手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第九季 > 正文

老友记 第9季:第3集 罗斯的儿科医生(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

Rachel: Hi!

嗨!
Ross: Hey! So what's the big news we uh rushed all the way over here for?
嘿!是什么惊天动地的大消息要我们马上赶过来?
Phoebe: Rushed? It took you 45 minutes to cross the street. Come on guys, it's just one baby.
你们光过个马路就花了四十五分钟。真是的,只不过是个婴儿。
Phoebe:Oh, sure, now you guys clam up.
好吧,你们现在都没有人要帮腔。
Chandler: Ok, our news.
好吧,我们要宣布的消息就是。
Chandler:My company has asked me to head up our office in Tulsa, so, as of Monday I'm being officially relocated.
公司要我去土尔沙带领新的分公司,所以,从星期一开始我已经正式被调职了。
Ross: Oh my God!
喔,我的天!
Phoebe: What? !
什么?
Rachel: What? !
什么?
Ross: Monday?
星期一?
Joey: Well how long do you have to go for?
你得要去多久呢?
Chandler: Well, they said it could be up to a year.
他们说有可能会长达一年。
Joey: A year?
一年?
Rachel: Do you have to go?
那你也要去吗?
Monica: I kinda have to, don't I? 'Cause of this stupid thing.
我似乎是没有选择,不是吗?都是因为这个愚蠢的东西。
Chandler: There is nothing like the support of your loving wife, huh?
再也没有比爱妻的支持更棒的东西了对吧?
Joey: But wait a minute, wait, you can't go to Tulsa.
等一下,你不能去土尔沙。
Joey:Maybe you forgot, but we've got tickets to the Jets game next week.
也许你忘了,但是下星期我们要去看球赛的。
Chandler: Well, I'm-I'm sorry buddy, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it.
我很抱歉,但是我想我可能去不了。
Joey: But we do, we were gonna go see the Jets!
但是我们是要去看球赛耶!
Ross: You-you, you can't go, I mean you're the glue that holds this group together!
你不能离开我们,你就像是维系这个圈子的灵魂人物!
Chandler: Really?
真的吗?
Ross: Not you.
不是你。
Chandler: You know, this whole thing is gonna be ok, you know? They said they'd rent us a great house in the suburbs, and you guys can all come and visit.
一切都会没问题的。他们会帮我们在郊区租房子,你们可以过来看我们。
Rachel: Oh, God, that's so not gonna happen!
喔,天啊,那真的是不太可能!
Joey: Come on, I can't believe you guys are moving.
我真不敢相信你们要搬走了。
Phoebe: I call their apartment!
我承接他们的公寓!
Everyone: No! Ah! Ahh!
不行!
Joey: Here you go Rachel.
咖啡来了,瑞秋。
Rachel: Oh, thank you, Joey. Oh, you know what? I'm not even sure I can have caffeine.
谢谢你,乔伊。你知道吗?我不确定可不可以喝有咖啡因的东西。
Ross: Uh, I went through this with Ben and Carol.
我在养育班还有卡萝的经验。
Ross:One cup of coffee won't affect your milk.
告诉我 一杯咖啡不会影响你的母乳的。
Rachel: Yeah. Just to be sure I'm gonna call Dr. Wiener.
是的,为了安全起见,我要打电话给歪愣医师。
Joey: Rachel: Every time?
这么好笑吗?
Joey: Uhuh.
嗯。
Ross: Rachel, you-you don't have to call whenever you have a little question, ok? Trust me, I know this.
没有必要每次有问题都打电话给他,好吗?相信我,我是有经验的。
Rachel: All right, I trust you.
好吧,我相信你。
Ross: Rachel, I can see you dialing! I don't understand why...
我看到你在拨电话,我不了解为什么……
Rachel: Shhh! I'm on the phone! Dr. Wiener?
我在讲电话!歪愣医师吗?
Phoebe: It's so weird seeing Ross and Rachel with a baby. It's just so grown up.
看到罗斯跟瑞秋有了小孩,真是奇怪。好像大人。
Joey: I know, yeah. I feel like we're all growing up. Person named Wiener, God that kills me.
