手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 生活大爆炸 > 生活大爆炸第四季 > 正文

生活大爆炸 第四季:第15集:筹集研究费用的方式(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Alisa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

I must confess I don't understand you, President Siebert. First you say you want me to appear at your fund-raisers, but now you say you never want me to go anywhere near your fund-raisers.

我必须承认 我不懂你什么意思 希伯特校长 你一开始说你想要我出席你的筹款会 现在你又说你再也不想让我接近你的筹款会
Forgive me, but that sounds like a mixed message.
不好意思 但您这意思有点混乱呀
Here we go again. If there's simply no talking to me, why did you call?
又来了 如果你懒得跟我讲话的话 那干吗还打电话给我
I'm sorry, someone's on the other line. Why don't you see if you can organize your thoughts, and we'll try again later.
对不起 另一条线上有电话进来了 你何不组织一下你的语言 我们晚点再聊
Cooper-Hofstadter residence. Go for Cooper.
库珀和霍夫斯塔德家 简称库珀家
Good morning, Mrs. Latham.
早上好 莱森太太
Well, yes, of course I remember you. A woman well past her prime seeking to augment her social status by doling out her late husband's ill-gotten gains. So, how much money are you going to give me? I'm not crazy—my mother had me tested.Well, if you're not going to give me money, then why are you calling? She wants to talk to you. Who's crazy now?
当然 我当然记得你 一个通过把死去丈夫得来的不义之财都捐赠出去以提高自己的社会地位的女人 那你准备给我多少钱 我不疯 我妈带我检查过的 如果你不准备给我钱 那你打电话来干嘛 她要跟你讲话 到底谁才是疯子
Hello, Mrs. Latham. Yes, I live with him. I don't...I-I really don't know why. Tonight? Sure, that'd be great. Okay, I'll see you then. Bye. She wants to have dinner and talk about my research.
你好 莱森太太 是的 我跟他住在一起 我不 我也不知道为什么 今晚吗 好的 没问题 好的 到时见 再见 她想跟我共进晚餐 谈谈我的研究
An entire dinner to talk about your research?
就你那点研究还用得着整个晚餐的时间来讨论吗
Where you going, the drive-thru at Jack in the Box?
你们去哪吃 免下车的魔术盒快餐(美国快餐店)吗
Well, wherever we're going, she's sending a car to pick me up.
不管去哪都好 她会派车来接我
Okay, I see what's happening.
好吧 我明白了
What?
明白什么了
My stature intimidates her, so she's using you to get to me. Crafty old gal.
我的境界吓到她了 所以她就利用你来接近我 狡猾的老师太
Excuse me, but you are not the only distinguished scientist in this apartment. I've been published in peer-reviewed journals, I received a Dissertation of the Year award for experimental particle physics.
不好意思 但你并不是这间公寓里唯一一名出色的科学家 我在同行评审刊物里发表过论文 我在实验粒子物理学方面获得过年度专题论文奖
No, that can't be it. And since you seem to have forgotten, the reason we live together is we're best friends. And I got your back, Jack.
不 不可能 还有你似乎忘 咱俩住在一起是因为咱俩是死党 我会挺你的 杰克
That was a great meal.
晚餐棒极了
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
很高兴你喜欢
The only time I eat this well is when my mom's in town and she takes me out to dinner.
我唯一一次吃得这么好 就是我妈来看我 然后带我出去吃饭那次
Is that so?
是吗 你
You kind of remind me of her. She enjoys making people uncomfortable, too.
跟她有点像 她也喜欢把人弄得不自在
Well, you remind me of a boy I dated in college.
你让我想起我在大学时期的男朋友
No kidding.
不会吧
Sweet boy. Very smart. If only he'd had money.
很可爱的男孩 非常聪明 要是他有钱就好了
So, hey, speaking of money, how are you feeling about helping the physics department get a cryogenic centrifugal pump and molecular sieve?
说到钱 你想不想帮物理系添置一个低温离心泵和一个分子筛
Well, I must say, you make a very persuasive case for it.
我只能说 你很有说服力
Oh, good, good.
太好了 太好了
And I'm seriously considering taking it to the next level.
而我真的在考虑要进一步发展
Terrific. Great. What level is that?
太棒了 这太好了 怎么个进一步发展法
Okay, now you don't remind me of my mom.
现在你不像我妈了
I'm sorry, so, eventually, zombies are going to attack the rehab facility where Sandra Bullock is?
