Once again... I do all the talking.
这次也都让我来说
That's the only way this works.
这是唯一可行的方法
Hand it over.
拿过来
Now, before that happens --
在我们交还本子之前
Hand it over.
拿过来
No. Hey. I've got it right here.
别这样,东西就在我这
Is this it?
是这个吗
I'll -I will take that as a "Yes."
那应该就是了
Very well. Mystery solved.
很好,谜团解开了
You know, I could take you into custody right now,
我现在就可以拘留你们
You son of a bitch --
你个混蛋
both of you.
你俩都是
Where's this coming from?
你干嘛这么说
You're the one who spilled the coffee,
是你把咖啡倒到我身上的
you ambulance-chasing piece of shit!
你这个丧尽天良的混蛋律师
Can we dial it down, you know, just a notch?
可以稍微冷静一点吗
Look, 45 minutes ago, I'm sound asleep.
听着,四十五分钟前,我睡得正香
I get a call from Mr. Ehrmantraut.
厄门绍特先生给我打了个电话
He's concerned.
他很担心
He's getting threatening voicemails from you
因为你在语音留言里威胁他
accusing him of petty theft.
指控他是个贼
I tell him, "Hey, we're gonna nip this in the bud.
我说, "我们可以将问题扼杀在萌芽阶段
I don't care what the hell time it is.
不管现在是什么时候
We're gonna go talk this thing out."
我们都可以解决这个问题"
And walking across the parking lot, just now -- boom --
而就在我们穿过停车场的时候,就刚刚
there's a notepad, plain as day, lying on the asphalt,
这本子就好端端地躺在柏油路上
where I can only surmise you accidentally dropped it, detective.
我只能假设是你不小心掉的,警探先生
Now, guys, that's -- that's all we know.
我们知道的就这些了
Let me tell you something, slick --
听着,老滑头
wait till I get you back to philadelphia.
你就等着我把你弄回费城吧
I'm confused.
我不太明白
The state of pennsylvania can extradite people
宾州难道会因为归还失物
for returning lost property?
把好人引渡回去吗
That is one bold legislature.
这法立得不错
Anything you want to say to me about what you found in here?
关于里面的东西你有什么想说的吗
Now that it's all out in the open?
现在你什么都知道了
Maybe your daughter-in-law --
也许你儿媳妇
maybe she's got something to tell me.
也许她会告诉我们的
Maybe.
也许
Maybe not.
也许不会
Yeah, we'll see.
等着瞧
First thing tomorrow...
明天第一件事
I mean, you got to figure she wouldn't reach out to us
你肯定在想,要是她什么都不知道
if she had nothing to say.
怎么会主动联系我们
Hopefully, whatever you are
希望你所做的一切
didn't rub off on the rest of your family.
不会连累到你的家人
Thanks.
谢谢
You're welcome. Let's get the hell out of here.
不客气,我们离开这个鬼地方吧
No, I mean "thanks" as in "Three's a crowd."
"谢谢"的意思是,三个人在这太挤了
You can go now.
你可以走了
You're not talking to my client without me.
我不在场你不能跟我的委托人说话
Yeah, he is. Please leave now.
他可以,请你走吧
Man. You ever have jet lag?
你倒过时差吗
I guess that's what this is.
我现在还在倒
Maybe it's the altitude?
也许是海拔的原因
Could be the altitude.
可能是海拔
We're a mile up, right?
这里海拔一千六百多米,是吧
Sorry about the kid.
那孩子,我很抱歉
He's young, looking to make his mark.
他很年轻,正是大展拳脚的时候
I like him.
我喜欢他
Your daughter-in-law -- what --
你儿媳妇,她
what's she gonna tell us?
她会和我们说什么呢
I don't honestly know.
我真的不知道
Well, Mike, if she's got nothing to say,
麦克,如果她什么都不说的话
this pretty well ends it here.
这件事就到此结束了
So maybe you should talk to her before we do.
也许你应该在我们找她之前和她聊聊
I talked.
我和她聊过了
If I were to guess, I'd say she wouldn't tell you much.
我猜,她不会和你们说什么
But...
但是
Either way, that's up to her.
不管怎样,随她吧
That's the least I owe her.
这是我欠她的
There's a lot of people we both know
我们认识的很多人
that think that Fensky got what was coming to him --
都觉得芬斯基该死
Hoffman, too.
霍夫曼也是
That whole precinct was a sewer.
那整个辖区就像个下水道
Wouldn't be surprised if there's a few more early retirements.
提早退休的人再多一些也不足为奇
Might be a good thing -- new blood.
也许是好事,可以补充新鲜血液
Like the kid.
像那孩子一样
Yeah.
没错
He's all right.
他还好
He's just got to learn, that's all.
就是需要些经验
Some rocks you don't turn over.
有些事情,不要拆穿
What did you say to him?
你和他说了什么
Let's go, word for word, verbatim, while it's still fresh.
趁你还记得,逐字逐句复述给我听
What I said is none of your concern.
我说了什么不关你的事
I was speaking to a friend.
只是和一个朋友聊聊
You were speaking to a homicide detective
你是和一个飞了三千两百公里
who flew 2,000 miles to investigate a double murder
来调查一起双重谋杀案的警探聊天
for which you are clearly the prime suspect.
