tell you about my history.
其中的原因很复杂
Um... I've told myself dozens,
我跟我自己说了一堆
all of them specious.
都是似是而非的
In the end, um, it... it is simple.
最后,其实很简单
Uh, I was... I was... I was embarrassed.
我... 我感到难堪
Since we first collaborated,
从我们第一次合作开始
you've always held me and my work in a certain esteem.
你就对我和我的工作持有一定的尊重
I guess I'm-I'm... I'm, uh...
我想,对于这点
I'm m-more vain about that than I would care to admit.
我比我愿意承认得更加自负
So, I'm sorry, 'cause you...
我很抱歉,因为你...
you deserved to know.
你理应知道
I did know.
我知道
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
Do you honestly think I'd let you consult
你真以为我会不作任何功课
for the NYPD without doing my homework?
就让你担任纽约警局的顾问吗
You told me Joan was your personal valet.
你告诉我乔恩是你的贴身仆人
Do you think I'm an idiot?
你觉得我是个傻瓜吗
No.
不
You are above average in intelligence.
你的智商在平均水平以上
And for a policeman, I would say, top tier.
对于一名警察来说,是顶尖的
I've known about your problem for a while now.
我知道你的问题有一阵子了
Why didn't you say anything?
你怎么都不说
I did, sort of.
我算是,说过吧
A while back, I asked you out for a drink.
前阵子我邀请你出去喝酒
You said, "No"
你拒绝了
I figured you'd talk about it
我想当你准备好了
when you were ready to talk about it.
你就会说出来的
Was I happy that you didn't tell me?
你不告诉我,我会高兴吗
No.
不
But your work hasn't slipped one bit since Scotland Yard.
不过自从苏格兰场以来,你从未失误过
Thank you.
谢谢你
Well, not everyone is gonna see it my way, so,
不是每个人都会像我这样想,所以
I'm gonna do us both a favor
我会帮我们俩一个忙
and keep a lid on this.
保守这个秘密
Unbelievable.
难以置信
What is?
什么
It's just that green card marriage guy.
那个为了绿卡结婚的人
Emily's having this dinner party thing next week,
艾米丽下周要办一个派对
and we talked about maybe going together,
我们说好了要一起去
and I think now he's blowing me off.
现在他居然爽约
But you know what the irony is?
你知道讽刺的是什么吗
I don't even want to be in a relationship right now. I...
我现在一点都不想谈恋爱
It's just that Emily went to so much trouble.
只是艾米丽经历了这么多麻烦
Yet his apparent mutual disinterest irks you.
但他那明显的冷漠还是激怒了你
It's crazy, I know.
这很疯狂,我知道
If I had to guess, and by sitting there talking about it--
你逼我的,如果非要猜的话
you're forcing me to-I would say
通过你坐在那说的这番话,我觉得
he finds your analytical skills intimidating.
是因为他发现你的分析能力太吓人了
He was a little weirded out
当我告诉他我在网上
when I told him I looked him up online,
调查他的时候,他感到不太自在
but he lied about being married,
但是他在结婚的问题上说了谎
so we are square, right?
所以我们两清了,对吧
He might not see it that way. Doesn't, apparently.
他大概不会那么想,明显不是的
It has its costs.
这是有代价的
What does?
什么
Learning to see the puzzle in everything.
学会去看透一切的谜题
They're everywhere.
它们无处不在
Once you start looking, it's impossible to stop.
一旦你开始寻找,就不可能停下了
It just so happens that people,
凑巧的是,人们
and all the deceits and delusions that inform everything they do,
以及可以体现他们所作所为的谎言和错觉
tend to be the most fascinating puzzles of all.
是最引人入胜的谜题
Of course,
当然
they don't always appreciate being seen as such.
人们通常不喜欢这样被别人分析
Seems like a lonely way to live.
听起来是种孤独的生活方式
As I said, it has its costs.
就像我说的,这是有代价的