Monica: Hi. We're buying the house next door, and we were wondering if we could just take a look around.
嗨。我们有意买下旁边的那座房子。允许我们参观一下这里吗?
Lady: Oh, sure. I'm showing it to someone else right now, but please, look around.
当然可以。我刚好带人来参观,你们进来吧。
Monica: Thanks.
谢谢。
Chandler: It feels like we're cheating on our house. And if we're gonna cheat, shouldn't it be with like a hot, younger house, that does stuff that our house won't do?
我感到这是对我们房子的不忠。你会为了另一座年轻漂亮的房子而对老房子不忠吗?
Monica: Ours is so much better! This living room is smaller, the dining room looks like a cave! Uh, what a hole!
我们的比这里更棒。客厅更小。餐厅像个洞穴!真受不了!
Lady: So? What'd you think?
你们觉得怎么样?
Monica: Love it!
喜欢!
Lady: Well, we already have one offer on it, and I think the lady upstairs is going to make another one.
我们本来有一位买家,楼上的女士是另一位。
Monica: They could be our neighbors, what-what're they like?
是我们的邻居耶,他们是什么样的?
Lady: Oh, the woman upstairs is very nice. She and her husband have two kids, uh, he's on Wall Street and she's on...
楼上这位女士很好,她和丈夫有2个小孩。丈夫在华尔街工作,她是…
Janice: Oh my God!
喔…我的…上帝啊!
Chandler: Sure.
没错。
Phoebe: Hey Joey, you wanna come with me to...are you ok?
乔伊,你想和我去…?你怎么啦?
Joey: Yeah, I just...I just feel bad about firing Estelle. This's gotta be killing her.
我为解雇艾斯黛的事难过。她肯定伤心死了。
Phoebe: No, that wouldn't kill her. Coronary embolism might.
她不会因此死的。除非她有血栓塞。
Joey: I don't know. She's got to be taking it hard, I was like her only client. Except for this guy who eats paper. And I'm guessing he eats more money than he makes. Look, I know she's not a great agent, but she did stick with me for ten years. I'm gonna call her and hire her again.
她肯定很难过。我是她唯一的客户,那个会吃纸的家伙除外。我猜他吃的钱比挣得多。我明白她不是优秀的经纪人,但我们合作10年了。我要给她打电话,重新雇佣她。
Phoebe: No, no, no! You don't, don't call her! You wait for her to call you.
不…不…不要给她打电话,你等她给你打电话。
Joey: Why?
为什么?
Phoebe: Because patience is the road to understanding which...is the key, to a happy heart.
耐心是通向理解的大道...那是得到快乐的关键。
Joey: You blow me away.
你真让人吃惊,我服了。
Phoebe: All right, so promise you're gonna wait for her to call you?
答应我,你等她给你打电话。
Joey: I promise.
我答应你。
Phoebe: Okay.
好的。
Joey: And that means, never having to give a reason.
这意味着,从不需要有原因。
Janice: What a small world!
这世界真小呀!
Chandler: And yet I never run into Beyonce!
我还没碰到过碧昂丝(流行天后)!
Realtor: You two know each other?
你们认识?
Janice: Oh, we go way back. Before Monica made an honest man out of him, Chandler used to be my little love muffin!
噢,我们认识很久了。在莫妮卡认识他之前钱德是我的小甜饼!
Chandler: Don't judge me.
别审我。
Monica: Why not? I do.
为什么不?我要。
Janice: So? Are you guys thinking of getting this house too? Ooh! Are we gonna have a bidding war? I'd better warn you, I'm a toughie.
这么说,你们也要想买下一座房子?如果是要投标竞价的话,我可要警告你了,我可是流氓。
Chandler: Don't, don't! Don't, don't do that.
不,不,不!不要。
Monica: No, actually, we're buying the house next door.
其实我打算买下隔壁那座房子。
Chandler: What? Why? !
为...为什么?
Monica: I don't know why.
我不知道为什么。
Janice: Ooh, that decides it then. I was on the fence. But knowing that you two would be our neighbors? Ah! now we have to get it! Ellen, we're gonna talk numbers.
那就这么定了。本来我还在犹豫。没想到我们会成为邻居。那我就买下来了!艾伦,我们去定下价钱。
Chandler: This can not be happening!
怎么会搞成这样!
Monica: Ok, the realtor said another couple made an offer. Maybe the Janice's won't get it! Maybe the other couple will.
经纪人不是说还有另外一对夫妇有意购买吗?珍妮丝可能就买不成了!另外的夫妇可能会买下。
Chandler: The only way that that is going to happen, is if the other couple are the Hitlers.
这绝不可能发生,除非那是希特勒夫妇才能抢过她。
Monica: Ok, Ok, All right. What if we got both houses? Huh? We can turn this house into a guest house.
我们两座房子都买下来,怎么样?将这里作为家庭旅馆。
Chandler: That is a great idea! And by the way, I don't mean to sound distasteful, but when did you start crapping money? !