而且你还是主要嫌疑人
How could you not recognize the mind games, the scams,
你怎么会不了解他们的小诡计,心理战
the -- the con jobs these people play?
还有一出出骗局
You used to be one of them. So what got said?
你过去也干过,所以你到底说了什么
Right now, come on. I'm serious.
现在就说,我很认真的
I know you're trying to help me, but you can't go --
我知道你在帮我,但是你不能
Look, no, I'm trying to help me.
听着,我是在帮我自己
Those two Philly cheesesteaks --
那两个费城的条子
They want to lock me up right alongside you.
想把我关在你的隔壁
So, work with me here, for the both of us.
跟我合作,这对我们俩都好
You're safe, counselor,
你很安全,律师
and I no longer require your services.
我也不再需要你为我服务了
You're -- you're kidding, right?
开什么玩笑
What -- y-you think you're gonna defend yourself?
你认为可以为自己辩护吗
It's in someone else's hands.
会有别人去做的
What -- like god? No.
谁,上帝吗, 不
Please don't say Hamlin, Hamlin, Mcgill.
别告诉我是哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
I appreciate your help. Go home. Go to bed.
很感谢你的帮忙,回家睡觉去吧
Send me your bill.
把账单寄给我
Oh, I'm sending you my bill.
我会把账单寄给你的
I'm sending --
我会寄...
You better believe it!
肯定会寄的
It's me -- your friendly neighborhood ice man.
是我,善良的送冰人
There was a run on bacon.
培根肉卖断货了
I'll get you next time.
我下次再给你买
Chuck, you there?!
查克,你在吗
Chuck?
查克
Chuck?
查克
Chuck, you up there?
查克,你在楼上吗
Hello?
有人吗
I'm out here!
我在外面
Chuck?
查克
...112, 113, 114...
...112, 113, 114...
Holy shit! What are you doing?!
老天呐,你在干什么
...115, 116, 117,
...115, 116, 117,
118, 119...
118, 119...
120! Go! Go! Inside!
120 走,进屋去
What the hell was that?
你在干什么
What the hell was that?
你在干什么
Just give me a second.
让我喘口气
Okay.
好了
Okay.
好了
It's an experiment, really.
是一项实验,真的
I've been attempting to build up a tolerance for electromagnetic fields.
我正在尝试建立对外界电磁场的耐受性
Seriously? Yeah.
真的吗, 是的
Yeah, it's like, um, you know,
是的,就好像,你知道的
like taking small doses of poison to build up an immunity.
每天摄入一点毒药,时间一长就有免疫力了
Yeah, well, is that a real thing?
有用吗
'Cause that does not sound like a real thing.
因为那听起来好像没用
It's a real thing.
真的
Anyway, as you well know,
总之,你也知道的
there is a 60-kilovolt transformer
在我家前院西南偏南方向二百米处
200 meters south-southwest of my front yard.
有个六十千伏的变压器
And I've been trying to get acclimated to it.
我一直在让自己去适应它
I got up to two minutes today.
我今天整整待了两分钟
Jesus, Chuck. Yeah.
天呐,查克, 是啊
Two days ago, I could barely stand 30 seconds.
两天前,我连三十秒都待不上
I'm trying to get up to five minutes by next week.
下周我准备尝试五分钟
That is just...
那真是...
Uh, but why now?
可为什么是现在呢
Well, after what happened with the police and the hospital,
被警察抓走,又被送进医院
I almost lost everything, Jimmy.
我现在几乎什么都没有了,吉米
I can't go on like this.
我不能再这样生活下去
I have to find a way to get better.
我必须想办法好起来
I've got to. I have to get back to work.
我必须好起来,我要回去工作
Sitting here, rotting away --
坐在这里,慢慢腐烂...
This is no kind of life for me -- for anyone.
这不是我该过的生活,谁都不该这样生活
I need to be useful again.
我必须重新做回一个有用的人
Chuck... I am so proud of you.
查克,我真为你骄傲
It'll be a long process,
这个过程将会很漫长
but one to which I'm very much committed.
但是我坚信自己一定会做到
I have to be.
我必须做到
God, I -I'll be right back.
天呐,我马上回来
I got to get a few more things out of the car. All right.
我去车里拿点东西, 好的
All right.
很好
What's all this?
这是什么
It's just some case files. I'm out of room at the office.
只是一些卷宗,办公室里没地方放了
I don't want to leave them in the car.
我不想把它们放在车上
There's a lot of sensitive information.
这里有很多敏感信息
Y-you're not planning to leave them here.
你不会是打算把东西放在这里吧
Yeah. I don't know. Jimmy.
是啊, 可能不行,吉米
It'll just be for a little while, okay?
不会放太久的,好吗
I'm practically sleeping on these things back at my place.
我那里已经堆满了,我都没地方睡觉了
Business is that good?
生意那么好吗
It's booming -- streets of gold.
简直太兴隆了,遍地是黄金
Yeah. I'll get these out of here as quick as I can.
放心,我会尽快把这些东西弄走的
I just need to file the 4-13s on some of these wills,
我要为一些遗嘱增添四章十三条的内容
and, uh, I'll be out of your hair.
然后就不会再来打扰你了
4-13s?
四章十三条
Personal property statements.
个人财产声明
You mean 5-13s.
那是五章十三条
Yeah. Sorry.
