手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第一季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第一季:第16集 办个超赞的生日派对(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

I got him! Take him down! He's got you, Sheldon.

超过他了!打败他!他超过你了,谢尔顿。
Look at this move! He's completely schooling you. Hey, guys, guys, some of the other waitresses wanted me to ask you something.
瞧这下!他完全超过你了。嘿,伙计们伙计们,别的女服务生要我问你们点事。
It's called trestling.
这叫trestling(自创词,tetris+wrestling。)。
It combines the physical strength of arm wrestling with the mental agility of tetris into the ultimate sport.
这是一项将掰手腕的体力和玩俄罗斯方块的思维能力集为一体的运动。
Yeah, that's terrific, but what they wanted me to ask you is to cut it the hell out.
嗯,听起来很厉害,但是她们问你们是否可以打住了。
Great. Come here, guys. Come on. Happy birthday to you.
很好来吧伙计们来吧,祝你生日快乐。
We might as well stop. It's a stalemate.
我们最好停下吧,陷入平局了,
You're beating me in tetris, but you've got the upper body strength of a Keebler elf.
俄罗斯方块上你赢了我,但你的上肢力量就像科伯饼干玩偶。
Keebler elf? I've got your keebler elf right here.
科伯玩偶?让你瞧瞧科伯玩偶的厉害!
Okay, it's a stalemate.
好吧,平局。
So, Leonard, will we be seeing you on saturday for your free birthday cheesecake?
那么兰纳德,周六带免费芝士生日蛋糕去见你?
He can't eat cheesecake. He's lactose intolerant.
他不能吃芝士蛋糕,他不吃乳糖。
Okay, he can have carrot cake.
好吧,他可以吃胡萝卜蛋糕。
What about the cream cheese frosting? He can scrape it off.
那层奶油干酪怎么办?他可以刮掉嘛。
Forget about the cake. How do you know that my birthday is saturday?
别管蛋糕了,你怎么知道周六是我生日?
I did your horoscope, remember? I was going to do everybody's, until Sheldon went on one of his typical psychotic rants.
我帮你算过星座记得不?我本来要帮所有人算的,但谢尔顿开始了他的疯言疯语。
For the record, "that psychotic rant" was a concise summation of the research of Bertram Forer,
请注意你所谓的疯言疯语是伯特伦·弗瑞尔的研究的简明总结。
who, in 1948, proved conclusively through meticulously designed experiments that astrology is nothing but pseudo-scientific hokum.
他在1948年经过精密的设计性实验得出占星学只不过是一堆伪科学的废话。
Blah, blah, blah. Typical taurus. So, seriously, are we going to see you saturday?
废话好多,典型的金牛座。说真的我们周六能见到你吗?
Uh, I don't think so. Why not?
呃,我不这么认为。为什么不?
I don't celebrate my birthday. Shut up. Yeah, you do.
我不庆祝生日的。少来,哪能不庆祝呢。
It's no big deal; it's just the way I was raised.
没什么大不了的,我就这么长大的。
My parents focused on celebrating achievements, and being expelled from a birth canal was not considered one of them.
我父母注重于庆祝巨大成就,我从产道里蹦出来对他们来说并不是其中之一。
That's so silly. It's actually based on very sound theories. His mother published a paper on it.
这太愚蠢了。实际上这基于非常有力的理论,他母亲还就此发表了论文。
Well, what was it called? "I hate my son and that's why he can't have cake"?
哦?叫什么题目?“我讨厌我儿子所以他不能吃蛋糕”?
It was obviously effective. Leonard grew up to be an experimental physicist.
这样做显然很有效果,兰纳德成长为一个实验物理学家。
Perhaps if she'd also denied him christmas, he'd be a little better at it. Thank you.
也许如果不让他过圣诞节会比现在更优秀。谢谢你。
Well, I love birthdays. Waking up to mom's special french toast breakfast,
我喜欢过生日,早上起来吃妈妈特制的法国吐司,
wearing the birthday king crown, playing laser tag with all my friends... Yeah, see? That's what kids should have.