真是好主意。不过我不想扫兴,但是你从什么时候开始爱乱花钱了。
Monica: Ok, you come up with an idea.
好呀。那你来想办法。
Chandler: Alright alright alright, we still have three hours till escrow closes on our house. We can still get out.
好啊还有3个小时才签约,我们现在取消还来得及。
Monica: But we love our house.
我们喜欢这座房子。
Chandler: Will we love it so much with her next door? And she's gonna be louder out here too. Just the, just the crickets and "Oh My God"!
你也同样喜欢住在她隔壁吗?她还会在这大声嚷嚷,讨厌的“喔…我的…上帝呀…”
Monica: Ok, but if we don't get this house, she's still gonna show up wherever we go! I mean, at least if she's here, it eliminates the element of surprise. I mean, never again will you have to hear the three words that make your balls jump back up inside your body.
即使我们不买这座房子,她还是会在我们面前出现!她住在这,起码不会突然吓我们一跳。你不会再听到那3个字连你的蛋蛋都被吓得缩进去。
Chandler: Well, we have to do something. We can't have her living next door. Oh, that does it too.
我们得想想办法,不能就让她住在隔壁。嗯,确实会。
Mr.Zelner: Who is it?
谁?
Ross: It's me. Ron. Look, I um, I know Rachel turned you down but I think there is a way you might be able to get her to come back.
是我,罗。我知道瑞秋拒绝你了,不过我有一个法子能让她回来。
Mr.Zelner: This may surprise you, but re-hiring fired employees, is not my main job.
请你别见怪,重新聘用已经解雇的员工,不是我主要的工作。
Ross: Just hear me out. How would you feel, about offering her a raise?
先听我说。给她提高薪酬,你认为怎么样?
Mr.Zelner: Not good, Ron.
不好,罗。
Ross: Perhaps I can persuade you. What if you can give your son this genuine pterodactyl egg replica.
可能我会说服你。你希望送给你儿子这么一只恐龙蛋吗?
Mr.Zelner: Wow, that's uh, that's pretty cool.
哇,这很不错呀。
Ross: Huh? So? We have a deal?
这么说?我们成交了?
Mr.Zelner: Ok, you got it.
好的,你成功了。
Ross: Yes! yes!
太好了!
Mr.Zelner: This is gonna make me very popular.
这会让我很受欢迎。
Ross: Oh, Believe me, the ladies, they love it!
喔,相信我,女士们都喜欢。
Mr.Zelner: I meant with my son.
我指的是我儿子。
Ross: Good, 'cause the ladies, not so much.
对。女士对它不感兴趣。
Answering machine: Joey, this is Al Zebooker, the guy who eats paper. I'm sure you've heard that Estelle passed away. I wanted to let you know there's a memorial for her at the Westside chapel, tomorrow at ten. Hope you can make it.
乔伊,我是艾尔,那个吃纸的人。相信你听说了艾斯黛过世的消息。我通知你参加追悼会在韦斯特赛德教堂,明天10点。希望你能来。
Joey: Oh my God.
天呀。
Joey: Hello?
你好?
Phoebe: Joey, it's Estelle.
乔伊,我是艾斯黛。
Joey: Estelle?
艾斯黛?
Phoebe: Yeah, I wanted to call and tell you that there's no hard feelings for firing me.
我打电话是要告诉你,我没有因为你解雇我而感到伤心。
Joey: Okay. I just, I can't believe you're calling me.
好的。真难以置信你会打电话给我。
Phoebe: Well, I didn't think I should just drop by. Joey: No, no, no! Don't drop by, don't drop by! No, no, no, no.
我觉得我不应该冒然造访。 不,不要来访。
Phoebe: Anyway, you did what you had to do. I'm ok.
总之,你继续做你的事。我很好。
Joey: Can I ask you something? Uhm, what's it like there?
能问你个问题吗?你那边怎么样?
Phoebe: It's alright. Look kiddo, I gotta go. Good luck with the career. You're gonna be huge.
还凑合。我要挂了。祝你好运。你会飞黄腾达的。
Joey: Thanks for everything Estelle. Bye. "out of area". Boy, I'll say.
谢谢你艾斯黛。再见。不在服务区?!我说呢。
Janice: Well...I just talked to Sid, we are definitely putting in an offer on the house and I'll bet we get it.
我们讨论过了。我们要买下这座房子一定会成功的。
Chandler: The Hitlers will be so disappointed.
希特勒夫妇肯定会很失望。
Janice: All right, I...I gotta run. Tell Monica I say goodbye. And...I'll see you later, neighbor.
我要先走了。帮我跟莫妮卡说再见。我们回头见,邻居。
Chandler: Wait! I just want you to know that...I'm so happy you're going to be here.
等等!我想告诉你。你住在这里我很开心。
Janice: Oh, me too!
噢,我也是。
Chandler: Because...that way...we can pick up where we left off.
