手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第九季 > 正文

老友记 第9季:第16集 借钱风波(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Rachel: She's crawling! Emma's crawling!

她在爬!艾玛在爬了!
Joey: He's bleeding! Joey's bleeding!
他在流血!乔伊在流血了!
Rachel: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Honey, you've gotta come see this. I'm gonna go get Monica and Chandler.
对不起,但你一定要来看,我去找莫妮卡跟钱德。
Rachel: Monica! Chandler! Monica! Chandler! Monica! Chandler! Come over! Come over! Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!
莫妮卡!钱德!莫妮卡!钱德!莫妮卡!钱德!过来!过来!快点、快点、快点!
Chandler: What? What?
怎样?什么事?
Joey: Hey, shaving?
刮胡子吗?
Chandler: No, rabies.
不,狂犬病。
Monica: Hey, what's going on?
是怎么回事?
Rachel: It's Emma, she's crawling.
是艾玛,她会爬了。
Chandler: Wow, look at her go.
哇,瞧瞧她。
Rachel: Well, give her a second.
给她一点时间。
Rachel: Joey, Joey.
乔伊,乔伊。
Joey: Oh, hey! Sorry.
哦!对不起。
Chandler: I can't believe how fast she's growing up. I mean, It seems like only yesterday she was ... farting on my lap.
我真不敢相信她长得好快,好像昨天她才……在我腿上放屁。
Monica: Not so funny when someone does it to you, is it?
有人对你那样做的时候并不好笑吧?
Rachel: Oh Emma, come on. Show everybody how you were crawling.
艾玛,来吧,让大家看看你会爬了。
Everyone: Come on, Emma.
艾玛,来吧,爬呀,艾玛。
Rachel: Oh you know what? I think we probably just distracted her. Let's everybody be still for just a minute.
我想我们让她分心了,大家先一分钟不要动。
Phoebe: Who's painting us?
谁在画我们呢?
Chandler: Have you see our bank statement? Can this be right?
你有看过我们的银行对帐单了吗?没错吗?
Monica: I know ... God. I haven't seen my savings take a hit like this since I was a kid and they came up with Double Stuf Oreos.
就是嘛,天啊,从我小时候双层夹心饼上市之后,我的存款就没这么少过。
Monica: What happened to all of our money?
我们的钱跑哪去了呢?
Chandler: Well, I'm not sure exactly what they did.
我不清楚他们做了什么。
Chandler: But I'm inclined to blame Enron.
但是我倾向于责怪安然公司破产案。
Monica: I guess with you doing the internship, we're just spending more than we're bringing in.
因为你在做实习工作,我们花的比赚的还多。
Chandler: Yeah, maybe I should quit and get a job that pays.
是啊,或许我应该辞掉,然后找个有薪水的工作。
Monica: Oh ... But you're finally doing something that you love! I mean, I can't ask you to give that up.
但是你终于找到你喜欢的工作了!我是说,我不能要求你放弃的。
Monica: Although it'd be nice if the thing that you love was ... you know ... finding gold.
不过如果你喜欢做的事是淘金,那会好多了。
Chandler: You know what? You know what? I think we're making too big a deal out of this,
我在想,得我们太小题大作了。
Chandler: OK? So we pay our bills a little late this month. And maybe uh next month we cut back on a few things.
我们这个月会比较紧,下个月我们就节省一些开销。
Chandler: And maybe we start eating out of Joey's refridgerator for a change.
而且或许我们可以改变一下,到乔伊家的冰箱找食物。
Chandler: You're a chef ... what can you make out of baking soda and beer?
你是厨师,你可以用苏打粉跟啤酒做出什么呢?
Monica: All right, worst case scenario is ... we borrow some money from my parents.
最糟糕的情况下,我们只好向我父母借钱。
Monica: Or, you slipped on some ice at their house last month. Can we sue them?
或者,你上个月在他们家溜冰滑倒,我们可以告他们吗?
Chandler: No! And we're not borrowing money.
不可以,而且我们也不借钱。
Monica: Why not?
为什么不行?