头戴生日王冠和所有的朋友一起玩激光搏击……是啊,瞧见没? 孩子就应该这么过。
Actually, that was last year.
实际说的是我去年的生日。
So you really never had a birthday party?
你真的从来没有办过生日派对?
No, but it was okay. I mean, when I was little,
没有。不过没关系,我是指在我还小的时候,
I'd think maybe my parents would change their mind and surprise me with a party.
我曾想也许我父母会改变主意然后给我一个惊喜派对,
Like this one birthday I came home from my cello lesson and I saw a lot of strange cars parked out front.
比如有次生日我刚学完大提琴回家,我看到很多陌生车停在门外,
When I got to the door, I could hear people whispering and I could smell German chocolate cake, which is my favorite.
走到门口还听见人们在小声说话,而且还闻到了德国巧克力蛋糕的味道,那是我最喜欢的蛋糕。
And? It turns out my grandfather had died.
然后呢?结果是我爷爷去世了。
Oh, my god. That's terrible.
噢我的天哪,这太恐怖了。
Well, it was kind of like a birthday party. I got to see all my cousins, and there was cake, so...
但我觉得也算个生日派对了,我见到了所有的表兄弟,也有蛋糕……
That's the saddest thing I've ever heard.
这是我听过最可怜的事了。
You think? Go ahead, tell her about your senior prom.
你这么觉得?告诉她你毕业舞会的事。
Make sure they remember no peanuts.
一定要记得不要放花生。
Howard, every Thai restaurant in town knows you can't eat peanuts.
霍华德,城里每个泰国餐厅都知道你不能吃花生。
When they see me coming, they go, "ah, no-peanut boy!"
他们一看到我去就会说“啊,不要花生的男孩!”
Hello, Penny. Leonard just left. I know. I want to talk to you.
你好佩妮,兰纳德刚刚出门。我知道,我想要跟你谈谈。
What would we talk about? We have no overlapping areas of interest I'm aware of. As you know, I don't care for chitchat.
我们谈些什么?据我所知我们没有共同语言,你知道的我不喜欢闲谈。
Can you just let me in?
能让我进去吗?
Well, all right, but I don't see this as a promising endeavor.
好吧,但我不觉得这管什么用。
Okay, here is the deal. We are going to throw Leonard a kick-ass surprise party for his birthday on saturday.
好吧,事情是这样的,我们周六给兰纳德办个超惊喜的生日派对。
I hardly think so. Leonard made it very clear he doesn't want a party. Did someone say... "party"?
我很难同意。兰纳德说的很清楚他不要派对。刚才有人说派对?
He just doesn't know he wants one 'cause he's never had one.
他并不知道自己想要,因为他从没有过生日派对。
I suppose that's possible, but for the record, I've never had a threesome and yet I still know I want one.
我想这很有可能,申明一下我从没玩过3P,但我知道我想要。
Howard, here is the difference. The possibility exists that Leonard could have a birthday party before hell freezes over.
霍华德,这两者的区别是在地狱冰封之前,兰纳德过生日派对还是有可能的。
Fine. If I do have a threesome, you can't be part of it. I'm just kidding. Yes, you can. Can you bring a friend?
好吧,如果我真的玩3P你不能参加。我开玩笑的,你当然能参加了。能再带个朋友吗?
I think a birthday party is a terrible idea. I envy Leonard for growing up without that anguish.
我觉得生日派对是个糟糕的想法,我很羡慕兰纳德成长过程中没有这种痛苦。
Anguish? Year after year, I had to endure wearing comical hats while being forced into the crowded, sweaty hell of bouncy castles.
痛苦?年复一年我必须强忍戴上滑稽的帽子被迫挤在人群中弄得满身大汗,
Not to mention being blindfolded and being spun toward a grotesque tailless donkey as the other children mocked my disorientation.
更别提要被蒙上眼睛转着走向那头硕大的无尾驴,走错了方向更要被其他孩子嘲笑。
Okay, sweetie, I understand you have scars that no nonprofessional can heal,
好吧,亲爱的,我知道你心里的伤一般人治不了,
but, nevertheless, we're going to throw Leonard a birthday party.