对不起 也就是说 最终僵尸会袭击桑德拉·布洛克(美国女演员)所在的戒酒中心吗
Yes, Sheldon. Keep watching.
没错 谢尔顿 继续看吧
You know, it's a shame, all that work she's doing to get sober, only to be torn apart and eaten alive.
这太可惜了 她那么费劲地要戒酒 结果就为了被生吞活剥
Hey. How was dinner?
晚餐怎么样
Swell. I need a drink. Do we have any alcohol?
一级棒 我得喝上一杯 我们还有酒吗
No. But we have potatoes—I could make you vodka. It’ll take two weeks.
没有 但是我们有土豆 我可以给你做伏特加 不过要两周才能做好
Leonard, are you okay?
莱纳德 你没事吧
Um, I'm not sure.
我不确定
What's going on?
怎么了
Well, Mrs. Latham said she was seriously considering donating money so we could get a cryogenic centrifugal pump...
莱森说她在考虑要给我们捐钱 好让我们买一个低温离心泵
Yes!
太棒了
...then she stuck her tongue down my throat. Why?
然后她就把舌头伸进我嘴里了 为什么
Okay, we can't keep explaining everything. Read that book we got you.
我们不能总是每件事都解释给你听 自己去看看我们买给你的那本书
She hit on me.
她喜欢我
Wait-wait-wait. Are you telling us that old lady wanted to have sex with you in exchange for giving your department millions of dollars?
等一下 等一下 等一下 你是说那个老师太想要跟你上床作为给你的院系捐赠上百万美金的条件吗
I think so.
好像是
You lucky duck.
你个幸运的小鸭子
You're really a broken toy, aren't you?
你还真是够扭曲的啊
I was able to get out of there before anything else happened, but she wants to see me again tomorrow night.
我赶在她有下一步行动之前就逃回来了 可她明晚还想见我
Excellent! What are you planning to wear?
太棒了 你准备穿什么
What?
什么
Penny, you're an expert on trading sexual favors for material gain—walk him through this.
佩妮 你在用肉体来交换物质这反面是专家教教他
Well, n-no, hold on a second, I'm not going to sleep with her.
不不 等一下 我才不要跟她上床呢
But we need a cryogenic centrifugal pump.
但是我们需要低温离心泵
Well, forget it! It's not gonna happen.
想也别想 我才不会这么做呢
Well, come now, Leonard, this may be your only chance to make a real contribution to science!
拜托 莱纳德 这可能是你为科学做贡献的唯一机会了
I repeat, not gonna happen.
我重申一遍 不可能
What was all that about me trading sexual favors for material gain?
你刚才说我出卖肉体来交换物质是什么意思
It was a compliment. I believe in giving credit where credit is due.
这是赞美 我觉得值得赞美的时候就该赞美
Okay, fine. I'll tell him. Leonard, Mrs. Latham's car is here for you.
好的 我会转告他 莱纳德 莱森太太的车在楼下等你
I won't be too late; I'm just gonna make a final pitch for the funding and then say good night.
我一会儿就回来 我就下去为经费做最后一次努力 再跟她道声晚安
Hold on, I have something for you.
等等 我有东西要给你
What's this?
这是什么
Just a few things you may need tonight. Baby oil, condoms and, uh...A little something I procured from the school of pharmacology. They say it is to Viagra as Viagra is to a green M&M.
你今晚可能会用到的东西 BB油 保险套 还有 我在医药学院搞来的小药丸 他们说这是伟哥中的战斗哥
I am not going to have sex with her.
我不会跟她上床的
Maybe this will overcome your reluctance. I went on the Internet and found a photograph of a 25-year-old Mrs. Latham to get your libido humming.
或许这个能帮助你克服你的不情愿 为了激发你的性欲 我上网找了一张莱森太太25岁时的照片
Check out those saddle shoes.
看她穿着马鞍鞋呢 嗷~
Are you insane? I'm not going to prostitute myself just so we can get some new equipment.
你脑子进水啦 我才不会为了几台新设备就出卖自己的肉体呢
Oh, come on! Why not?
拜托 何乐而不为呢
Good night, sheldon.
晚安 谢尔顿
Given how much time you spend engaging in pointless self-abuse, you might consider, just this once, using your genitalia to actually accomplish something!
鉴于你用于毫无意义的自慰所花费的大量时间 不妨考虑一下 就这一次 让自己的生殖器达到真正合体的高潮
He still won't shag the old lady, huh?
他还是不愿意献身给那个老女人 对吧
No. But thank you for asking.
对 多谢关心
Hey. Hi. Hello, Leonard. I hope you're hungry.
你好 你好 莱纳德 希望你饿了
I'm very hungry. For food, right?
我饿得不行不行的 仅限于对食物
Oh, I made you uncomfortable last night. I'm so sorry.
