1、hang on
等一会儿;稍等
Can you hang on for a minute?
你能不能稍等一会儿?
Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.
稍等,我跟你一起去。
(面对困难或阻力)坚持不懈,不泄气
Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.
假如没有我父母的支持,我可能已经彻底垮掉了。但我还是坚持了下来。
Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.
曼联队坚持到了最后,夺得了足总杯的冠军。
保住;守住
The British driver was unable to hang on to his lead.
英国车手没能保住自己的领先地位。
The President has been trying hard to hang onto power.
总统一直在设法抓住权力不放。
2、get back
恢复(原来的状态)
Then life started to get back to normal.
随后生活又恢复了正常。
I couldn't get back to sleep.
我再也睡不着了。
对…进行报复
The divorce process should not be used as a means to get back at your former partner.
不应该在办理离婚手续上报复以前的伴侣。
I'm going to get you back so badly you'll never to be able to show your face again.
我要狠狠地还以颜色,让你从此无脸见人。
回到,重提(原来的话题)
It wasn't until we had sat down to eat that we got back to the subject of Tom Halliday.
我们直到坐下来吃饭时才又提起汤姆·哈利迪这个话题。