对,抱歉
I was just working with these seniors.
我总跟这些老年人一起工作
Maybe the dementia's contagious, huh?
可能老年痴呆也会传染吧
So, uh, we good here? See you tomorrow. Same time.
我们说好了,明天老时间见
James McGill,
我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔
Scott said he'd leave the keys to 801,
斯科特说会留下801室的钥匙
the suite that's for lease.
那间出租套房
Here you go. Just bring them back when you're done.
给你,看完之后给我就行
You got it.
好的
Wow, this is, like... really nice.
这里看起来,真的很不错
Why do you sound surprised?
怎么听起来那么惊讶
Not...surprised, no.
不惊讶,不
Just, you know, could you afford this?
只是,你付得起租金吗
Oh, yeah. Are you kidding?
当然了,开什么玩笑
Those seniors have been very good to me.
那些老人对我特别好
I've been meaning to expand, you know?
我打算扩大规模,知道吗
It's time to invest in myself.
是时候为自己投资了
Figure this may be just the place.
我觉得这里再适合不过了
Well, won't you miss the Nail Salon?
你不会想念那个美甲店吗
Oh, I can always visit,
我又不是不能回去了
you know, get some french tips.
说不定还做个法式美甲呢
It's a clean slate.
这是间清水房
Put the, uh, reception desk right here.
接待处就设在这儿
Uh, get some comfortable seating for the clients.
摆些舒适的沙发给我的委托人坐
I-it's big -- lot of offices.
真大啊,装得下好多办公室呢
Yeah, I like the openness.
是啊,我就喜欢大空间
I feel like I can breathe in here, you know?
这样我才觉得呼吸顺畅
It's not some claustrophobic, little closet.
不像那些窄小幽闭的屋子
That smells like acetone.
闻着一股丙酮的味
Room to grow.
这里发展空间很大
Dream big, I say.
人就是要敢想
Got a decent-size conference room --
大小恰到好处的会议室
not as big as Hamlin's, but, you know, it's cozy.
虽然没有哈姆林律所那么大,但很舒适
Our elderly brethren prefer that, I find.
我们的老年同胞一定会喜欢的
Yeah. Could be cozier, though.
是啊,不过还能搞得再舒适些
Maybe you could embroider some little cushions,
你可以弄些刺绣垫子
crochet a runner for the table.
织条漂亮桌布
And rocking chairs all around? Yes.
周围摆上摇椅, 没错
Make it look like the front of a Cracker Barrel, huh?
弄的像老饼干餐馆那样的前厅
Now you're talking.
就该这样
This is me.
这是我的办公室
I love it.
真棒啊
Got to look successful to be successful. Am I right?
想要成功就得先看上去成功,对吧
Well, this definitely looks like success.
没错,看起来是挺成功的
Great view.
视野真好
Get you a big, fancy desk in here.
在这里摆个宽大的办公桌
Cocobolo desk.
要黄檀木桌
A what? I don't know what it means,
什么桌, 我也不知道那是什么
But I just like saying the word "Cocobolo."
但我就喜欢说"黄檀木"这三个字
Okay, well, whatever it is, you deserve it.
好吧,不管是什么桌,都是你应得的
And, uh, I want you to see this one.
我还想让你看看这儿
Here we are.
就这间
This is way better than the other one.
这间比那间好多了
You think? Uh, yeah.
是吗, 是啊
Who goes in here?
这是给谁的屋子
'cause I'd be all up in here if I were you.
我要是你,肯定选这间当办公室
Yeah.
嗯
Yeah, you know, you're right. It is real nice.
这屋子确实不错
It's a corner office. You got to go with the corner office.
这是转角办公室,你得坐转角办公室
Eh, I was saving it for someone.
我其实是想把这间留给别人的
Who? Well, my partner.
给谁, 我的合伙人
Your partner? Who's...
你的合伙人,那是...
Who would that be?
会是谁呢
Well, you said you were interested in Elder law.
你之前不是说对老年法很感兴趣吗
That's...
这...
That is so...
这也太...
Thank you. Really.
谢谢,真的谢谢你
But you know I've got a lot invested at HHM.
可我为哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所付出了很多
With what's going on now,
照目前的情况看
I-I'm closer than ever to partner --
我非常有可能成为合伙人
Like, maybe two years, and I'm in.
也许两年以后,我就是了
Yeah, I know.
我知道
Yeah, it's -- it's just a thought.
我只是这样想想而已
Plus, you know, they put me through law school.
而且,他们还供我去法律学校读书
I feel like I owe them.
我欠他们人情
Actually, I do owe them -- literally, you know?
实际上我还欠他们钱
But it's a nice thought, Jimmy.
不过还是谢谢你想到我,吉米
Just, uh, you know, playing with ideas.
你知道的,我就是喜欢胡思乱想
So, I had the extra office and everything, so...
多了一间办公室,所以就...
Yeah. No, I get it. It's...
我知道
I...want to see the kitchen.
我想看看厨房
They have stainless in here.
居然是不锈钢的
I don't even have stainless at home.
我家都不是不锈钢
I know this is the last thing you want to hear.
这些话你们可能不想听
I think your chances of getting a
但我认为,陪审团不太可能
favorable ruling from a jury are very slim.
给出有利于我们的裁决
What does that mean?