我知道,是啊。觉得好像我们都一起长大了。有人的名字叫“歪愣”,真是笑死我了。
Phoebe: Look at you all grown up.
瞧瞧你就像个大人。
Joey: Yeah. Actually, actually, you know what?
事实上,你知道吗?
Joey:I am. You know? That we all know- that whole thing with Rachel made me realize that maybe I'm ready for a more serious relationship.
我的确是长大了,知道吗?跟瑞秋发生的那件事让我意识到……或许我已经准备好要接受更认真的交往了。
Joey:You know? Like I'd like to meet a nice mature commitment-minded lady.
我想要找一个……善良、成熟、稳重的女孩子。
Joey:And looks aren't as important as...Nah, she's gotta be hot.
外表并不是非常……不,她一定要很辣才行。
Phoebe: Well you know, I might know somebody.
我也许认识这样的人。
Phoebe:Hey, how about you set me up with someone, and we double date!
要不要你帮我找个对象,然后我们一起两对约会!
Joey: I can do that, yeah. How's-how's Friday?
我可以啊,星期五怎样呢?
Phoebe: Done. Oh good, really?
没问题!好的很好,真的?
Joey: Yeah!
好!
Phoebe: Ok, let's see! Heehee! Oh, you know who's great? Sandy Poophack.
我们来看看!好的,你知道谁不错吗?珊蒂·普霸。
Joey: Poophack...
“普霸”……
Phoebe: Yeah...All right, well that rules out Lana Titweiller.
好吧,没关系,那莱娜·缇婉乐可能也不行了。
Joey: Ah.
啊。
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: I've got good news!
我有好消息!
Monica: You got out of the whole Tulsa thing?
你不用去土尔沙了吗?
Chandler: Ok, I have news.
好吧,我有新消息。
Chandler:You don't have to move to Tulsa. You can stay here and keep your job.
你不用跟我一起搬到土尔沙,你可以待在这里,继续你的工作。
Monica: It's great! How?
太好了!是怎么回事呢?
Chandler: Well my boss and I worked out a deal where I only have to be in Tulsa four days a week, so the other three, I can be here with you.
老板跟我达成一个协议,我一星期在土尔沙待四天就可以了,所以另外三天我可以跟你在一起。
Monica: So you're gonna be gone four days a week? No.
所以一星期有四天你不在?不行。
Chandler: I'm sorry, are you just used to saying that?
不好意思,你是不是太习惯说不行了呢?
Monica: No. I can't be away from you for that long.
不是。我不能跟你分开那么久的。
Chandler: Really?
真的吗?
Monica: Yeah, you're my husband. I'm not gonna live in a different state than you for 208 days out of the year.
是啊,你是我先生,我不要一年两百零八天跟你住在不同州。
Chandler: That's fast math! We could use you in Tulsa.
算的真快!我们土尔沙的分公司可以聘请你的。
Monica: Honey, thanks for trying to figure out a way, but if you're going to Tulsa, I wanna go with you.
亲爱的,谢谢你试着想出更好的方式,但是如果你要去土尔沙,我会跟你去。
Chandler: Hey, you said that without gagging!
你这样说的时候竟然没有做呕吐状!
Monica: I know!
真的耶!
Rachel: Wh- Ex-excuse me? Oh yeah? Well, up yours too!
你说什么?喔?那你也去吃屎吧!
Ross: Who the hell was that?
那到底是谁啊?
Rachel: Oh, Dr. Wiener.
歪愣医师。
Ross: Rachel, you can't call people at three in the morning.
瑞秋,你不能在凌晨三点打电话给人家的。
Rachel: Oh you know what, you sound just like his wife!
你知道吗?你听起来就像他老婆一样。
Ross: Was there anything even wrong with Emma?
艾玛有怎样吗?
Rachel: Yes, of course there is! Ok? I'm not insane!
当然是有,怎样!好吗?我又不是疯了!
Ross: Well, what was it?
是怎样?
Rachel: Hiccups.
打嗝。
Ross: Rachel, I told you, you can't call him every time any little thing comes up.
我告诉过你了,不能每次有鸡毛蒜皮小事都打电话给他。
Rachel: Yeah well, not anymore. I can't. He fired us! Can you believe that?
看来我是真的不能了。他不接我们了!你敢相信吗?
