Works every -I'm telling you -- every time.
我给你说,绝对,屡试不爽
No. Do it. Try it.
得了吧, 来,试试
What? Right now? Right here.
什么,现在吗, 快来
All right, all right.
好吧,那就试试
Kind of.
凑合
Yeah, kind of that. Got to work on it, bro.
还差点,仍需努力啊,哥们
All right, man. Seriously.
好吧, 真差得远
All right, bro, I'll work on it.
好,我再加把劲
But -- but just, like, when -- when do you, you know...
但... 你一般什么时候...
Right before the cork pops, you know?
就赶在木塞弹开之前
Timing's important, but...
时机的确重要,但
but you don't do it, like, in her ear or nothing.
但你不能冲着她耳朵嚎吧
No, you don't do it in her ear. Because -Yeah.
对,不能冲着耳朵嚎, 没错
It's a given you don't do it in her ear.
当然不能对着耳朵吼
But this is, like, scientifically proven, okay?
但这是有科学依据的好吗
Really? This is, like, prehistoric stuff.
是吗, 史前就有了
It's like the medulla, the wolf brain. Crazy, man.
人脑的髓质,有狼性, 真神了
The what? It's primitive stuff -- primitive stuff.
什么性, 原始的野性
Okay, all right. Well, let me try it again. Let me try it again.
行,让我再嚎一次,再试一次
Yeah! Yeah? Nice.
够劲吧, 不错
That's the wolf brain.
听听哥充满狼性的怒嚎
Man! This town sucks!
这鬼地方真无趣
Uh, sorry, bro. I know it's yours and everything.
哥们,抱歉在你地盘上大放厥词
But it's not even 2:00.
但这才不到凌晨两点啊
Yeah, it does kind of suck.
是啊,确实挺没劲
Hey, I know this, uh, after-hours place over --
我知道一个...还没打烊的地儿
a couple blocks off Cermak.
在舍麦路附近
Yeah? You want to hit it?
是吗, 想去不
Hells yeah! Let's do it.
去,我们走
That's what I'm talking about.
不醉不归
Okay.
一起来
Not in her ear. All right.
别对着她耳朵就行, 没错
Right? Not in her ear. Not in her ear.
是吧, 不对着耳朵就行
Hey, uh, bro, I never did catch your name.
对了,我还不知道你叫啥呢
Saul. Saul?
我叫索尔, 索尔吗
S'all good, man.
一切都好(索尔·古德曼同音)
Get it?
懂没
I do. All right, Saul.
懂,好吧,索尔
Hey, hey, brother, whoa.
等等,哥们
Check it out. What is that?
瞧瞧,这是啥
Holy shit.
操
There's got to be at least a thousand bucks in here, man.
这里至少有一千块呢
Oh, my god. Look at that.
天,中大奖了
Whose is it? Mine.
谁掉的啊, 我的啊
Hey, possession's like 4/10ths of the --
不是说了占有即那啥...
What did you call it, bro?
行话怎么说的
Like, is there an I.D. or...?
里面有身份证啥的没
Yeah.
有
I don't know. Some fat guy.
不认识,是个胖子
I'm thinking that one.
估计是那个
Let's...
我们...
Jesus. Is he, uh...
天呐, 他是不...
What? Is he, uh...
什么, 他还活...
I don't know.
我咋知道
Hey, fella. You all right?
伙计,你还好吗
Hey, buddy.
老兄
Hey, would you answer me?
你回个话行不
Hey. Answer this, you butthole.
回个毛,欠操
What? Butthole?
什么,欠操
What...the hell?
搞什么
Hey, uh...hey, bro, be nice, all right?
说话注意点
This guy right here is trying to help you.
他是想帮你呢
Help yourself to some of this, you butthole.
帮个鬼,欠操
Hey. Hey, we're not buttholes, all right?
别一句一个欠操的
So stop saying that. Butt, butthole
闭嘴, 欠操,欠操
Hey, man, what's your problem? Butt, butt
你是不有病啊, 欠欠操
My problem is I'm standing here talking to a couple buttholes.
跟你们两个欠操的货叽歪才有病
Actually, you're not standing, you fat bastard.
你站个鬼,肥仔
You're laying on your fat ass.
肥臀垫地你没感觉吗
Hey, I'll roundhouse-kick you right in your head.
信不信哥一个回旋踢爆了你的头
And if you think I won't,
信不信
I'll come to the McDonald's, where you work.
哥去你打工的麦当劳
I'll buy... the whole damn place.
买下那...破地方
And I'll fire you.
然后把你炒了
I'll say, "Drop your mops, you buttholes, 'cause you're fired."
跟你说, "拖把撂了,你被炒了"
And then I'll roundhouse-kick you
然后我再一个回旋踢
right in your stupid heads.
正中你那猪头
Then I'll go "John"-Claude Van Damme on you...
之后哥再给你来个"约"格·云顿的招牌动作
You butthole.
你个欠操的
I'm keeping the money.
他的钱哥留下了
Here you go, fatty.
空钱包给你,肥子
I got dibs on that watch, man.
手上那块表归我了
Let me see that.
让我看看
What kind is it?
什么牌子的
I don't know. It's just a watch.
不知道,就是块表
We got to get out of here, man.
我们走吧
What kind of watch is it?
表什么牌子的
It's -I don't know. It's...
是...我也不知道
Well, then, let me look at it.
让我看看
It's a damn Rolex.
这可是块劳力士呢
Oh. I don't know.
我又不懂
Not cool to be greedy, bro.
做人可不能这么黑心
Uh, I don't -I didn't know. Not cool.
我先前不知道, 不厚道
I di-I didn't know what...
我不知道这是...
So, how do you want to split this up?
咱俩怎么分
I'll tell you what -- you keep the cash.
这样吧,钱归你
I'll just keep the watch.
手表归我了
But the -- it's worth like 3 grand, man.
可是,这表可值三千块,老兄
$3,000 easy.
轻轻松松三千块
No. Yeah.