什么意思
We're not in a great position to win at trial.
我们没有绝对把握胜诉
But we came to you people
但我们雇你们
because we were told you win cases.
不就是因为你们说能打赢官司吗
Winning doesn't always mean getting a favorable verdict at trial.
胜诉并不等于获得有利裁决
We try to achieve the best possible outcome
每一件案子中,我们都努力帮助委托人
for our clients, given each individual case.
取得可能的最好结果
Frankly, we've worked very hard to stave off an arrest.
坦白说,我们费尽心思,才让你们免于逮捕
After the misunderstanding about your, uh, camping trip,
你们野营的故事造成了些误会
the D.A. was concerned you might be a flight risk.
地检官认为你们可能是畏罪潜逃
A flight risk?
畏罪潜逃
We -- we were practically in our own backyard.
可我们只是待在自家后院
That's exactly what we told the d.A.
我们也是这么告诉地检官的
In any case, I think we've managed to come up with a deal
不管怎样,我们已经为二位想出一个
that is very favorable under the circumstances.
此时最有利的协议
A deal? I hate that terminology.
协议,我可不喜欢这个词
A deal is what they got O.J.
他们给辛普森的就是个"协议"
Well, Betsy, maybe we should, you know,
贝茜,也许我们应该
hear it. I'm just saying, it's terrible term.
先听听看, 这词听着就很可怕
What kind of...deal?
那到底是...什么样的"协议"
If the prosecution decides to file,
如果检方要提起诉讼
which is definitely the direction this seems to be headed,
目前看来这很有可能
and if they choose to stack charges,
并且扣给你一堆罪名的话
Craig, you're looking at 30 years in prison.
克雷格,你就得蹲三十年的大牢了
30 years? That's the maximum, and given the nature
三十年, 这是最坏的估计,考虑到
of the charge and the current political environment,
这些罪名的性质和目前的政治环境
I'd say we should expect it.
我们应该做好这个准备
The public outcry in cases like these is a big factor.
公众对此类案件的反感会影响裁决
However, after much discussion with the D.A.,
不过,我们和地检官进行了几番交涉
who is also invested in keeping the press to a minimum,
他也希望此事越低调越好
we have arrived at an arrangement,
于是我们达成了一致
which would include 16 months in a county facility.
你要在郡监狱服刑十六个月
16 months.
十六个月
Down from 30 years.
比起三十年已经少很多了
And you most likely wouldn't serve all of it.
你也很有可能提早出狱
But he would have to say he was guilty.
但他必须认罪
Admitting wrongdoing and making the county whole again
认罪和恢复县财政这两个条件
goes a long way here -- hence the minimal sentence.
帮了很大的忙,所以才给了最低量刑
Uh, "Making the county whole again"?
什么叫"恢复县财政"
It includes the stipulation that you return $1.6 million
这包括归还160万
in misappropriated funds.
挪用的公款
Give back the money? But there is no money.
把钱还回去, 但根本没有钱
There's no money. We told you -Craig is innocent.
没有钱, 早就说了,克雷格是无辜的
I understand.
我理解
However, I'd like to emphasize again
但是我还是想强调一下
that this deal is Craig's best chance of minimizing jail time.
这个协议是减少克雷格刑期的最好机会
You're telling us
你是告诉我们
there are drug dealers and murderers walking the streets,
大街上这么多毒贩子和杀人犯
but instead of going after them,
放着他们不抓
they want to put an innocent man in jail.
偏要把一个无辜的人关起来
There's no other...way?
没有别的办法...了吗
I'm sorry. I think, under the circumstances,
不好意思,我觉得目前看来
this is your best option.
这是你们最好的选择
Murderers and rapists, and this is how they tr--
杀人犯和强奸犯就是这样...
Okay. There is no money. There never was.
好吧,我们没有钱,根本就没有钱
You have to take this to trial.
你必须在庭审上讲明这一点
Look, you have a difficult,
听着,这个选择的确很困难
but nevertheless straightforward choice to make here.
但对你们来说也是最直接的办法了
On one hand, you give up the money,
一方面,你们把钱交出来
plead... Ah! I just told you -- there is no money.
认... 我刚说了,没有钱
Plead guilty -- it's painful, I know --
认罪,我知道这很痛苦
And go to jail for a year and a half.
坐一年半的牢
But your other choice -- that is no choice at all.
但其他选择...毫无出路
If you go to trial, you'll most likely lose,
如果上庭,很有可能败诉
and Craig goes to prison for decades.
克雷格就得坐几十年的牢
Your children will grow up seeing their dad through bars
你们的孩子只能在探视日去监狱
on visiting day.
见他们的爸爸
I know what I'd do.
换我肯定不会犹豫
I'd take the deal.
我会接受协议
Two years from now, you can be starting over.
两年后,你就能从头再来
It's tough, I know...
我知道很困难
But you're tough people.
但你们不会向困难低头
And your family is worth it.
而且你也该为你的家人考虑
Why don't I give you a few moments to discuss this?
我还是让你们俩商量几分钟吧
I know it's a big decision.
我知道这个决定很重大
We don't need to discuss it.
我们不用商量
You're fired.
你被炒了
How about we go to my office and discuss this?
要不去我的办公室再讨论讨论
I'm sure there's a solution.
肯定还有别的办法
That won't be necessary.