Ross: Rachel, I could believe it if he came here and hit you over the head with a copy of Highlights.
瑞秋,我敢相信如果他在这里 一定会用杂志砸你的头。
Rachel: What are we gonna do? We have to find a pediatrician.
我们该怎么办呢?我们得再另找一个小儿科医师了。
Rachel:Oh, wait wait, wait wait, Monica said that when you guys were growing up, you really liked your doctor. What was his name?
等一下,莫妮卡说你们小时候……很喜欢你们的医师。他叫什么名字呢?
Ross: Dr. Gettleman? Yeah I know, I don't, I don't think that's a good idea. In fact, I think, I think he's dead.
葛曼医师吗?不,我认为这不是个好主意。事实上,我想他死了。
Rachel: Argh! Why does everything happen to me?
啊!为什么坏事都发生在我身上?
Ross: Rachel, I promise first thing tomorrow we'll find another doctor, but I gotta get up early and I'm not feeling all that well.
我保证,明天第一件事就是找到一个新的医生,但是我要很早起床而且我现在觉得不是很舒服。
Rachel: What? Where, where-where you're not feeling well? What do you have? Is it Rubella? Because don't go near Emma, she has not had that shot.
你不舒服?是怎么回事呢?德国麻疹吗?别靠近艾玛,她还没有注射预防针。
Ross: You know? Come to think of it, it does feel Rubella-like!
我仔细想想,倒还感觉像是德国麻疹!
Rachel: Wiener, Wiener, Wiener, Wiener!
歪愣!歪愣!歪愣!歪愣!
Ross: Rachel!
瑞秋!
Rachel: Great! Now he's gonna know it was me!
太棒了!现在他就知道那是我了!
Joey: And the Kung Pao chicken. Yeah. Utensils and plates for one.
还有宫保鸡丁。一人用的餐具。
Joey:And can you read the order back to me? Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, great, oh, ugh, yeah, ok. Thanks, bye.
可以重复我的订单吗?太棒了,好的,谢谢,再见。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Phoebe: So how is this for our big double date tonight?
看我为今晚我们两对约会打扮如何?
Joey: Oh my God!
喔,天啊!
Phoebe: Ooh, great! Just the reaction I was hoping for.
太棒了!这正是我要的反应。
Joey: Yeah, yeah, so you-you found someone for me. You didn't forget?
是啊,你有帮我找到人吗?你没有忘记吧?
Phoebe: Of course not! And you're gonna love Mary Ellen. She's really smart and cute and funny, and, I can't tell you how I know this, but she' not opposed to threesomes.
当然没有!你会爱死玛莉·艾伦的。她真的很聪明、可爱风趣,而且……我不能告诉你我是怎么知道的,但是她并不反对三人行。
Phoebe:Yeah. So tell me some about my guy.
好耶。说一点我的约会对象吧。
Joey: No.
不行。
Phoebe: Come on, give me something.
别这样,透露一点嘛。
Phoebe:What's his name?
他叫什么名字?
Joey: I'm-I'm not sure I understand the question.
我不明白你的问题。
Phoebe: What'd they call him?
大家都是怎么叫他的?
Joey: Ah...Mike.
啊……麦克。
Phoebe: Mike? Ok! What's his last name?
麦克?好的,他姓什么呢?
Joey: Damn it! Is there no mystery left in romance anymore?
可恶!就不能为浪漫而保有神秘感吗?
Phoebe: All right, we'll see you and Mike, at the restaurant in a couple hours.
好吧,几个小时之后在餐厅与你跟麦克见。
Joey: All right, great. See ya. Bye-bye.
好的,没问题。待会见。拜拜。
Joey: Why did I have to say Mike? I don't know a Mike! Why couldn't I've said...There's no guy in there!
我为什么要说麦克呢?根本不认识谁叫麦克的!为什么不说……?这里面根本就没有男生!
Chandler: So, this is being a parent, huh? I think I can handle this. Oh, too intense, too intense.
所以这就是带孩子,是吧?我想我可以处理得很好的。太难了,太难了。
Monica: Hi!
嗨!
Rachel & Chandler: Hey! Hi!
嗨!嗨!