Chandler: Because we don't do that. We are Bings!
我们不能那样做,我们是宾家的人!
Monica: And there's one thing my father taught me was ... well to always knock before going into the pool house.
我爸有教过我在进入台球间时一定要先敲门。
Monica: But the other thing is, never borrow money.
还有,永远都不要借钱。
Monica: Wow I had no idea you had this much pride.
我不知道你是如此有自尊心。
Chandler: That's right, I do. I am your man. I'm gonna get us through this situation even if it means you working twice as hard.
没错,我就是,我是你男人,我会让我们度过难关的,就算要你加倍努力工作也是。
Mike: You know, it's just really weird.
你知道吗?真的是很奇怪。
Mike: You don't like eating animals, but you love watching them tear each other apart.
你不喜欢吃动物,却喜欢看他们彼此厮杀。
Phoebe: No, I don't, I don't. Get him. Get him! Separate the sick one from the herd!
不,我不喜欢……抓住他,抓他!把病倒的那个从群体隔开!
Mike: I'm gonna go.
我要回去了。
Phoebe: Why?
为什么?
Mike: I haven't been home in a couple of days and I need to get some more clothes.
我有好几天没有回家了,而且我需要多拿几件衣服。
Phoebe: Oh ...
哦……
Phoebe: You don't have to go ... I have something that will fit you.
你不用回去,我有衣服可以给你穿。
Mike: I put that tube top on as a joke.
我穿女生的紧身衣是为了要好笑。
Phoebe: I want you to stay.
我想要你留下来。
Mike: I want to stay too, but I've got about as much out of these boxers as I can.
我也想要留下来,但是我已经不能再穿这几件内裤了。
Phoebe: Why don't you turn them inside?
为什么不反过来再穿呢?
Mike: Done it.
已经反过了。
Phoebe: I'll be back in a couple of hours.
我几个小时之后就回来,好吧,
Phoebe: I'll miss you.
我会想你的。
Mike: Me too.
我也是。
Phoebe: Oh, fine. Yeah, you got away. Don't look so smug. You're gonna bleed to death.
喔,好啦,你是逃走了。但是不要太沾沾自喜,你会失血过多而死的。
Mike: You know what? I just realized something. I don't wanna go home.
你知道吗?我刚惊觉到一件事,我不想要回家。
Phoebe: Great! Ok ... I'll go get the tube top.
太好了!好的,我去拿紧身衣。
Mike: No, no! What I mean is ... I-I hate going back to my apartment now ...
不,我的意思是……我不喜欢回去自己的公寓……
Mike: And partly because I live above a known crack den but ... you know, mostly because when I'm there ... I ... I just ... I really miss you. So ... Do you wanna move in together?
部分原因是因为,我住的地方不咋样。但是,主要是因为我回去的时候,我回去真的会好想你。所以……我们一起住好不好?
Phoebe: Wow ... Mike Hannigan, you sure know how to make a girl say "Hell yeah!".
哇,麦克·汉尼根。你倒是挺清楚要如何 让女生说“好!”
Mike: So we're doing it?
那我们要这样做吗?
Phoebe: Yeah! Let's do it! Let's live together!
好啊,就这样做,我们一起住!
Phoebe: Wow, we're really gonna move in together!
我们真的要同居吗?
Mike: Yeah!
是啊!
Phoebe: I've always wanted to live with a guy ...
我一直都想要跟男生同居……
Phoebe: "Pick up your socks!""Put down the toilet seat!""No! We're not having sex anymore!"
袜子捡起来,马桶坐垫放下来不,我再也不跟你做爱了!
Phoebe: It's gonna be fun!
一定会很好玩!
Joey: Shame on you, TV Guide. A man's ass is not nudity.
真讨厌《电视指南》男人的屁股不算是裸露!
Monica: Hey Joey!
嘿,乔伊!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Listen, I-I need to know that, what I'm about to ask you, will never get back to Chandler.
听着,我需要你保证我接下来要问你的事,不会被钱德知道。
Joey: I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it myself.
如果说我没有想过那件事,我就是在说谎。
Joey: Chandler is my best friend ... It would be wrong. Good. But wrong.
但是钱德是我最好的朋友,那是不对的。感觉不错,却是不对的。