因为这样…我们就能再续前缘。
Janice: Huh?
啊?
Chandler: I never stopped loving you.
我一直都爱着你。
Janice: Oh...my...
喔…我的…
Chandler: Yeah, yeah, yeah! I want you...I need you...I must have you Janice Litman Goralnik Neihosenstein.
对对。我想你...我要你...珍妮丝·利特曼·高软尼克·尼·豪森斯特。
Janice: Chandler, what're you talking about?
钱德,你在说什么啊?
Chandler: Now that you live next door, we can be together every day. Sid and Monica never have to know a thing.
你现在住在隔壁,我们会每天在一起。西德和莫妮卡根本不会察觉。
Janice: I don't know what to say. I mean, you know, obviously, we have this...heat between us.
我不知道该说什么。很显然,我们之间还有热情。
Chandler: Obviously.
很显然。
Janice: But I love my husband. And I know you love your wife. Now, I...I don't think we should get this house now.
但我爱我的丈夫。我也知道你爱你的妻子。我现在认为我不应该买这座房子。
Chandler: Don't say that. Don't tangle the dream and take it away.
别这么说,别打破我们的美梦。
Janice: Chandler, one of us has got to be strong.
钱德 我们其中必须有一个人立场要坚定。
Chandler: I understand.
我知道。
Janice: Although, maybe just, one last moment of weakness.
尽管,最后就软弱一次吧。
Janice: Goodbye, Chandler Bing.
再见了,钱德宾。
Chandler: They're never coming down now.
我的蛋蛋不会再缩回去了。
Rachel: Hi!
嘿。
Ross: Hi!
嘿。
Rachel: You are never going to believe what happened to me today.
嘿,你肯定不会相信今天的事。
Ross: What?
是什么?
Rachel: Ralph Lauren called again and they offered me more money.
罗夫罗兰公司又打电话来了,而且他们给我更高的报酬。
Ross: They did?
真的吗?
Rachel: Yes. It was the weirdest thing. Zelner called me and he said we'll do everything we can to get you back. And that I should thank some Ron. I don't even know what department that guy is in.
是的。真的太古怪了。则纳说愿意以任何代价请我回去。还说我应该为此感谢罗。可我连他是谁都不知道。
Ross: So, what're, what're you gonna do?
那么,你决定要怎么做?
Rachel: Well, I took it.
我接受了。
Ross: That's great! So you're staying in New York!
这太好了!你会留在纽约!
Ross: You're...you're excited, right?
你高兴吗?
Rachel: Yeah. Yeah! You know, the money's great. It's certainly the easier choice.
是的。报酬很优厚,是理所当然的选择。
Ross: Right!
对呀。
Rachel: But, you know, was I looking forward to going to Paris. Sure. You know, was I excited about working in the fashion capital of the world. Ooh, absolutely. Ohh! Yeah, but you know, this is...it's fine. I'm fine going back to a job where I've pretty much gotten everything out of that I possibly can...
我本来是盼望着去巴黎的,为能在世界时装之都工作而感到兴奋。哦,太棒了。不过这样也不错。重新回到原来的工作我觉得还不错。尽管我已经忘掉它了...
Ross: I hadn't know you, I had no idea you were, you were so excited about Paris. Uhm, I mean, you-you said you were scared.
我不知道,我不知道你为巴黎如此着迷。你说过你感到害怕。
Rachel: Well yeah, but I mean, it was good scared though, you know? I mean, I...Like when I moved to New York scared. Or uh, when I found out I was gonna have Emma scared...But this is...fine. This is gonna be good.
我想这是良性的害怕。当我搬来纽约时,我感到害怕。当我发现怀上艾玛时,我感到害怕。这很不错啦,能行的。
Ross: You should go.
你应该去。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Ross: It's what you want. You should go.
那是你希望做的,去吧。
Rachel: You really think so?
你真的这么认为吗?
Ross: I really do.
真的。
Rachel: But I already told Zelner that I would come back.
可是我已经答应了回去。
Ross: I'm sure he'll understand.
我相信他会理解的。
Rachel: All right. All right! I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go to Paris.
好的。我就这么定了。我要去巴黎。
Ross: Yeah.
好啊。
Rachel: Yeah! I'm going to Paris. Thank you, Ross!
好啊!我要去巴黎。谢谢你,罗斯。
Ross: Yeah, yeah, oh!
是啊。
Rachel: Oh! Oh, I'm so happy.
我太高兴了。
Ross: Then I'm happy too.
我也高兴。
Joey: Thank you all for coming. We're here today to pay respects to a wonderful agent and a beautiful woman...inside. As Estelle's only two clients we would like to say a few words. Dude, where's my speech? That is entertaining. Al Zebooker everybody.
谢谢你们的到来。我们相聚在此怀念一位优秀的经纪人,一位美丽的女性…内在美。作为艾斯黛仅有的两位客户,我们有话要说。我的讲稿上哪去了?这么做很有趣。各位,这是阿尔则布克。