没必要
We will no longer be requiring your services.
我们不需要你们代理了
Yeah, it's not personal, really.
我们真的不是针对你
If you're unhappy with what we presented to you,
如果你对我们提供的选择不满意
there may be other directions we can go.
也许还有别的办法
We're done here! Please stop following us!
没什么好谈的了,别跟着我们了
Don't look back.
别回头
Only look forward. Always in life, look forward.
只向前看,人生中只向前看
O70 O70
O-70! O-70!
Oh, yeah. 70's a good age.
太棒了,人到七十精神爽
All right, duck your heads,
好了,埋头看仔细了
'cause here comes another number.
下一个数字要出炉喽
N32
N-32.
And the action never stops.
游戏还在继续
I hope you all took your heart pills,
希望大家都带了速效救心丸哦
'cause it's almost too much excitement, right?
这实在是太刺激了,对吧
Which one will it be?
到底会是哪个数字呢
Say your prayers. Here it comes.
祈祷吧,来了
All right, we've got G-48 --
好了,接下来是G48
"G," as in "Guy Lombardo."
就是盖伊·伦巴度(小提琴家)的首字母哦
G48
G-48.
Keep your elbows to yourselves, okay? No body-checking.
把自个的手管牢了,别动手动脚的
All right, what do we have here?
下一个是什么呢
B6 Wait for it. B-6.
咱们来看看
Lucky B-6, just like the vitamin -- all right --
幸运之B6就像维他命B6
which you should be taking.
你们要吃的那种
Keep things moving in the old G.I. Tract.
让你们的胃肠道健康运动
Bingo!
宾果
Oh, we have a winner!
有人赢了
Lady luck has struck again.
幸运女神再次降临
Let's see a hand so we know who's won.
举起手来,让大家看看
It's the lovely young lady in the back.
是后面那位可爱的女士
Congratulations, Miss. You've won a, um --
恭喜你,女士,你赢得了...
What do we have for the lovely lady?
这位可爱的女士赢得了什么
Notebook.
笔记本
Yeah, it's an adorable notebook.
没错,是一本精致的笔记本
Do you like cats, Miss, uh...
你喜欢猫咪吗,贵姓...
Oh, Irene. I love kitties.
艾琳,我爱猫咪
I have two Siamese cats -Oscar and Felix.
我养了两只暹罗猫,奥斯卡和费利克斯
Felix can wash himself.
费利克斯会给自己洗澡
Oscar won't. He -- he just won't.
奥斯卡不行,它...就是不行
What a lovely story. Thank you.
多么有趣啊,谢谢你
Um, can you take that to Irene?
你能把这个给艾琳吗
And when you come back, cover -- yeah?
你回来了帮我顶一下,行吗
Uh, I'm gonna take a short break,
我要休息一小会
'cause somebody needs legal help.
有人需要我提供法律援助
Offices of James McGill,
詹姆斯·麦吉尔先生办公室
Esquire. How may I direct your call?
请问您要找谁
Yes. Yes, of course. Um, one moment, please.
好的,好的,没问题,请稍等
Dejavu. Hello, again.
又见面了
Good to see you. Nice to see you.
很高兴见到你们, 你好
So, how may I be of service?
有什么需要我帮忙的吗
Well, we would like to hire you as our attorney, Mr. McGill.
我们想雇你当我们的律师,麦吉尔先生
Wow. Really?
真的吗
However, we have certain conditions,
但是我们有一些条件
and these are not up for debate.
你必须接受
We want no jail time -- zero.
我们不想坐牢,完全不想
Craig is innocent, and we expect you to prove that.
克雷格是清白的,我们希望你能证明
We won't see his name smeared like this any longer.
我们不想再让他的名声遭到如此诽谤
Um, can we back up just a scooch?
能先别着急吗
'Cause last time we spoke, you were very enthusiastic --
上次你们还非常肯定
you were positively insistent about being represented by HHM.
坚持要委托哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
Well, uh... That's all right.
没事,不用加
We've parted ways.
我们意见不合
May I ask why?
为什么呢
We...disagreed with their defense strategy.
我们不同意他们的辩护策略
Okay.
好吧
They treated us like we were guilty.
他们当我们是罪犯
So, your previous objections to my representing you are now...
之前拒绝我为你们代理,而现在...
Oh, I'm sorry about my bluntness at our last encounter.
抱歉,上次是我没想清楚
Unfortunate.
很不幸
Yeah, I -- but we really --
没错,但我们
we're very sorry about that.
我们对此非常抱歉
We thought long and hard about it,
我们深思熟虑过后
and, um, we...
我们...
And, you know, given your passion
考虑到你的热情
and your can-do attitude... mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.
和你敢于挑战的态度
...we really --
我们真心
We just believe that you're the lawyer for us. For us, yes.
相信你就是我们的律师, 没错
Well, as flattered as I am by this,
这么说真是抬举我
um, since we last spoke,
但自从上次以后
I've changed my area of specialization,
我转变了主攻领域
so I concentrate on Elder law now.
现在专注于老年法
But, I mean, you said that you would fight for us.
但你说过会全力帮我们
Yeah, you... you were -- you were adamant.
没错,你当时...相当坚定
You promised to get us a not-guilty verdict.
你答应过帮我们拿到无罪判决
I don't think I exactly promised that.