Monica: Ok, first of all, it would be great.
好的,首先,感觉会是棒透了。
Monica: But that's not what I'm here to talk to you about, Ok? I-I need to borrow some money.
但那不是我在想的事,我需要跟你借钱。
Joey: Awww, I don't know, Monica. You know ... erm ... lending friends money is always a mistake.
喔,我不知道,莫妮卡,你知道的借钱给朋友不是什么好事。
Monica: But Chandler lent you money!
但是钱德借过你钱啊!
Joey: And I think he would tell you it was a mistake.
而他也会告诉你,那不是什么好事。
Monica: Come on, I just, I need it for some rent and-and some other bills.
别这样,我只是…… 我需要付房租跟一些帐单。
Joey: Oh. Well-uh, well how much?
多少钱呢?
Monica: Two thousand dollars?
两千块?
Joey: Two thousand dollars! ?
两千块?
Joey: What do you think I am, a soap opera star?
你以为我是谁?肥皂剧明星吗?
Monica: Yeah.
是啊。
Joey: That's right I am!
没错,我就是!
Monica: Ok. Well promise me you'll never tell Chandler, it really hurts his pride.
答应我,你不会告诉钱德。这真的会很伤他的自尊心。
Joey: Chandler? Pride?
钱德?自尊心?
Monica: I know. He thinks he has it. It's really cute.
我知道,他还以为他有,真的是很可爱。
Rachel: Hi, you guys!
嗨,你们好!
Joey & Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Ooh ... what's in the bag?
袋子里面是什么?
Rachel: Oh er ... well you know Emma started crawling?
你们都知道艾玛已经开始会爬了?
Rachel: I realized that this place, is very unsafe for a baby.
我发现这地方对婴儿而言,是很不安全的。
Rachel: So, I went to the store and I got some stuff to baby-proof the apartment.
所以我去店里买了一些东西来让公寓更适合婴儿活动。
Joey: Oh, God, baby-proofing ...
喔,天啊,适合婴儿……
Joey: Why is it such a big deal now? You know, when I was a kid, it was like:
有什么了不起的呢?我小的时候,常常都……
Joey: "Whoops! Joey fell down the stairs!" "Whoops! Joey electrocuted himself again!" Huh!
“哇,乔伊跌下楼梯了”或是“哇,乔伊又电到自己了”
Monica: Anyway, uhm ... Are you going to get a handyman to install this stuff?
你要找人帮忙安装这些东西吗?
Rachel: No. I was just gonna do it myself.
不,我自己来就行了。
Joey: You're gonna do it?
你要自己来?
Rachel: Yeah ... Why?
是啊,不行吗?
Rachel: You don't think a woman can do this?
你觉得女人不可能自己做吗?
Joey: Oh ... Women can. You ... can't.
女人可以,你……不行。
Rachel: Monica, will you please tell Joey that he is a pig?
莫妮卡,可以请你告诉乔伊,他是猪吗?
Monica: You're a pig. And you can't do this. Rachel: Wha! ?
你是猪,而你不会做什么?
Rachel: What! ? Come on! I found the hardware store all by myself!
别这样!我自己找到五金店的!
Joey: The hardware store is right down the street.
那间店就在街尾。
Rachel: There is a hardware store right down the street?
街尾就有一间五金店吗?
Phoebe: Ok, you guys! Ok, we've got great news.
嘿,各位,我们有好消息要宣布。
Mike: Phoebe and I are moving in together.
菲比跟我要一起同居了。
Monica & Chandler & Ross: Congratulations! That's good news. Great!
恭喜了!好消息!棒极了!
Phoebe: I know, it's so exciting! You know, I've never lived with a guy before, you know.
我知道,好兴奋!我从来都没有跟男生同居过。
Monica: Well you know it's just like living with a girl. Only-only they don't steal your makeup.
嗯,那就像跟女生一起住一样,只是他们不会偷用你的化妆品。
Monica: Unless they're playing "This is what my sister would look like".
除非他们是在玩“我妹妹就是长这样”。
Chandler: Yeah, she's not so cute.
是啊,她不太可爱。
Mike: I'm gonna go to the bathroom.
我要上洗手间。
Phoebe: OK, will you put down the toilet seat!
上完把马桶坐垫放下来!
Mike: Yes, dear.
是的,亲爱的。