放屁, 真的
Come on, now. Let's figure this out. We got to get out of here.
这样吧,我们先搞清楚再走
All right, yeah. You're right.
好吧,依你
You know what? I...sweeten the pot.
这样,我再给你加点钱
I got, uh, $5, $20, $40, $60, $80
我这有五,二十,四十,八十
580 bucks.
一共五百八十块
Add that to the $1,000 --
加上钱包里的一千块
it's more than half.
可以买半块手表了
What do you know about that thing?
那可说不准
I mean, is it worth more than $3,000?
这表应该不止三千块吧
No, I don't -I don't know. But we're good, right?
我不知道,就这样了啊
Yeah? We good? Okay? Well...
就这么定了,没意见吧, 好吧...
Later, sucker!
回见,二货
Six left.
还剩六块
Can we get more?
还能再多搞几块吗
God, I hope so.
但愿如此吧
It's like a license to print money.
来钱全不费功夫啊
A thing of beauty.
绝对的美差
Hey, what was that, uh, crazy stuff about roundhouse kicks?
你怎么想到回旋踢那一出的
Where the hell did you get that?
哪来的灵感
I don't know, man.
我不知道
Just something in my brain, you know?
这想法早就有了
It just came out. Too much?
就这样涌了出来,太过了吗
No. I loved it.
不,甚合我意
It was, like, deep or something.
只是感觉略有深意
You want to talk about brilliant?
论功绩的话
I mean, we -- you're the man.
我们两个当中,你才是主力
Me -I'm just -I love watching you work, man.
至于我,我喜欢欣赏你干活
It's good for making beer money -- that's about all.
也就赚点啤酒钱,仅此而已
Please, okay? No one has to know.
拜托,没人会知道的
I mean, you could just pretend you didn't find us.
你可以装作根本没找到我们
I -- we would never tell anyone, would we, Craig?
我们绝不告诉任何人,是吧克雷格
No, absolutely not. No.
对,绝对不说, 不会的
I already called your lawyer.
我已经给你们的律师打过电话了
Besides, this little family outing of yours --
另外,你们一家这样一走
it's put an innocent man in jail.
已经让一个无辜的人坐了牢
The cops are investigating this as a kidnapping.
警察正把这案子当作绑架案来调查
They already rounded up some poor suspect.
他们已经抓到了一个倒霉的嫌疑人
A -- a-a working-class guy. Father...I think.
工薪阶级,好像还是个父亲
But anyway, you two -- you almost ruined someone's life --
不管怎么说,你俩已经毁了某人的人生
Potentially several someones.
也许是很多人的人生
I -- we had no idea.
我们真不知道这些
Could this have been the person in the van?
会不会是货车里那个人
What if the man they arrested is the one we were warned about?
如果他们抓到的人正好是警告里说的那人呢
Yeah, maybe he's not so innocent, hmm?
这样看来,他可能也没那么无辜
Uh, warned? Warned how?
警告,怎么回事
Well, we had a phone call -- someone disguising their voice.
我们接到一个电话,有人用假嗓音打的
Yeah, they said someone was coming for us.
他们说有人要找我们麻烦
And there was a van outside the house... yep.
我家外面还停着一辆货车
...as if whoever was inside was watching us.
好像有人在车里监视着我们
And, uh, once that drove off,
所以,车一开走
We...did what we did for the kids. The kids.
我们为了孩子就这样做了, 为了孩子
I-I-I wouldn't know about any of that.
我不知道有这回事
I just...
我只是...
I can assure you that you and your family are safe.
我可以向你们保证,你和家人很安全
I mean, the police are all over this thing, so...
现在警察已经全权介入,所以
It -- it doesn't matter. Uh, we can't just go back.
不是这个问题,我们不能就这么回去
I mean, it's -- our case. They'll crucify Craig.
是案子的问题,他们不会放过克雷格的
Can't you just call Ms. Wexler again?
你能再给韦克斯勒小姐打个电话吗
You know, tell her you didn't see us after all.
就说你其实根本没看到我们
If they think I ran away,
如果他们认为我是逃跑的
it'll look like I did something wrong.
肯定会怀疑我
Yeah, and we can't risk losing everything
我们不能冒风险
just because of some teensy mistake.
因为一点小错误就失去一切
I mean, it's... Can I ask you something?
这真的... 我能问你们点事吗
What -- what were you hoping would happen?
你们本来是怎么希望的
I mean, before I found you, what were you planning to do?
在我找到你们之前,你们有什么打算
Well, we were in the process of, you know, working that out...
我们还在...考虑
We were working that out. -...When you, um... we were--
还在考虑... 然后你就...
All right, well, uh,
好吧
you still got a little bit of maneuverability, all right?
天无绝人之路
You -- you're outdoorsy, right?
你们爱好野外活动,对吧
So you went on an impromptu camping trip.
所以你们就来了一场说走就走的野营
I don't know. It's something people do, apparently.
人有时候就是这么任性
Uh, you left the house a mess,
你们把家里搞得一团乱
and you kicked in your own front door
把自家前门踹开
because it's a free country.
因为这是个自由国度
Kim Wexler is very good. She'll make it work.
金·韦克斯勒很厉害,她能让人信服
Yeah, what -- what about the money?
那,钱怎么办
Uh, well, if she knows about it, she'll tell, right?
如果她知道了钱的事,她一定会上报吧
I mean, she'll have to tell.
我是说她不得不上报吧
Well, like they say in Silicon Valley,
就像硅谷人说的那样
"It's not a bug -- it's a feature."
"那不是故障,是产品特色"
Did you ever hear of a bargaining chip?
听说过可以放弃的谈判筹码吗
Well, what we have right here
我们面前的这一堆
is the mother of all bargaining chips.
就是可放弃的筹码
Um, as in...you expect us to give this back?
你是想让我们把钱上交
We are not giving this back.
我们不会把钱交回去的
Uh, we are not guilty. This money belongs to us.