但我们仍旧要给兰纳德办个生日派对。
Have I pointed out that I'm extremely uncomfortable with dancing, loud music and most other forms of alcohol-induced frivolity?
我说过吗? 我极度地不喜欢跳舞,吵闹的音乐以及大多数人在酒后的轻佻行为。
Nevertheless, we're... In addition, I really don't think that Leonard wants... okay, here's the deal: You either you help me throw Leonard a birthday party
虽然如此我们……而且我觉得兰纳德才不会希望……好吧,这样如何,你要么帮我给兰纳德办一个生日派对,否则,
or, so help me god, I will go in your droom and unbag all of your most valuable, mint-condition comic books.
我会到你的卧室里把你最珍贵的全新漫画书都倒出来,
And on one of them--you won't know which--I'll draw a tiny happy face in ink.
在其中你不知道的一本上用墨水在上面画个迷你笑脸。
You can't do that. If you make a mark in a mint comic book, it's no longer mint.
你不能那么干,你在新书上做记号就不再是新书了。
Sheldon, do you understand the concept of blackmail?
谢尔顿,你脑里有勒索这个概念吗?
Well, of course, I... oh. Yeah, I have an idea. Let's throw Leonard a kick-ass birthday party.
当然,我……噢。对我有个想法,我们给兰纳德办个超赞的生日派对。
That's not the secret knock. This is the secret knock.
暗号不对。这是正确的暗号。
What difference does it make?
有什么不同的效果呢?
The whole point of a secret knock is to establish a non-verbal signal to verify the identity of one's co-conspirators.
暗号的精髓在于建立一种非言语的暗号用于查证同谋们的身份。
Is that Raj and howard? Possibly, but unverified.
是Raj和霍华德?有可能,还没查证。
Will you just let us in.
还打算让我们进去吗?
Luckily for you, this is not a nuclear reactor.
你们很幸运,我们不是在核反应堆。
So what'd you get the birthday boy?
你们给寿星准备了什么呢?
Well, Raj got him an awesome, limited edition dark knight sculpture based on alex ross's definitive batman.
Raj给他准备的是非常之棒的限量版黑暗骑士人偶,出自阿历克斯·罗斯授权的蝙蝠侠。
And I got him this amazing autographed copy of the feynman lectures on physics.
我给他准备的是让人惊喜的费曼亲笔签名的物理学演讲的拷贝。
Nice. I got him a sweater.
不错嘛。我准备的是一件毛衣。
Okay, well, he might like that. I've seen him get chilly.
他可能会喜欢的,我见他有些怕冷 。
Sheldon, I didn't see your present. That's because I didn't bring one.
谢尔顿,我还没有看到你的礼物呢。因为我根本没准备。
Why not? Don't ask.
为什么? 别问。
The entire institution of gift-giving makes no sense. Too late.
整个俗世的礼尚往来完全没有意义。又晚了一步。
Let's say I go out and I spend $50 on you.
如果说我出门然后为你花上50美元,
It's a laborious activity because I have to imagine what you need, whereas you know what you need.
这活动很费劲,因为我得想着你需要什么呢?实际上你自己最清楚你需要什么。
Now, I could simplify things--just give you the $50 directly, and then you could give me $50 on my birthday,
那么我何不将事情简单化直接给你50美元不就行了。今后我的生日你也可以送我50美元嘛。
and so on, until one of us dies, leaving the other one old and $50 richer.
如此礼尚往来,直到有个人离开人世,丢下另外一个多50美元钱的老人。
And I ask you, is it worth it? Told you not to ask.
请问这样做有意义吗?说了不要问的嘛。
Well, Sheldon, you're his friend. Friends give each other presents.
谢尔顿,你可是他的朋友呀,朋友们就该是互赠礼物的呀。
I accept your premise; I reject your conclusion.
我同意你的前提,但不认同你的结论。
Try telling him it's a non-optional social convention.
试试让他明白这是不可选择的社交惯例。
What? Just do it.
什么? 照做就是了
It's a non-optional... social convention.
这是不可选择的……社交惯例。
Fair enough. He came with a manual.
说的有道理。他是按使用手册行事的。
Question--how am I going to get Leonard a present before the party?