Monica: Oh, is that a bit you guys do?
那是你们在玩的游戏吗?
Phoebe: Uh huh, we're playing you two.
是啊,我们在模仿你们两个。
Monica: We don't do that! Tell her we don't do that!
我们没有那样!告诉她我们没有。
Chandler: Yes, dear.
我们有,亲爱的。
Ross: I can't believe you guys are moving in together. That's, that's great. I'm happy for you guys. I mean he's a great catch and those eyes.
不敢相信你们要同居了,我真替你们高兴,我是说,他是个好对象而且那一双眼睛。
Ross: I'm a scientist. I observe.
我是科学家,我会观察。
Monica: Oh gosh, it's so exciting.
天啊,这真是太令人兴奋了!
Monica: You guys are really moving along. I mean I think I hear wedding bells.
你们真是交往的太顺利了,我听到婚礼进行曲了。
Phoebe: Monica slow down! Ok? I'm just excited to be living with him.
莫妮卡,别急好吗?我只是很兴奋要跟他一起住而已。
Phoebe: You know, I mean, I don't know, can I see someday being married to Mike? Sure. Yeah.
你知道的,我是说,我不知道……我能预见有天跟麦克结婚吗?是的,当然。
Phoebe: You know, I could picture myself walking down the aisle in a wedding dress that highlights my breasts in an obvious yet classy way.
我可以想像自己,穿着婚纱走在红毯上婚纱,以很明显、但高雅的方式集中突出我的胸部。
Phoebe: But do I want that house in Connecticut, you know, near the good schools where Mike and I could send Sophie and Mike Junior ...
但问我想不想要在康乃狄克州,有学校区的房子让麦克跟我送我们的 小苏菲跟小麦克去上学……
Phoebe: Oh my god, I do.
喔,我的天,我好想。
Ross: Phoebe ... I had no idea you were so conventional.
我不晓得你是这么传统的人。
Phoebe: I know! I guess I am!
我想我是的!
Phoebe: Oh my god! Load up the Volvo I wanna be a soccer mom!
我的天,开着沃尔沃汽车,大包小包载孩子去练足球!
Mike: You ready to go?
你准备好要走了吗?
Phoebe: Yeah! You bet roomie!
当然好啰,新室友!
Monica: Don't you mean ... groomy?
你是说“新郎”吧?
Chandler: Honey, leave the terrible jokes to me.
亲爱的,把烂笑话留给我吧。
Mike: What're you talking about?
你在说什么?
Phoebe: Oh please, these guys, we haven't even moved in yet and they have us picking out china patterns.
拜托,我们都还没一起住,而他们就要我们选结婚的瓷器图案了。
Rachel: China patterns!
瓷器图案!
Rachel: This is easy ... "Can't do this!"
这很容易的,“你不行……”
Rachel: Wow, seriously. Can't do this.
哇,还真的咧,就是不行。
Chandler: Hey! Joe!
嘿,乔伊!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: You're here with somebody?
你有跟别人在这里吗?
Joey: No.
没有。
Chandler: Look uh, I need to ask you a favor but you can't tell Monica anything about it.
听着,我需要你帮个忙,而且不能跟莫妮卡说。
Joey: I thought you didn't have secrets from Monica.
我以为你们之间没有秘密。
Chandler: And that would remain the official party line.
表面上是那样没错。
Chandler: Look, Monica and I are having a little financial trouble.
莫妮卡跟我有一点点经济上的问题。
Joey: Yeah ... I know.
是啊,我知道。
Chandler: What? How do you know?
什么?你是什么意思?
Joey: Er ... I just figured it out! You know ...
我猜的!你知道的……
Joey: I mean you're not working and the economy is bad.
我是说,你没有工作,而且现在经济又很萧条。
Chandler: Oh! Right.
喔!对。
Joey: It's the fastest I have ever thought!
这是我反应最快的一次了!
Chandler: Anyway, er ... I need to borrow some money.
反正……我需要跟你借点钱。
Joey: Oh! Sure, yeah. How much? Two thousand dollars?
当然啰,多少钱?两千块吗?
Chandler: Yes! Two thousand dollars exactly! How do you know that?
是的,正是两千块!你是怎么知道的?
Joey: Er ... Well I uh ... I know how much you used to make ... And I know how much your rent is.
我知道你之前赚多少钱,而且我也知道你们的房租。