我们没有罪,这钱是我们应得的
We ea-- well, I mean, Craig earned it.
是我们,是克雷格赚到的
I worked very hard...
我很努力地工作
...You know, weekends and holidays...
我周末,节假日都在工作
...All unpaid. All unpaid, always.
总是白做工, 白做工,一直都是
And -- and, really, just because you're salaried
虽然给我们发了工资
doesn't mean you don't deserve overtime.
那也不能不给加班费啊
I-I think that's only fair.
我觉得这样才公平
I mean, really, that's what this is about, right?
没错,就是这个问题
Yeah. Fairness. Fairness, right.
事关公平二字, 没错,公平
I mean, not just what's legal.
这不光是合不合法的问题
If you want to talk about legal, slavery --
要说合法,你看奴隶制
that used to be legal -- human slavery, so...
以前蓄奴还合法呢
Yeah, this is right up there with that.
是这么回事哈
Please, just don't tell anyone about the money.
求你了,别告诉任何人这笔钱的事
I can't take a bribe. Who would know?
我不能受贿, 谁知道啊
We won't tell anyone. Yeah, take it.
我们对谁也不说, 是啊,拿着吧
I can't take it.
那也不行
Please. Didn't you say that you wanted to help us?
拿着吧,你刚才不是说想帮我们吗
So just pretend you never saw the money. How hard is that?
你就假装从没见过这钱,这不难吧
Take it.
快拿着
Take it.
拿着啊
I can't -I can't take a bribe.
我...我真的不能拿
But you know what?
不过
I can-I can take a retainer.
我可以把它当预付金
A retainer?
预付金
Yeah, for my services -- as your lawyer?
对,我当你们的律师,你们给我预付金啊
You're not our lawyer. Well, not yet.
你并不是我们的律师, 现在还不是而已
Look...I know that HHM is shiny and it's slick
我知道,哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所光鲜亮丽
and it's chock-full of lawyers
里面的律师一抓一大把
and, compared to them, I'm like a --
和他们相比,我就像个
a kiddy lemonade stand trying to compete with Wal-mart.
卖柠檬水的小摊,企图和沃尔玛竞争
But here's the thing -- what are you gonna get from me
但是,我能为你们提供的服务
that you're not gonna get from those other guys?
别人都无法提供
Passion, commitment.
比如我的热情与专注
Ask yourself this -- who found you?
你们自己想想看,是谁找到你们的
I don't see Howard Hamlin
我可没看到霍华德·哈姆林
ruining his $300 Gucci loafers out here.
穿着他三百块的古驰皮鞋来这儿找你们
If you're with me, you're my number-one client.
如果请我,那二位就是我的头号委托人
Morning, noon, or night, you call me -I'm there.
不管早中晚给我打电话,我随时待命
I would be singularly devoted to you.
我将会全心全意为你们服务
But why not?
不行吗,为什么
I'm sorry.
对不起
You're just...the...
因为你...
Just...I'm what?
我怎么了
You're the kind of lawyer guilty people hire.
有罪的人才找你当律师
Did it make the paper?
上报纸了吗
What?
什么
Did it make the paper?
那案子上报纸了吗
Did what make the paper?
什么案子上报纸
Okay, well, probably missed the deadline,
好吧,看来是错过截稿期了
But check it out tomorrow morning -- front page.
你明早再看,肯定在头版头条
The Kettlemans, all four of them --
凯特尔曼一家四口
Safe and sound.
安然无恙
Looks like you called it. Yeah.
都让你说中了, 嗯
Camping -- you know, pretty much right in their own backyard --
他们当时在野营,就在他家后院里
Well 5 miles above it.
不对,离他家后院还有五英里
Jesus.
我的天
The night I had. I got pine nuts in my shoes.
那晚真糟糕,我鞋里都是松子
But, I mean, can you believe it?
我是说,这事也太难以置信了
I-I guess you can.
好吧,你肯定不觉得奇怪
It's just, you know,
我就是觉得吧
you assume that criminals are gonna be smarter than they are.
本以为罪犯要比他们看起来聪明得多
I don't know.
我真搞不懂
It kind of breaks my heart a little.
这事还真让我小难过了一把
Not the loquacious sort, are you?
看你不怎么爱说话啊
We can't all be as blessed as you.
不是所有人都像你巧舌如簧
Well, thanks for your help.
多谢你那天帮我
Don't mention it.
没什么
And, uh, if you ever need any assistance...
那个,你要是需要帮忙的话...
Why is my client in handcuffs?
怎么把我的委托人给铐上了
This man is innocent. He's a victim.
他是无辜的,是受害人
Why -- why on earth would he be cuffed?
他怎么能戴手铐呢
Just go -- go ahead. Take them off. There you go.
快把手铐摘下来,这下好了
Free at last!
你自由了
Hey, did he tell you the good news?
他告诉你那个好消息了吗
Never even kidnapped -- how about that?
根本不是什么绑架,怎么样
A family can't go on a little vacation
全城不戒备一下
without the whole city going on lockdown?
人家都不能去野营了是吧
By the way, where is your partner?
对了,你那搭档在哪
What -- did you lose the coin toss?
你俩扔硬币你输了是吧
Because we expect an apology from him, as well as you.
我们要他来道歉,你也得道歉
You really don't want to push your luck with me, scumbag.
你个傻逼,少在这儿得寸进尺
You got eyes on you, asshole.
还有你这混蛋,我们可盯着你呢
One little slip -- just one.
你要再敢犯事,就等着瞧吧
Yeah, well, you're -- you're both very pretty, so...
好好好,你们牛气,行了吧
Well...
那个...
I believe I did more than what you asked of me,
你让我做的我做了,没让的我也做了
So, uh, that would make us square, yes?
咱俩这下互不相欠了吧
Great.
那就好
You need a ride?
要不要我搭你一程
Camping?
野营
You expect me to believe that shit?
你觉得我会信这种鬼话吗
Yeah, I know it.