我不是这么答应的
You said we would be client number one,
你说我们会是头号委托人
morning, noon, or night, and --
全天候待命
Yes, and I meant what I said, at the time,
没错,我当时是认真的
But times change.
但是今非昔比
But we've already paid you a retainer.
但我们已经付了预付金
Right. A retainer.
没错,预付金
That is what you called it.
你们就这么叫吧
That was your specific terminology.
这是你们律师的术语
It -- could you excuse me for a moment?
抱歉我失陪一下
I, uh, had a big gulp on the way over.
我憋了很久了
Hey, there.
你好
Funny story.
有意思
I found something that belongs to you -- again.
我再次找到了属于你的东西
Yeah? What? - "Who?"
是吗,是什么, 是"谁"
Picture "The 25th Hour,” starring Ned and Maude Flanders.
想象一下弗兰德夫妇主演《第25小时》
Oh, christ. The Kettlemans?
天,凯特尔曼夫妇吗
You lose any other clients today?
今天还流失了其他客户吗
Yeah.
没错
Mr. And Mrs. Cuckoo Bananas
疯子先生和太太
just offered me the plum job of defending them.
把辩护的肥差给了我
They came to you?
他们去找你了
Yeah, I know.
可不是嘛
I don't know what you did to piss them off,
我不清楚你怎么惹毛了他们
but it must have been good.
但肯定不得了
W-What did they tell you?
他们说了什么
Not much, just, uh, that you treated them
没说什么,只说了你
like they were guilty. Jesus.
把他们当罪犯, 天哪
Look, Jimmy...I know...
吉米,我知道...
I know this is a lot to ask,
这样要求很过分
but you have to convince them to come back to HHM.
但你得说服他们回我们律所
I Do, Huh? Yes.
是吗, 没错
Please. It's important.
求你了,这很重要
What's it worth to you? Jimmy, I'm serious.
你觉得值吗, 吉米,我没说笑
They left because they think they can win this case,
他们离开是因为他们觉得能打赢官司
but they can't.
但他们赢不了
I managed to scrape together --
根本没什么有利因素
from practically nothing, I might add --
我东拼西凑才提出一个协议
a deal they should feel lucky to have.
他们应该感到幸运才是
This is their absolute best bet.
这才是最有希望的办法
Please...
求你了...
make them understand it's better for them if they come back.
告诉他们,回来是更好的选择
Tell me about this deal.
跟我说说这协议
Elder law?
老年法
I don't know what that is.
我不知道他什么意思
Yeah, me neither.
我也不知道
Elder. Do you think...
老年,你觉得...
Maybe if we were old --
也许如果我们老了...
Sorry. Whoo! Oh.
久等
The mysteries of the bladder. Right?
膀胱到底能装多少呢
So, how do we get started?
所以怎么说
Do you need us to sign that little paper?
要签那份合同吗
I am -I am very sorry,
我感到非常抱歉
but I'm afraid I can't take your case.
但我恐怕接不了你们的案子
My schedule is just -- it's just chock-full right now.
我的日程排得满满当当
I highly encourage you to go back to HHM.
强烈建议你们回哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所
I'm certain they would welcome you with open arms.
我确定他们会非常欢迎你们
No, we're not going back there.
不,我们不回去
They were... incompatible.
跟他们...合不来
I understand.
我懂
They asked you to face some harsh realities,
他们让你们面对残酷的现实
and I get it -- no one likes that.
我理解,没人喜欢
But bottom line here -Kim Wexler is a fine attorney.
但最重要的是金·韦克斯勒是个好律师
She has a great relationship with the D.A.
她和地方检察官关系很好
Much as I'd love to sing my own praises,
虽然我很想自吹自擂
I doubt I could get you a deal
但我很可能搞不定
as good as the one she already has.
比她更好的协议
Okay, we don't want a deal.
我们不想要"协议"
We want you, our lawyer, to exonerate Craig.
我们希望你,我们的律师,还他清白
"Exonerate"?
"还他清白"
That is, uh -- that is a big word,
有点言过其实了
particularly in your case.
特别是你们这个官司
Yeah, there will be no deal.
我们不会接受什么协议
There is no money with which to make a deal.
我们根本没贪,谈什么协议
We -- can we all three just parachute down from cloud cuckoo land?
我们不要再自欺欺人了好吗
'Cause we know, without question, there is money.
因为我们心知肚明,钱是有的
No, there... I distinctly remember a spirited game
不,没有, 我清楚地记得为了这袋钱
of tug-of-war over this money,
我们曾激烈地拔河呢
Money which we then discussed at length.
这笔钱我们讨论了好久
You made many excuses
你找了很多借口
justifying your possession of said money.
来为这笔钱辩护
It's there. It exists.
钱是有的
S-shh. Now, just, please, for my own sanity...
拜托,我快要疯了...
You can't hide a big bag of cash forever,
你们不可能把一大袋钱藏一辈子
and you certainly will never be able to spend any of it.
也肯定花不了其中的一分钱
So, go back to HHM, apologize to Ms. Wexler,
所以还是回律所,向韦克斯勒小姐道歉
and for Christ's sakes, take the deal.
然后接受那个协议
If there were any money --
如果真有钱的话
Lady, enough!
女士,够了
If there were any money,
如果真有钱的话
there would have to be a full accounting of it.