Monica: Well, I did it. I told my crew at the restaurant that I'm heading off to Tulsa.
好了,我说了我告诉餐厅的同事我要搬到土尔沙了。
Chandler: Oh yeah, how'd they take it?
是吗?他们反应如何?
Monica: Pretty well, yeah. They're brave little soldiers.
还不错,他们是勇敢的小尖兵。
Monica:Did their best to be stoic.
尽全力冷静。
Monica:Some of them even high fived each other to mask their pain.
有些还互相击掌来掩饰离别的伤痛。
Rachel: Oh, it's impossible to find a good doctor. I mean, how do you know the good ones from the ones who are gonna push their penis against your knee?
要找好医生真是好难。要如何分辨哪个是好医生……哪个又会拿小弟弟摩擦你的膝盖呢?
Monica: Excuse me?
什么?
Chandler: I know what she's talking about.
我知道她的意思。
Chandler:Yeah, you probably also had the piano teacher with the wandering hands.
你们或许也碰过会毛手毛脚的钢琴老师吧。
Rachel: We-we've got to find a new pediatrician.
我们要找新的小儿科医生。
Rachel:Ross was getting sick last night, and I think Emma may have caught it.
罗斯昨晚不舒服,艾玛或许也被感染到了。
Monica: Why don't you go see Dr. Gettleman?
你为什么不去找葛曼医生呢?
Rachel: Ross said he died.
罗斯说他死了。
Monica: He didn't die. I saw his daughter last week. Said he was fine. Her on the other hand, botched Botox.
他没死。我上星期才遇到他女儿。她说他很好。但是她呢,可被肉毒杆菌搞惨了。
Rachel: Oh great! Well then I'm gonna take Emma to see him. I wonder why Ross said that he died.
太好了!那我要带艾玛去找他。为什么罗斯说他死了呢?
Monica: Oh, maybe he was getting him confused with his childhood therapist.
喔,或许他把他跟他小时候的心理医生搞混了。
Chandler: He saw a therapist?
他有心理医生?
Monica: Uh-huh, Yeah, he used to have this recurring nightmare, just really freaked him out.
是的,他以前常常做重复的噩梦,吓死他了。
Rachel: Wow, what was it?
哇,什么噩梦呢?
Monica: That I was going to eat him.
梦到我要吃掉他。
Joey: Mike!
麦克!
Mike: Yeah?
怎样?
Joey: Ok!
好了!
Mike: I gotta tell you, I can't believe I'm doing this with you.
真不敢相信,我竟然跟你做这件事。
Mike:Although yeah I did just get out of a nine-year relationship, so I guess I should be open and taking some risks.
我才刚结束一段九年的恋情,所以我应该敞开心胸迎接一些挑战。
Joey: That's good. Yeah, get all that born stuff out now.
这样很好。把那些无聊的旧东西抛掉。
Joey:Look, everything is gonna be fine, ok? Just follow my lead, all you have to do is pretend to be Mike.
一切都好啦,跟着我就没事,好吗?你只要假装是麦克就可以了。
Mike: I am Mike.
我就是麦克啊。
Joey: Attaboy!
演的真不错!
Joey: Ok here they come.
她们来了。
Phoebe: Hi, Phoebe.
嗨,我是菲比。
Mike: Hey. Phoebe, I'm Mike. How you doing.
嗨。菲比,我是麦克。你好吗?
Phoebe: Nice to meet you, Joey, this is Mary Ellen Jenkins. So, Mike, how do you and Joey know each other anyway?
很高兴认识你,乔伊,这位是玛莉·艾伦·珍金。麦克,你跟乔伊是怎么认识的呢?
Mike: How do Joey and I know each other?
我跟乔伊是怎么认识的呢?
Mike:Wow, if I had a nickel for every time somebody's asked me that.
如果每次有人问我这问题,我就有五块钱赚,那我就变富翁了。
Joey: From-from school.
在学校认识的。
Mike: Yeah, we met in college.
我们在大学认识的。
Mike:I mean, high school.
我是说高中。
Phoebe: Wow, you guys go way back then.
那你们认识可久了。
Phoebe:So what're-what're you up to these days?
那你现在是做什么的呢?
Mike: Well, I'm a lawyer.
我是律师。
Joey: Mike, 'attorney at law'!
麦克,律师!
Mike: Actually, I just gave up my practice.
事实上,我才刚放弃执照。