我知道你不信
The things people do, huh?
可是人们有时是这样
They decide to go camping
我前脚和你说好那事
right after I run my little offer by you?
他们后脚就跑出去野营
Could be argued that all of life is one great coincidence.
生活本来就充满了巧合啊
Somebody told those people to, um, go camping.
一定是有人让他们去"野营"
Somebody warned them.
那人给他们提了个醒
They're very woodsy.
他们本来就爱往林子里钻
And between you and me,
而且说实话
they're pretty rash when it comes to the decision-making.
他们属于做决定十分冲动的人
I mean, they're not really the plan-ahead types.
并不是真正懂得深谋远虑的人
Yeah, I'd cut the cute attitude right about now
如果我是你,就赶紧把那油腔滑调
if I were you.
收起来
You ratted on me. There will be consequences.
你出卖了我,是会付出代价的
Hey, if somebody warned the Kettlemans,
如果有人警告了凯特尔曼一家
it was probably somebody who was worried about those kids.
那也是因为担心那两个孩子
You know how much trouble you caused me?
你知道你给我惹了多大的麻烦吗
You didn't need any help getting caught, okay?
你被抓住可不是我害得
The neighbor ID'd you. You were sloppy.
邻居认出了你,是你大意了
Any trouble you might have -- that's on you.
不管惹了多大麻烦,都是你自找的
Not to mention the blood in your van.
更别提你车里的血迹了
Here's a thought -Ajax, Formula 409!
你就不能用点清洁剂吗
You have no idea the tap-dance I had
你根本不知道为了让你出来
to give those cops to get you out of here.
我跟那些警察兜了多少圈子
You gave them probable cause out the wazoo.
是你给他们拱手奉上一大堆疑点
Now, and whoever the somebody is
即使真的有人
who may have warned the Kettlemans got them out of there
警告了凯特尔曼一家,让他们离开
before you did anything even more stupid.
你才因此没有做出更蠢的事
You should be thanking this good samaritan.
那你也应该感谢那个好心人
Because whoever he is, he did you a favor.
因为不管那人是谁,他帮了你的忙
Okay, um, I'm thinking hourly here.
我们来按小时计费
There were some special circumstances,
由于出现了一些特殊情况
so our elite-tier pricing
所以我们的贵宾价
would be...$950 an hour.
为每小时九百五十美元
Round it off to 20 hours.
总计二十个小时
$19,000...
一万九千美元
Plus $1,000 for travel expenses.
再加上一千美元差旅费
Consulting fees -- $1,500.
咨询费一千五百美元
And, uh, research...
调研费用
Five for filing fees.
立案费五千
I ate on the road.
外出餐补
And storage fees.
还有保管费
Miscellaneous expenses.
各种杂费
Upon this rock, I will build my church.
我要把我的教会建造在这磐石上
Double-breasted or single, sir?
要双排扣还是单排,先生
Single. Now, I want you to cut the armholes high, okay?
单排,我希望你把袖孔开高一些
Of course. And, uh, trim through the middle -- trim.
当然, 还有中间要修身一些,修身型
Cloth?
要什么布料的
Uh, oh, well, uh, wool.
羊毛
Yeah. Uh...
对了
"Super 170 Tasmanian wool."
"特级170塔斯马尼亚羊毛"
Beautiful choice, sir. Thanks.
很好的选择,先生, 谢谢
Navy, all right?
海军蓝,好吗
Oh, that's it. Perfect. Pinstripe.
就是它,非常好,细条纹的
Shall we discuss shirts?
是不是该讨论衬衫了
Okay, I'm gonna need your finest sea island cotton
好,我要你们这里最好的海岛棉面料
with a white club collar and french cuffs.
白色圆角领和翻边袖口
I have the very thing.
我这里正好有
And I'm assuming you want to see some ties?
我认为你还想看看领带吧
Yeah, I was, you know, picturing something in a --
对,我预想差不多应该是
a light-blue knit.
浅蓝色的针织领带
Oh, and, uh, could you make sure
还有请确保
those are real mother-of-pearl buttons on the shirts, okay?
衬衫上是真正的珍珠母纽扣,好吗
None of this fake plastic crap.
不要那些假的塑料玩意
Of course. I'll be right back.
当然,我马上回来
Some coffee, David, for the gentleman?
给这位先生倒杯咖啡,大卫
Here we are.
找到了
Shall we?
要试试吗
Yeah, let's go.
好,来吧
So, um, what do you think?
你怎么想
"Strawberry fields forever"? Mm.
"永远的草莓地"色吗, 对
No. Are you crazy?
不对,你疯了吗
N-not even close. Yes, it is.
边都沾不上, 是一样的
Look. No, no.
看啊, 不不
It's way more "Sassafras glow" -- way more.
"闪亮黄樟色"更像,像多了
Use your eyes -Strawberry Fields Forever.
好好看看,就是"永远的草莓地"色
Ladies, back me up. Hey. Is it -- sassafras glow.
女士们,帮我看看,这是"闪亮黄樟色"
Am I right? -Yeah. No.
我对吗, 对,不对
Maybe "Rhapsody in blonde," but...yeah, see?
或者"金色狂想曲" 不过,看到了吗
They agree with me.
她们同意我说的
Whatever happened to "The customer is always right"?
人们不是常说"顾客永远是对的"吗
Sassafras glow -- mix it up, all right?
闪亮黄樟色,去配吧,好吗
You're wrong. You'll see.
你错了,你会看到的
Big deal. I'll wash it out in the morning.
那有什么关系,大不了我明早洗掉
No biggie. Geez. It's bleach.
多大点事啊, 这是漂发
It doesn't wash out. What?
洗不掉的, 什么
It's permanent?
是永久性的吗
We'll photoshop the color, okay?
那我们还是直接修图吧
Change of plan, ladies.
计划有变,女士们
I want to go with a simple curling-iron job, okay?
我只要做简单的烫卷
Uh, give me, like, ringlets --
给我做那种小卷发
You know, on top, like Tony Curtis in "Spartacus."