提问,我怎样才能在派对前给兰纳德准备礼物呢?
I don't drive and the only things available within walking distance are a thai restaurant and a gas station.
我开不来车,那么步行范围内唯一可行的就是泰国菜餐馆和加油站,
I suppose I could wrap up an order of mee krob and a couple of lottery scratchers.
我想也许我可以带一份脆炸米粉外加一些即刮彩券。
Okay let's do this--I will drive Sheldon to get a present.
我们这么安排——我载谢尔顿去买礼物,
And Howard, you need to get rid of Leonard for about two hours.
霍华德你得拖住兰纳德大概两个钟头时间,
No problem. And then, Raj, you bring the stuff across the hall and start setting up.
没问题。然后Raj把这些东西拿到走廊装饰好。
What if guests show up? Entertain them. What if they're women?
要是客人们来了呢?好好招待。如果是女客人呢?
Stare at them and make them feel uncomfortable.
瞪着她们弄得她们不自在。
Hey! Hey! How is it going? Fine.
嘿!嘿!玩得如何?很好。
So, listen, the New Art is showing the revised definitive cut of Blade Runner. Seen it.
我听说新艺剧院正在上映银翼杀手最终剪辑版。看过了。
No, you've seen the 25th anniversary final cut.
不,你看的那是25周年纪念的最终剪辑版本。
This one has eight seconds of previously unseen footage. They say it completely changes the tone of the film. Pass.
这一次有长达八秒的未公映片段,他们说这八秒完全改变了电影的基调。算了吧。
Come on. Afterwards, there's a q & a with Harrison Ford's body double.
不是吧,片尾还有哈里森·福特替身的访谈问答。
Look, I'm in the halo bale of my life here.
看,我正在到了光晕游戏的要紧关头,
There's this kid in Copenhagen--he has no immune system, so all he does is sit in his bubble and play halo 24-seven.
你这个哥本哈根的孩子——没有免疫功能,所以他只好整天坐在防菌隔膜里玩光晕游戏。
Can't you play him some other time? Not if you believe his doctors.
你就不能改天和他玩吗?除非你不相信他的医生的话。
Oh, my god, do you smell gas? No. Yeah, no.
天啦,你闻到煤气味了吗?没。的确没有。
You know, they have DVDs over there.
DVD播放机在那边的。
Yes, but they have DVD burners over here. Leonard needs a DVD burner.
对,但DVD刻录机在这边的。兰纳德需要DVD刻录机的。
Sheldon, a gift shouldn't be something someone needs, it should be something fun.
谢尔顿礼物不是满足别人需要的,而是充满快乐的东西。
You know, something they wouldn't buy for themself. You mean like a sweater?
你知道是那些他们不会买给自己的东西。比如说毛衣?
It's a fun sweater. It's got a bold geometric print. Is it the geometry that makes it fun? Okay...
是件充满乐趣的毛衣,上面印有狂野的几何图形。几何图形让它具有了乐趣?好吧,
The point is one of the ways we show we care about people is by putting thought and imagination into the gifts we give them.
最重要的是能让人们体会到我们的关心,通过礼物传达我们对他们的美好愿望。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
limited ['limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有限的,被限制的
动词limit的过

 
promising ['prɔmisiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 有希望的,有前途的

 
frivolity [fri'vɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 轻浮

 
typical ['tipikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的

 
laser ['leizə]

想一想再看

n. 激光,镭射

 
concise [kən'sais]

想一想再看

adj. 简明的,简要的

联想记忆
lottery ['lɔtəri]

想一想再看

n. 彩票

联想记忆
tone [təun]

想一想再看

n. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调
vt. 使

 
celebrate ['selibreit]

想一想再看

v. 庆祝,庆贺,颂扬

联想记忆
effective [i'fektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有效的,有影响的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。