那就要进行全面结算
Every penny would have to be present --
每一分钱都要拿出来
Every single penny.
每一分钱
You understand?
你懂了吧
All of it.
全部
That includes the $30,000 that you --
包括给你那三万...
Craig, yes, he gets it. Okay. Yeah, he gets it.
克雷格,他懂了, 好吧,他懂了
We're in this together, Mr. McGill...
不管发生什么,麦吉尔先生
Come what may.
我们是一条船上的
Now where do we begin?
现在我们怎么办
There you go. Kettleman -- that's all of it.
你要的凯特尔曼的卷宗,全在这儿了
Where's Kim?
金呢
We moved her over to the east wing.
她搬到东翼去了
The east wing? That's the cornfield.
东翼,玉米地那边
Why are you sending her to the cornfield, Howard?
为什么把她搬到玉米地那边,霍华德
Never heard it called that before.
以前从没这么叫过
Well, that's what you call it.
你就是这么叫的
You gonna punish her
你要惩罚她
just 'cause you lost those two batshit Kettlemans?
就因为你失去了那对精神错乱的客户
You notice I'm not exactly crowing over
你看我一点都没有因为
how I snaked them away from you.
挖走了你的客户而洋洋得意
Jimmy, here are your files.
吉米,这是你要的卷宗
I'm not gonna discuss my employee policies with you.
我懒得跟你讨论我的员工政策
I'm gonna need some help here.
我还需要人来帮忙
Yeah...
是啊...
You sure are.
的确如此
That prick firing you?
那个混蛋要开除你吗
Best-case scenario is my 2-year plan
最佳情况也是,我的两年计划
iust became a 10-year plan.
现在变成十年计划了
That schmuck. You didn't do anything wrong.
那个蠢货,你没做错什么
I lost the client. Not your fault.
我丢客户了, 不是你的错
They're not really playing with a full deck --
他们已经神志不清了
Those Kettlemans.
凯特尔曼两口子
You had to take their case?
你要接他们的案子
I'm sorry, okay? I tried. I r-I really did.
对不起,我试过了,我真尽力了
I'm not being fair. Of course you tried.
我有点强人所难了,你当然尽力了
They'll do what they want to do.
他们想怎么做是他们的事
Hope you didn't promise them too much.
希望你没有对他们夸下海口
I doubt you'll be able to do more for them
我不相信你能做得
than we were offering.
比我们律所还好
You think very highly of my skills, obviously.
你对我的实力评价很高嘛
It's not that, Jimmy. It's a loser case.
不是这个意思,吉米,这个官司输定了
That deal was their best chance.
那个协议是他们最好的机会了
After I worked my ass off finagling with the D.A.,
我累死累活跟地检官兜圈子
and it's just like... whatever.
结果呢... 算了
There's got to be a way, you know?
肯定还是有办法的,对吧
I take it to court... You'll lose.
待我上了庭... 你输定了
Kettleman did a terrible job covering his tracks.
凯特尔曼连如何销毁证据都不会
For starters,
首先
they've got reams of checks he wrote for false expenses.
他开了大量虚假开支的支票
And I can't even challenge their admission into evidence
我只能眼巴巴看着它们被归为证据
because he wrote them to himself.
因为那是他开给自己的
I know we're never supposed to say our clients are guilty,
我知道我们绝不能承认委托人是有罪的
but, hey, not my client anymore --
但是,反正也不是我的委托人了
He's guilty as sin.
他罪不可赦
Yeah, but there has to be something --
好吧,但是应该有办法...
Some loophole or... None that I could find.
有什么漏洞或者, 反正我找不出了
There has to be a way.
一定有什么办法的
Not without the money.
吐钱就有办法
It's the only chip those Kettlemans have,
这是凯特尔曼夫妇唯一的筹码了
and they refuse to play it.
而他们却不接受
And Anderson leads things off
在今晚的第二局中
in the top of the second inning here tonight.
安德森做首击球员
First pitch -- curve ball for a strike.
第一投,曲线球未击中
Count is 0-1.
比分0比1
There was some concern
本来有些担心
that we'd have some light showers,
今晚会有小雨
but it looks like it's gonna be clear tonight.
不过看起来是杞人忧天了
Absolutely. That's a ball. 1-1.
是的, 一个坏球, 1比1
No.
天
Ortner readies.
奥特纳尔准备好了
Throws, and it is a liner toward the gap in right-center field.
投球,是一记直奔右中场空区的直线球
Roberts on the run, reaches out...
罗伯茨开始跑了,接球...
And makes the grab.
接到球了
And that puts one away here in the second inning.
这样第二局就领先一分了
Next up, the always imposing Lee.
下一个上场的是总是令人印象深刻的李
And he's had a great start this season.
这个赛季他有个不错的开始
Jesus. Gets bigger every time I look at it.
天呐,每次看都觉得更多了
Thanks for not heading to the Bahamas with this.
感谢您没有卷款潜逃
What are you doing?
你在做什么呢
"The right thing."
"正确的事情"
You know where you're going?
你知道要去哪里吗
Yeah.
是的
Am I correct in assuming we're now square?
所以我们两清了吗
Square.
两清了
Good morning.
早上好
Who is it, Craig?
是谁来了,克雷格
Oh,it's Mr. McGil!