Chandler: Oh ok.
喔,好的。
Joey: I am on fire!
我真是天才!
Chandler: Listen, this is really nice.
听着,你真好。
Chandler: Di... Did you write a cheque to Monica for two thousand dollars?
你开了一张两千块的支票给莫妮卡?
Chandler: Did Monica borrow money from you?
莫妮卡跟你借钱?
Joey: Er ... Kind of.
好像是。
Chandler: I can't believe her!
我不敢相信她竟然这样做!
Chandler: Did she tell you we were having money problems?
她有跟你说我们有经济问题吗?
Joey: Oh no no no no no ... It wasn't ... It wasn't because of your money problems ... It was for something ... for her.
不,不是为了你们的经济问题是她自己的东西。
Chandler: What?
什么?
Joey: Something personal.
很私人的东西。
Chandler: What would she get for herself for two thousand dollars that she wouldn't tell me about?
她要花两千块的东西还不能告诉我?不好意思。
Woman: Excuse me.
打扰一下。
Joey: Boob job.
隆乳手术。
Chandler: What? That's ridiculous, she doesn't need a boob job!
什么?这真是太可笑了,她才不需要隆乳!
Chandler: Why wouldn't she tell me about it?
她为什么不能告诉我呢?
Joey: Uh ... she was afraid that you woudln't be supportive.
她怕你会反对。
Chandler: I'm not.
我是会。
Joey: Yeah, well, she knows you well, you can't tell her that you know, I swore I woudln't tell ya.
没错,就是啊,她非常了解你。你不能告诉她你已经知道了,我发过誓不会告诉别人的。
Chandler: Oh, Boob job? She doens't need that, this is crazy!
隆乳手术?她根本不需要,这真是疯狂!
Joey: Well it's ... It's not that crazy. Ok?
不算太疯狂,好吗?
Joey: Making them smaller, that would be crazy.
把它们变小才叫做疯狂。
Phoebe: Hey, so where do you keep your secret box of porn?
嘿,你的秘密色情影带放哪儿?
Mike: I don't have any porn ...
我没有什么色情影带……
Mike: Back of the closet in my bedroom.
我房间后面的柜子里。
Mike: Oh hey, I-I wanted to ask you about Monica's little "groomy" joke.
嘿,我想要问你关于莫妮卡的“新郎”笑话。
Phoebe: Oh! Alright. Well I think the reason people laughed is becuase it's a play on the word roomie.
我想大家会笑是因为她在玩“新室友”这个词。
Mike: No, I get the joke. Sophisticated as it was, the thing I wanna say is ... uh, maybe we should've talked about this before.
我听得懂这个笑话,真是高深啊。不,我要说的是……或许我们之前就应该先谈过。
Mike: Us living together. You're not expecting a proposal, right?
我们住在一起这件事,你应该没有期望我会求婚吧。
Phoebe: Oh no! No! Not at all. We're just moving in, right now. See where it goes.
喔,不、不,一点也没有,好的我们才刚搬进来一起住,再看看吧。
Mike: Yeah, well ... that's the thing. For me it's ... as far as it can ever go.
对,这就是个问题 对我而言,这已经是我的极限了。
Phoebe: What'd you mean?
你是什么意思?
Mike: Look. Phoebe ... I ... I love you. Very much. But I never wanna get married again.
听着,菲比,我……我非常爱你。但我不想再结婚了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
den [den]

想一想再看

n. 兽穴,洞穴 v. 穴居

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
conventional [kən'venʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的,惯例的,常规的

 
chef [ʃef]

想一想再看

n. 厨师,主厨

联想记忆
ridiculous [ri'dikjuləs]

想一想再看

adj. 荒谬的,可笑的

联想记忆
observe [əb'zə:v]

想一想再看

v. 观察,遵守,注意到
v. 评论,庆

联想记忆
smug [smʌg]

想一想再看

adj. 自以为是的,整洁的

联想记忆
crack [kræk]

想一想再看

v. 崩溃,失去控制,压碎,使裂开,破解,开玩笑

联想记忆
bleeding ['bli:diŋ]

想一想再看

n. 出血;渗色 adj. 流血的;同情的 v. 出血;

 
pride [praid]

想一想再看

n. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心
vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。