是吧 昨晚我让你不安了吧 真是抱歉
No, that's okay.
没关系
No, it most certainly is not. Leonard, I'm making the donation to your department regardless of what happens between us.
不 你肯定在说违心话 莱纳德 不管咱们之间发生了什么 我都会给你的实验室捐款
Really? Well, of course. There's no quid pro quo here. You and your colleagues are doing remarkable research, and you deserve the money.
真的吗 当然 现在又不是等价交换 你和你的同事们从事的研究十分杰出 这笔钱是你们应得的
Oh. Then what was last night about?
好吧 那昨晚算怎么回事
I took a shot; sue me. Oh.
我试了一把 告我啊 好吧
You're a very handsome man, Leonard.
莱纳德 你长得真帅
Thank you.
谢谢
It was foolish of me to think someone your age might ever be interested in someone like me.
我真傻 以为像你这样血气方刚的年轻人会对我这样熟透的大龄熟女感兴趣
Oh, don't say that. You're a very attractive woman.
别这么说 你是一个很魅力的女人
Oh, please.
拜托
No, it's true.
我是说真的
Well, aren't you sweet. Just for the record... you'd remember a night with me for the rest of your life.
你小嘴真甜 我得重申一遍 与妾共度一夜 君将余生齿颊留香
I'm sure I would. But why-why, exactly?
那是当然 不过为什么这么说
You're a very smart man. How do you think I landed such a rich husband?
你是个聪明人 你认为我得有多大的本事才能傍上一个这么有钱的丈夫
I hadn't really given it much thought.
我还真没想过这个问题
Well, think about it.
那好好想想吧
Do you mean...?
难不成你是指
Yep. I'm that good.
正确 老娘就是有本事让男人爽
Oh, what the hell.
牡丹花下死 做鬼也风流
Good morning, slut. What?
早安 荡夫 说啥呢
Oh, please, I recognize the walk of shame when I see it.
拜托 我一眼就看出来了 你的步伐充满羞愧
All you're missing is a little smeared mascara and a purse with panties wadded up in it.
你缺少的只是花掉的睫毛膏和卷成一团塞在坤包里的小裤裤
What's going on?
发生什么事了
Oh, nothing's going on.Excuse me.
没事 借光
Are you just getting home?
你才回来
Yeah.
That's a good sign, right?
这是个好兆头 对吧
Oh, yeah. I'm so proud of you! You sold yourself out like a common streetwalker!
的确 我为你而自豪 你就像普通站街女一样出卖了自己的肉体
No, I didn't do it for the money.
不 我不是为了钱而做
She stiffed you?
她爽完就跑了
I believe that's what your roommate did to her.
我认为应该是你的室友这么对人家吧
What?! Again, read the book we gave you.
搞毛啊 再说一遍 多读读我们给你那本书
No, I mean, I-I got the money first.
不是这样的 我是说她一开始就把钱给我了
Smart. Get paid up front.
聪明 先收钱后办事
Yeah, I think you have a real knack for gigolo work, Leonard.
我发现你有当小白脸的潜质呀 莱纳德
I'm gonna go lie down.
我要进去歇着
That's a good idea; get your rest. There are a lot more rich old ladies out there, and Daddy needs a new linear accelerator.
这个主意不错 养精蓄锐 外面有大把有钱又饥渴的老女人 而哥正好需要一台新的直线加速器
And I thought he didn't learn anything from his relationship with you.
亏我当时还觉得他没有从你们的恋爱中学到任何东西
Hey! Another compliment! Learn to recognize them.
说啥呢 这是赞美 你得学着去识别
Ah, there he is! The man of the hour! He took one for the team!
他来了 当前最令人瞩目的人 他牺牲小我 完成大我
I didn't do it for the money!
我真不是为了钱
Keep telling yourself that-- it makes it easier.
这样自我安慰也不错 至少能让你好过点
Trust me, I know.
相信我 我深有体会
Cool, buddy! That's awesome! Yeah!
厉害啊 伙计 你真了不起 就是
How was she?
老师太 给力不

重点单词   查看全部解释    
persuasive [pə'sweisiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有说服力的,令人信服的

 
donation [dəu'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 捐赠物,捐款,捐赠

 
alcohol ['ælkəhɔl]

想一想再看

n. 酒精,乙醇,酒

 
pump [pʌmp]

想一想再看

n. 泵,抽水机,打气筒,抽水,打气
v. 打

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
sue [su:]

想一想再看

vt. 控告,起诉
vi. 请求,追求,起诉

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
status ['steitəs]

想一想再看

n. 地位,身份,情形,状况

联想记忆
reluctance [ri'lʌktəns]

想一想再看

n. 不愿,勉强,厌恶

 
engaging [in'geidʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 动人的,迷人的,有魅力的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。