就像《斯巴达克斯》里面托尼·柯蒂斯那种
Yeah, like the bath scene in "Spartacus."
对,就像《斯巴达克斯》里浴室那场戏那样
Okay. "I am Spartacus."
对,那个"我是斯巴达克斯"
Stop talking about it!
别再议论了
Make me beautiful, already.
快让我变漂亮
Hello.
喂
You've reached the law offices of James M. McGill, esquire,
这里是詹姆斯·M·麦吉尔先生的律所
a lawyer you can trust.
一位值得你信赖的律师
Kindly leave your information at the tone,
请在响声后留下你的信息
and Mr. McGill will phone you promptly.
麦吉尔先生会尽快给你回电
Hey. Uh...it's me.
是我
Anyway, uh, "The Thing" is playing downtown on Saturday.
《怪形》这周六上映
Thought you might be up for some Kurt Russell action.
我觉着你应该会喜欢库特·拉塞尔的表演
I owe you one, so why don't we just grab some dinner first?
我欠你个人情,那要不先吃晚饭
My treat.
我请
And...uh, you know, if not,
要是...你不想来的话
can you give me a call anyway?
也给我回个电话好吗
I really want to talk to you.
我真的很想跟你谈谈
Okay. Uh, bye.
就这样,再见
Come in.
请进
How goes it?
事情怎么样了
Tricky, for sure.
有点棘手
Craig and Betsy really put us in a corner with the police,
克雷格和贝茜让我们在警察面前的处境很不妙
Not to mention the press.
更不用说媒体方面了
But this camping story of theirs --
但是,他们的野营一说
they've been keeping it consistent, at least.
倒是编的无懈可击
If it's okay with you,
如果你同意的话
I think I should try to talk them into hiring a P.R. Firm --
我觉得应该劝他们雇一家公关公司
certainly for the next couple of weeks.
应付接下来的几周
So, okay on the P.R. Firm?
所以,你同意吗
Do you have a minute? Yeah, of course.
你现在有空吗, 当然有
What's up?
有什么事吗
Take a ride with me.
跟我出去兜个风
Uh, okay. Uh... where are we going?
好的,可是,去哪里兜
Shit.
操
Yep.
是啊
That's...I mean, that's my suit, right?
他穿的是...我的西装,对吧
Am I crazy here?
是我疯了吗
No, you're not crazy.
你没疯
Look at the logo. That's our logo.
你看那个标志,那是我们的商标
He's just straight-up copying us.
他根本就是在抄袭我们
I mean, what the hell is he thinking with this?
他脑子里到底在想什么啊
I really -- h-h-he's, you know, a free spirit.
我真的,他...他行事不羁
Yeah, that's one way to put it.
说的也是
You two are still friends, right?
你俩还是朋友对吧
I wouldn't exactly -- You talk, though.
关系不是很, 但还是能说上话的
Not...really --
不...怎么说
Still, you're the one he called
但他找到凯特尔曼一家
when he found the Kettlemans camped halfway up the Sandias.
在桑迪亚斯露营的时候,他打电话给你了
He was just looking out for his own client -- that's all.
他只是想为自己的委托人开脱罢了
This isn't the Third Degree, Kim.
金,我不是严刑逼供你
I-I really don't care one way or the other.
我...我不在乎你们俩关系好不好
I just...
我只是...
He's really forcing my hand here.
他这么做太狠了
Am I interrupting?
我打扰到你了吗
Not at all. Perfect timing. Come on.
没有,来得正好,来来
Sit.
请坐
Have a massage, free of charge.
做个按摩吧,免费的
Okay. Got to try the foot bath, too.
好啊, 这个足浴也要体验一下
Give the old dogs a rest.
这把老骨头终于可以歇歇了
A-and go for the deep-tissue setting. Otherwise --
要调到深度按摩模式,不然的话
Is that the small fist?
是这个小的吗
Use the -- it's three arrows.
你得用那个,三个箭头那档
I did. I pressed it. Just -- yeah.
是啊,我按了那个, 就,对了
Now you feel it? Good.
你现在感觉到了吗,好吧
Now relax, okay? Okay.
现在放松试试, 好的
You deserve a break today.
你得休息一下犒劳自己
It's very nice. Told you.
真的很舒服, 我早说过了
I get this free every night --
我每晚都能免费享受
Just one of the perks of salon living.
这就是住在美容院里的好处之一
The others being... Free cucumber water, obviously.
其他好处是, 你看,有免费黄瓜水喝
Obviously. Free mani-pedis?
当然,有免费的修甲吗
Deep discount mani-pedis.
修甲享超低折扣
Because the ladies still got to eat, you know?
毕竟人家还是要吃饭的
Well, it's still a deal.
好吧,那还是不错的
Living like a king, then.
看来你活得很滋润啊
What's this? Is this a cease and desist?
这是什么,是禁止令吗
Yeah. Yeah.
是的, 好吧
How pissed was he?
他有多生气
Well, his head didn't actually explode,
至少头没气炸
But, you know, pretty damn pissed...
但是,还是气得够呛
...like "This won't end well for you" pissed.
直骂"你肯定没好下场"这种
How about that? Jimmy.
那又如何, 吉米
This is serious. I know.
这不是闹着玩的, 我知道
Do you? I mean, Yeah.
你真的知道吗, 当然
what the hell is with that billboard?
那块广告板到底是怎么回事啊
I know you have a problem with Hamlin, but I
我知道你跟哈姆林过不去,但我
I just don't get your angle here.
我不懂你那是什么意思
Aren't you trying to build your own law practice?
你不是要建自己的律所吗
Instead, you're spending god knows how much money
但你现在花了一大笔钱
turning yourself into a little Hamlin clone.
把自己变成了哈姆林翻版
I mean...why are you making this personal?
你干嘛要针对他
It's not personal. It is so personal.
没有针对他, 明明就是
It is completely and totally personal.
