Chandler: Actually Pheebs it's more of a husband and wife kind of thing.
事实上,这是夫妻两人之间的事。
Phoebe: I knew I should've married Chandler.
我就知道我应该嫁给钱德的。
Monica: OK, what's up?
好了,怎么回事呢?
Chandler: OK, umm, you know how we always said that it would be fun to move to Paris for a year?
好的,我们曾经讨论过如果能搬到巴黎住一年一定会很棒!
Chandler:You know, you could study French cooking and I could write, we could picnic along the Seine, go wine tasting in Bordeaux?
你可以学习法式烹饪,我可以写作,我们可以在塞纳河畔野餐,去波尔多品酒。
Monica: Oh yeah.
是啊。
Chandler: OK, you know how people say that Tulsa, is the Paris of Oklahoma?
很好你知道有些人说土尔沙,就像是奥克拉荷马州的巴黎吗?
Monica: What? Who-who says that?
什么?是谁说的?
Chandler: People who've never been to Paris.
那些从没去过巴黎的人说的。
Monica: Wh-what's going on?
到底是怎么回事?
Chandler: We're moving to Tulsa!
我们要搬去土尔沙了!
Monica: Excuse me?
你说什么?
Chandler: OK, Ms. McKenna, she kind of works above my boss, I think you actually met her.
好吧,我老板的上司,麦肯纳小姐,我想你应该见过她。
Monica: I don't care, get back to Tulsa!
我不在乎,快说土尔沙是怎么回事!
Chandler: She asked me to move to Tulsa and be the president of our office there, and I was sleeping and apparently, said yes.
她要我搬到土尔沙去当那边分公司的总经理,我当时正在打瞌睡,然后,显然我是答应她了。
Monica: Tulsa, Oklahoma?
奥克拉荷马州的土尔沙?
Chandler: The sooner state, whatever that is.
抢先之州(奥克拉荷马州的昵称)不管那是什么。
Monica: Chandler, I don't even wanna see the musical "Oklahoma!"!
钱德,我连歌舞剧《奥克拉荷马》 都不想看!
Chandler: Really, "Oh, what a beautiful morning", "Surrey With The Fringe On Top"?
“喔,美妙的早晨” “坐在马车上头”。
Monica: Are you trying to tell me that we're moving to Oklahoma, or that you're gay?
你是在说我们要搬去奥克拉荷马,还是说你是同性恋?
Chandler: Honey, I don't think I can get out of this.
亲爱的,我想我可能躲不掉了。
Monica: Oh my God!
喔,天啊!
Chandler: But you don't know, it could be like Paris, you could still take a cooking class! At Oral Roberts University.
但是你不知道,土尔沙可能会像巴黎一样,你还是可以在奥罗·罗伯特大学!上烹饪课。
Monica: All right, not that this matters, but did they at least offer you a huge raise?
好吧,这些都没关系,但至少他们有帮你加薪吧?
Chandler: No, no, but they are going to lease us a Ford Focus.
没有,但是他们会帮我们租一台福特福克斯。
Chandler:I'll get out of it.
我会试着脱身。
Monica: Thank you.
谢谢。
Chandler: What is wrong with Emma?
艾玛是怎么了?
Monica: Oh she misunderstood, she thought she was moving to Tulsa.
她误会了,她以为是她要搬到土尔沙。
Chandler: Ma'am, uh, do you have a minute?
请问您现在有空吗?
Chandler:I kind of have some bad news.
我有些坏消息。
Chandler:I don't think I can move to Tulsa.
我想我不能去土尔沙了。
Ms. McKenna: What?
什么?
Chandler: Uh, It's a funny story, actually.
事实上这是件很好笑的事。
Chandler:Uh, I kind of fell asleep, in the meeting this morning so when I said I'd move to Tulsa, I didn't really know what I was saying.
我在今天早上的会议上睡着了,所以当我说我可以搬到土尔沙时,我根本不知道我在说什么。
Ms. McKenna: You fell asleep?
你睡着了?
Chandler: But only because I was up all night worried about this meeting, ain't that funny? Irony?
但那是因为我整晚为会议担心而失眠,是不是很好笑呢?很讽刺?
Chandler:Not a fan, alright.
不好笑,好吧好吧。
Chandler:See, here's the thing.
事情是这样的。
Chandler:I went home, and told my wife about Tulsa and-and she won't go.
我回家告诉我老婆土尔沙的事,但是她不想去。
Chandler:See, me, I love Tulsa, Tulsa is heaven, Tulsa is Italy. Please don't make me go there!
至于我,我爱死土尔沙了,土尔沙是天堂,土尔沙是意大利。拜托别逼我搬去那里!
Ms. McKenna: Chandler, I...
钱德,我……
Chandler: No no no! I know that you're upset.
我知道你很不高兴。
Chandler:But, uh, I just, I would really rather just stay here, not here in your office.
但是我只是…… 我真的宁可留在这里,不是说在你的办公室这里……
Chandler:