是麦吉尔先生
Good morning. Come on in.
早上好,快请进吧
Oh, I love what you've done with the place.
我很喜欢你们的布置
Last time I was here, it was, uh, well, not a contender
我上次来的时候,这里还不能去竞争
for the cover of Good Housekeeping --
《好管家》杂志的封面呢
that's for sure.
那是肯定的
Do you have news about our case?
你有关于我们案件的进展了吗
I do, in fact.
实际上,我有
But before we get to the nitty-gritty,
但是在我们直击核心之前
I think we should chat about your deal.
我们应该先谈谈你们的协议
We told you -- there will be no deal.
我们告诉过你了,不接受协议
You did, didn't you?
你确实说过了
However, circumstances have changed.
但是,现在情况有变
What circumstances?
什么情况
To answer that, um,
为了回答这个问题
might I suggest that you go check on that money
我能建议你们先去检查下那些钱吗
you insist you didn't take?
就是你坚持说没有贪的那些
In the upstairs bathroom, under the sink?
在楼上浴室的水池下面
Wait. How could you...
等等,你是怎么
Betsy!
贝茜
No! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! No!
不,不,不
It's okay. It's okay, betsy. It's got to be...
没事的,贝茜,肯定是...
No. It's got to be in there somewhere.
不,它们肯定在这里的
What did you do with it?
你把它怎么了
By "It," You mean...
"它"指的是...
Where is it?!
钱在哪里
You mean the money. Uh, let me see.
你是指钱啊,让我想想
Uh, it's, uh, on its way
它已经在路上了
to the D.A.'s desk right about now.
快到地检官的桌子上了吧
What? You -- oh, you thief!
什么,你,你个小偷
Takes one to know one, doesn't it?
彼此彼此
He took it? How did you take it?
是他拿的吗,你是怎么偷走的
A good magician never reveals his secrets.
一个好的魔术师从来不会揭晓自己的秘密
Now, here's what we're gonna do.
好了,接下来我们要这么做
Oh, you don't tell us what to do.
不需要你来告诉我们怎么做
You stole from us.
你偷了我们的钱
We'll -- we will have you arrested.
我们会让警察逮捕你的
I-I can see how upset you are, and,
看得出你很生气
even on a good day,
但即使是在你清醒的时候
you and logic are...
你也毫无逻辑...
But think about what you just said.
你刚说要逮捕我
Criminals have no recourse.
罪犯可没法让警察逮捕别人
And you two -- you're criminals, big-time.
而你们两个就是彻头彻尾的罪犯
How dare you?
你竟敢
Luckily, you have a very talented lawyer
幸运的是,你们那聪明绝顶的律师
who has found a way to minimize the damage
已经找到了方法
you've brought upon yourselves.
将伤害降到最低
Oh, you're fired.
你已经被炒了
Oh, I quit already. No, I'm talking about Kim Wexler.
我已经辞职了,我说的是金·韦克斯勒
Now, you're gonna go back to her,
现在你们要回去找她
you're gonna apologize for your hasty decision
为之前草率地终止她的代理
to terminate her services,
向她道歉
And you're gonna fall on her mercy and take that deal.
你们要接受她的好意,接受那份协议
We'll tell... about the bribe you took.
我们会说出你收我们贿赂的事情
You could do that. You absolutely could.
你可以那么做,当然可以
And I'd be in a mess of trouble --
那样我就会陷入麻烦
A real pickle...
大麻烦
But so would you, Mrs. Kettleman.
但是你也一样,凯特尔曼夫人
Cause right now, only Mr. Kettleman is on the hook
因为现在只有凯特尔曼先生
for the whole embezzlement kerfuffle.
被资产挪用这件烂事套牢了
But the bribe -- w-we're back to calling it a bribe? --
但是贿赂,怎么又把它叫做贿赂了
Yeah, that implicates you, as well.
这个也会影响到你的
It does not.
不会的
It was all me. No, it wasn't.
全都是我做的, 并不是
I'll make sure everyone knows that.
我保证会告诉大家的
Look on the bright side, you know?
往好的方面想想
They could work out some kind of
也许他们会想出
inter-prison visitation program, the occasional conjugal.
监狱间夫妻互相探视的项目
Maybe it won't be all bad.
也许也不算太糟糕
You -- you'll probably wind up running your own gang.
你也许还能组织自己的帮派呢
Thing you folks need to know about me --
你们要知道
I got nothing to lose.
我已经一无所有了
Christ, you should see my office.
天啊,可惜了我那漂亮的办公室
No, it's not over. Yeah.
不,还没有结束, 结束了
Let's find another lawyer.
我们再去找个律师
Come on, betsy. No, no.
好了,贝茜, 不,不
No. We don't have to put up with this.
不,我们不能容忍这样
I will not be treated this way.
我绝不能受到这样的对待
Betsy...the kids.
贝茜,还有孩子们
The...
孩子们
We have to do this...
我们必须要这么做
For the kids.
为了我们的孩子
They can't lose us both.
他们不能同时失去我们两个
We have to.
我们必须要这样做
No.
不
No.
不
It's okay.
会没事的
It's okay.
都会好的
Thank you.
多谢了
Law offices of James M. McGill.
詹姆斯·麦吉尔法律办公室
How may I direct your call?
请问找哪位