这完完全全就是针对他
No, no, no. It's not. No. Yes. Yes, it is.
不,都说了不是了, 是,明明就是
Stop trying to pretend.
别再装了
I can advertise, can't I?
我就不能做广告了吗
What, do I have to clear everything
什么,难道我做什么事都要
Past the great and powerful Howard? Yes,
经过万能的霍华德同意吗, 对
you can advertise, Jimmy, all you want.
你可以做广告,吉米,随你
That billboard is not advertising.
但那广告牌不是广告宣传
That is a declaration of war.
那是宣战
Declaration of war? That's...
宣战,那...
It's right at Hamlin's exit.
它就在哈姆林出口
You know he drives by it every day.
你知道他每天都开车从那过
It's business. I'm building a brand.
那是生意,我在创建一个品牌
You're ripping off a brand.
你是剽窃别人的品牌
There is nothing original in that ad.
那个广告里一点原创的东西也没有
It certainly doesn't represent Jimmy McGill.
它绝对代表不了吉米·麦吉尔
Hey, all right, now, he fired the first shot, okay?
你听好了,是他打响了第一枪
Trying to keep me from using my name, my own name, Kim?
不许我用我自己的名字,金
I get that.
我理解
But this... you're better than this.
但,你可以做得更好
I'm better than this? Yeah.
我可以做得更好, 对
I'm better than this? Yes.
我可以做得更好, 对
I'm better? You are.
我更好, 对
Well, you're better than that schmuck Hamlin!
你比那个蠢哈姆林强
Oh, come on, Jimmy. You -- hey.
拜托,吉米, 你...
Come on. You could work anywhere.
拜托, 你可以在任何地方工作
You could be somewhere where they appreciate you --
你可以在欣赏你的公司工作
You know, where they see how valuable you are,
在能看到你价值的公司工作
Where -I don't know -- maybe they care about you?!
他们会关心你
Forget it, okay?
别想了,好吗
If Hamlin wants to come after me,
如果哈姆林要对付我
he knows where I am.
他知道我在哪
I'll be ready, guns blazing.
我会准备好,全副武装
The cease and desist is just the beginning.
禁止令只是个开始
The next step is an injunction.
下一步就是强制令
You can't win this fight.
这场战争你是赢不了的
Your honor, I'm a humble solo practitioner,
法官大人,我是卑微的个体律师
merely trying to ply my trade
只想在这个充满竞争
in an aggressive and evolving marketplace.
且日新月异的市场里有一席之地
As I've argued repeatedly, this is trademark infringement.
正如我不断重申的,这是商标侵权
Mr. McGill's new logo is an absolute copy of ours.
麦吉尔先生的新商标完全是抄我们的
I think it falls firmly under fair use.
我认为这是合理使用
Fair use?
合理使用
You're clearly profiting, so fair use doesn't apply.
你明显从中获利,这不是合理使用
It -- there are only so many fonts out there.
字体就那么几种
Does Mr. Hamlin outright own them all?
难道都属于哈姆林先生吗
No, but we've been using this particular font
不,但我们用这种字体
for 12 years now, and it,
已经十二年了
in concert with our tri-rectangle graphic
还有我们的三矩形图案
and hamlindigo blue, constitutes a trademarked brand identifier.
和哈姆林靛蓝,共同组成了注册商标
Whoa, whoa. Back up.
等等,你说啥
Hamlindigo blue?
哈姆林靛蓝
Yes.
对
That is our trademarked name.
那是我们注册的名字
Holy crap.
天啊
You seriously named a color "Hamlindigo"?
你真的管一个颜色叫"哈姆林靛蓝"
That is -- yikes.
真是,哇
"Yikes"? From the man dressed exactly like me.
"哇" 从一个穿着和我一样的人嘴里冒出来
Your honor, I feel like
法官大人,我感觉
I'm in the mirror routine with Groucho Marx,
我在和格劳乔·马克思做镜子表演
like we should be standing, waving our arms at each other.
我们应该站着,向对方挥手
Really? I don't see it.
真的吗,我可看不出来
In addition, the name McGill appears in both logos,
另外,出现在两个商标上的名字麦吉尔
which, I believe, Mr. McGill is hoping
我认为,麦吉尔先生是想
to further confuse potential clients.
让潜在客户更加迷惑
So I can't advertise under my own name now?
所以我连自己的名字都不能用吗
I'm to be penalized 'cause I happen to
就因为恰巧和他们律所的一个合伙人
share a name with one of HHM's partners?
名字相同,就要被处罚吗
You can't take my name from me.
你不能不让我用自己的名字
The name is not the problem here, Mr. McGill.
名字不是现在的问题,麦吉尔先生
Uh, Mr. Hamlin certainly seems to think so.
哈姆林先生显然认为是问题
I mean, he wants me to change my name 'cause he claims that --
他想让我改名,因为他声称
that -- what -- it's some kind of threat to his business?
这对他的事业造成了一些威胁
Your honor. This is restraint of trade, okay?
法官大人,这是贸易管制
Whatever happened to the free market, huh?
现在不是自由市场吗
No, Hamlin here wants you to tell --
不,哈姆林是想告诉你...
Okay, Okay, I've—enough. Mr. McGill, I've heard enough.
好,够了,麦吉尔先生,我听够了
All right, yes, you are within your rights
好,你有权利
to advertise using your own name.
用你自己名字做广告
However, in my estimation, the billboard clearly
但是,根据我的判断,这个广告牌明显
and intentionally duplicates elements
有意抄袭了
of the Hamlin Hamlin & McGill logo.
哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所的商标
You're actively copying their established brand
你是主动抄袭他们已成立的品牌
for your own gain.
谋求个人利益
I don't see any other reasonable explanation.
我不认为还有其他合理解释
Your honor, I -- Jimmy, Jimmy.
法官大人,我... 吉米,吉米
Wise up.
放聪明点
The billboard must come down within 48 hours.
