I think you fell in love with the images, not the girl.
我觉得你爱上的是所有的这些表象 而不是这个女孩
So we cut the zoology and the cigar brands.I'll do it.
所以要把动物学家和雪茄都删掉 好吧
And the ruminations on pink?
粉色这个点再考虑一下?
No. No!The adjectives are true. He's a man who thinks that way.
不 不行!这些形容词都没用错 他就是以这种视角看问题的人
Pink is never just pink.It's a thousand other things, all profoundly important to him.
粉色远不止这一个概念 它还代表其他很多的方面 而这些都是对塑造这个形象攸关重要的
All variations on his psychological state.Every image and the sound of every word matters.
都是他心理状态的一种反映 每一个场景的描写 以及每一种声音都是很重要的
No, it doesn't. They're vital! Nonsense. Vital! You're losing the plot.
并不是 这些都是毫无意义的 它们非常重要! 别自欺欺人了 很重要!
He's falling in love. What was it like the first time you fell in love, Tom? Was it cornstalk yellow and pompous Chesterfields?
他恋爱了 你第一次陷入爱河时是怎样的感受 汤姆? 跟玉米秆似的黄色 还有浮夸的大衣有关吗?
It was a lightning bolt.
是像被闪电击中一般
And that's what it should be, a lightning bolt.Save all the thunder.
这就是恋爱的感觉啊 如闪电击中一样 闪电的声音留着
I got you. I got you.Cut that. Cut that.
明白了 明白了 这个删掉 这个删掉
All right. We cut the textile."He saw a woman..." Cut. Cut. Cut.
好了 把对衣物的描写都划了 “他看见一个女人...” 删掉 删掉 删掉
"But it was her eyes that stopped his breath in his throat... "that made his heart leap up." No, cut the Wordsworth.
“但真正让他心跳加速 无法呼吸的” “是她那双迷人的眼睛” 不 别学华兹华斯
"It stopped his breath." "Blue they were..." Cut the marine life.
“让他无法呼吸” “蓝色的双眼...” 把贝壳删掉
"A blue beyond blue, like the ocean." Cliche.
“蓝得动人 似大海般透彻” 陈词滥调