Joey: What? That's-that's the kinda thing you usually run by me.
什么?这种事你应该先跟我讨论的。
Mike: Well, I always wanted to play piano professionally, and I figured if I don't do this now, I never will.
我想要成为专业钢琴音乐家,如果现在不赶快做,就来不及了。
Phoebe: Wow, that's great! I liked that better than the law thing, so...
太好了!我喜欢音乐家胜过律师,所以……
Joey: Which is why I waited until now to introduce you to Mike.
这就是为什么我等到现在才介绍麦克给你。
Mary Ellen: I thought you thought he was still a lawyer.
你不是还以为他是律师吗?
Joey: No no no, that's not what I meant. Let's-let's get you a cocktail.
不,我并没有那样说。我们帮你点杯鸡尾酒吧。
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: What're you doing?
你在做什么呢?
Chandler: Looking for restaurant jobs for you in Tulsa.
帮你在土尔沙找餐厅的工作。
Monica: Oh, that's so sweet. Find anything?
真是贴心。有找到吗?
Chandler: Slim Pickings.
速食外餐。
Monica: Nothing, huh?
什么都没有,是吧?
Chandler: No, 'Slim Pickings', it's a barbecue joint.
不,速食外餐,是间烤肉店。
Chandler:They're looking for a cook. Actually 'cook' may be a bit of a stretch.
他们在找厨师。事实上并不全然是“厨师”。
Chandler:They're looking for someone to shovel mesquite.
他们在找炒豆子的帮手。
Monica: 'Slim Pickings'...That is so cheesy.
“速食外餐”?听起来真是不高级。
Chandler: Oh, 'So Cheesy' also has an opening.
“不高级”也有在招人。
Monica: Honey, that's ok. I actually know this woman, Nancy, who's-who's a restaurant biz head-hunter. Maybe she'll know of something.
亲爱的,没关系。我认识一个叫南西的人,她是专门帮餐厅招人的。她或许会知道一些职缺。
Chandler: Can I just say, how much I appreciate you coming with me. When we get to Tulsa I'm taking you for a great dinner at 'Slim Pickings'.
我真的是太感激你愿意跟我去。当我们抵达土尔沙,我会带你去速食外餐吃大餐的。
Chandler:'So Cheesy'? 'Whole Hog'? It's going to be tough to keep Kosher in Tulsa.
那“不高级”呢?全猪餐厅呢?在土尔沙要找到正式餐厅还真是不简单。
Monica: Hi, Nancy. Hi, it's Monica Geller.
嗨,南西吗?嗨,我是莫妮卡·盖勒。
Monica:I'm good. Listen, I'm-I'm looking for a job in Tulsa.
我很好,我需要在土尔沙找份工作。
Monica:Well, my husband's been relocated...Because I love him!
是啊,因为我先生被调职到那边……因为我爱他!
Monica:No-no, I-I, I don't-don't wanna job in New York.
不,我不想要纽约的工作。
Monica:Javo is looking? Oh my God!
杰屋在找人?喔,我的天啊!
Monica:He asked for me personally? Oh my God!
他特别指名要我?喔,我的天啊!
Monica:Oh, wow, this is really really flattering, but I'm-I'm-I'm moving to Tulsa.
哇,我真的是太受宠若惊,但是我要搬到土尔沙了。
Monica:Yeah, so just if you would tell Javo...I'll take it!
所以,请你告诉杰屋……我接受这份工作!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recurring [ri'kə:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 再发的,循环的 动词recur的现在分词

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
heading ['hediŋ]

想一想再看

n. 标题,题目,航向
动词head的现在分词

 
caffeine ['kæfi:n]

想一想再看

n. 咖啡因

联想记忆
opposed [ə'pəuzd]

想一想再看

adj. 反对的,敌对的 v. 和 ... 起冲突,反抗

 
clam [klæm]

想一想再看

n. 蛤,沉默寡言的人 vi. 挖蚌

联想记忆
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
attorney [ə'tə:ni]

想一想再看

n. (辩护)律师

联想记忆
glue [glu:]

想一想再看

n. 胶,胶水,胶粘物
vt. 粘贴,紧附于

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。