这个广告牌必须在四十八小时内拆除
This is a classic David vs. Goliath story.
这就是经典的弱者对巨人的故事
I mean, you got your gigantic law firm
他凭借自己庞大的律所
stomping all over the little guy.
践踏所有小公司
Yeah, but it's investigative journalism at its best.
对,但这都可以算做黑幕报道了
I-it's right up your alley. Uh-huh.
这正是你的拿手好戏
Yeah, o-okay, well, let me give you my cell just in case...
好吧,我把我的号码给你,如果...
Uh -- yeah. Thank you.
好,谢谢
Can I get the news desk, please?
请接新闻采编部
I got a hot tip.
我有个大爆料
Don't you want to be the station that brought down big law?
你难道不想成为搞倒大律所的电视台吗
You could be like the reporters that brought down big tobacco.
你可以像那些搞倒大烟草公司的记者一样
Look, I'm talking Woodward and Bernstein here.
就像伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦揭露水门事件那样
Hey, your exposé on predatory ATM fees -- that was... wow!
你关于自动取款机乱收费的曝光,非常棒
Well, it's a miscarriage of justice,
这是误判
and I think your viewers would be very, very interested
我觉得你们的读者会非常乐意
and, uh, grateful to you for exposing this injustice.
并感激你曝光这种不公正行为
I wouldn't characterize this as a community health risk,
我觉得这没危及到社区健康
but it's definitely in the community interest.
但肯定跟社区利益有关
No, yes,
不,没错
HHM is a pillar of the community, yes.
哈姆林麦吉尔联合律所是社区支柱
No, I -- the war is an important story, as well.
不,斗争也是很重要的故事
That's why this action is so egregious.
所以这种行为很过分
Sure. Okay.
当然,行
Well, at least consider the human-interest angle here.
至少要报导地有点人情味
Are you kidding?
你在逗我吗
It's -- lawyer pulls himself up by his bootstraps,
律师自己白手起家
only to be ground under the heel of the old-money megafirm?
结果被家族大律所踩在脚下
That's Hearts and Minds! You -- hello?
那是《心灵与智慧》的情节,喂
Yeah, I have your number, too, so...
是,我也有你的号码
Yeah, I see.
我懂了
Okay.
行
Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, man.
别,别,别碰,伙计
Can't touch the goods.
什么都别碰
I signed the form -- only I can touch the camera.
我填了表,只有我能碰摄像机
Fine, may I suggest you widen the frame to include --
行,我建议你扩大画面
The billboard is the story, okay?
广告牌才是故事主角
No, I'm also the story, so...got to get me in there.
我也是故事主角,我也得在里面
Okay, so, get on your mark.
站在标记上
You know, uh, no offense to your minutes of experience,
我对你捉襟见肘的摄影经验没意见
but I'd like to see what we got before we do this, okay?
但开始之前我还是得看看
Other guy.
那家伙
Other guy.
那家伙
Only other guy that's here, go stand where I was standing.
说的就是你,站在我刚站的地方
Uh...shrink down. Shrink down.
蹲一点,蹲一点
You know, scrunch. Yeah.
矮一点,好了
Okay, widen the frame. Get the billboard.
扩大画面,把广告牌拍进来
Okay, now get me. Me, me, me, me, me.
好,然后拍我,我,我
No. Not me -- get him. He's me. Yeah, like that.
不是我,拍他,他就是我,就这样
Got it? Yeah.
明白吗, 明白
Good.
很好
Okay. Is he in the shot?
好,他在镜头里吗
No. Dude, just go.
没有,开始吧
How do I look? Great.
我怎么样, 很好看
I'll, uh -- no, this is my good side.
我,不,我这边比较好看
Is, uh -- is the billboard in? Yes!
广告牌拍进来了吗, 是的
Jesus, just -- you said $100 for one hour, not fricking 3.
你说一百美元一小时,不是他妈的三小时
You clearly have a journalistic impulse.
你明显有记者的冲动
You're a real go-getter, you know that?
你真积极,你知道吗
Go get this.
快拍
All right, count me down.
好,我倒数
In 5, 4, 3...
五,四,三
Gravitas.
要严肃
I'm James McGill.
我是詹姆斯·麦吉尔
Like most Americans, I'm a self-made man.
和许多美国人一样,我自力更生
I put myself through law school.
通过自己努力从法律学校毕业
Working in the courts as a public defender,
在法庭当公设辩护律师
I represented those with nowhere else to turn.
我代理过很多无路可走的人
I believe in service. It's what I've built my career on.
我相信司法体系,这是我事业的基础
But I've also had a dream, a dream that many of us have --
但我也有梦想,很多人共有的梦想
a dream to own my own business.
自己创业的梦想
Well, I-I scrimped and I saved, and finally,
我精打细算,省吃俭用,终于
I was able to buy one billboard...
我买得起那个广告位了
...A tiny foray into advertising for my fledgling law firm.
能给我刚开的律所打个小广告
I've always been told
大家总说
that America is the land of opportunity,
美国遍地是机会
and I believed it...until today.
直到今天我还深信不疑
Not 24 hours after my billboard went up,
但广告牌竖起来还不到二十四小时
a large law firm came after me.
一家大公司就对我穷追不舍
They said that I was hurting their business.
他们说我损害了他们的生意
They're rich. They're powerful. I'm just...one man.
他们有钱有势,但我只是一个普通人
So, who do you think the courts sided with?
你觉得法庭会站在谁那边
So now my little billboard comes down.
现在我的广告位倒下了
Let me tell you something --
我告诉你
if they want a fight, they're gonna get a fight,
如果他们想斗,那我们就斗到底
because I'm not giving up, not --
因为我不会放弃
Holy shit! Dude, the dude!
我的天,你看那人
Help! Dude, the dude!
救命, 你看那人
The w-- the worker guy!
你看那个工人
Holy shit.
我的天
Please! Aah! Get me down!
来人啊,救我下去
Dude! Yeah, okay, call 911!
你看那人, 行,快报警
Help me! Aah! You got a cell?
救救我, 你有手机吗
Yeah, yeah. Aah! Please!
有, 救命啊
Yeah, a guy just fell off a billboard
有人快要从山南边临街的
from frontage road south of mountain.
广告牌上摔下来了
Hey, man!
伙计
Help me!
救救我
Hey, man, I don't think that's very safe!
我觉得那样不安全
You need to be, like, licensed for that!
你得有执照才能上去吧
Help me! Man.
救救我, 天
Not looking down.
别往下看
One rung at a time.
一次一级
Not looking down.
别往下
Hurry up!
快点
Come get me!
快来救我
Help!
救命
Help me! Aah!
救救我
Sir, I'm right here! Please!
先生,我就在这里, 救我
Please!
求求你
Pull me up! Here, grab my hand!
拉我上去, 抓住我的手
Pull me up!
拉我上去
Pull me up! Here!
拉我上去, 抓住
You okay?
你没事吧
Took you long enough.
动作怎么那么慢
I was scared, yes.
是,我当时吓死了
I mean, I'm not really a big fan of heights --
其实我还是
Let me tell you.
有点恐高
But, you know, something inside me said, "You have to do this."
但我内心有个声音说, "必须救人"
I'm sure our city's first responders
我觉得就算没有我
would have been here momentarily.
急救人员也会及时到场
Oh, jesus, can you believe this guy?
天啊,你相信这家伙吗
But at least I was able to provide a reassuring presence.
但至少我的出现让大家安了心
This whole thing was a publicity stunt. It's got to be.
这简直就是在做秀,肯定是这样
I think that's kind of all anybody wants
我觉得一人有难时
when they're in trouble.
都希望别人伸出援手
You know, of course, I didn't think that life...
当然,我不认为人生...
You don't think anyone's gonna actually buy this?
不会有人信吧
...was gonna call on me in such an immediate
...会在生命攸关之时
And, life-threatening way. It's hard to say. People love a hero.
向我求助, 很难说,人们喜欢英雄
...take it as it comes, right?
...都会毫不犹豫,是吧
The universe put me in that spot at that moment.
我身处当时那种情况
Who am I to say no?
怎么会拒绝
You know, as a lawyer, while I help people every day,
作为一名律师,我每天都在帮助他人
I may not get as much attention for it.
可能不受这么多关注
Whole thing's a damn stunt.
这就是做秀
But I think my clients know
但我觉得我的委托人
that when they're in trouble, I'm there.
都知道他们有难,我都会帮忙
I was just a guy who was in the right...
我只是在对的时间...
You have seven new messages.
您有七条留言
To listen to your messages, press "1."
听留言请按一
First message, received at 5:40...
第一条,五点四十分收到
It's just showmanship, Chuck.
这都靠演技,查克
Yeah, right.
没错,是的
You're early.
你今天很早
Did you --
你有没有
Yeah, I grounded myself. Hey, big day.
是,我放电了,今天很棒
My phone's ringing off the hook.
我电话响个不停
I have three consults before lunchtime -- three.
上午有三个咨询,三个哦
That's great, Jimmy.
太棒了,吉米
Yep. The worm has turned.
咸鱼翻身了
Oh. That's really great.
真的很不错
So, to what do you credit this sudden change?
你觉得突然改善的原因是什么
Well, I got to admit -- you were right.
我承认,你说得对
How so?
为什么
Well, you told me to keep plugging
你叫我继续努力
and, uh, you know, do good work, and the clients will come.
干好活儿,委托人不请自来
You know, I'll -I'll admit,
我承认
I almost lost faith a couple times, but the worm has turned.
我有几次差点丢失信念,但我咸鱼翻身了
So, uh, what -- you've been getting referrals
你公设案的委托人
from your P.D. clients?
给你推荐客户了吗
Uh, yeah.
没错
You know, you work hard, show you got half a brain,
工作努力,向别人证明你脑子还不错
and people come knocking, like you said.
人们就会像你说的那样上门
I just needed to get my face out there.
我现在只需做好宣传
So, prosecutors, then -- referring clients?
检察官有推荐委托人吗
Yeah. Yep. Exactly.
当然有
Was it Bergeron?
是伯杰龙吗
When I was starting out, she sent me a couple good ones.
我刚起步时,她把我推荐给几个好客户
Yeah, uh, it was --
没错,其实
It was someone on her team you know?
是她一个手下推荐的
I mean, hey, just took some elbow grease and clean living --
肯吃苦耐劳,不要不三不四
People noticed.
人们就会注意你
I knew you had it in you.
我就知道你有潜力
I don't see the journal here.
今天的报纸呢
Right.
对
Here you go. No, no, no.
在这里, 不,不
Uh, Albuquerque Journal -- it's not here.
《阿尔布开克日报》不见了
Oh, yeah. I didn't see it outside.
外面我也没看到
Wasn't out there?
没在外面吗
It's always out there. I didn't see it.
总在外面啊, 我没看到
Maybe they forgot to deliver it.
可能忘记投递了
Maybe some kids grabbed it.
可能有小孩拿走了
Because if there's one thing kids love,
那个小孩肯定非常喜欢
it's local print journalism.
本地的报纸
I don't know what to tell you.
我不知道怎么说
You got a ton of reading material there.
但你有一堆可以读的东西
Look, hey. Financial Times.
你看,《金融时报》
You know, I know Albuquerque is a hub of global intrigue,
我知道阿尔布开克是国际事务的中心
but you think that'll tide you over? All right, fine.
但这个应该够你读了吧, 好吧,行
But if it's not here tomorrow,
但如果明天还没有
I'm gonna need you to call the subscription office for me.
你得帮我打给订阅办公室
Yeah, will do. Look, I got to go.
行,我会的,我得走了
I don't want to be late.
我不想迟到
Hey, good luck today!
祝你好运
Thanks. Keep it up.
谢谢, 加油干
Hard work looks good on you.
你努力工作的样子很棒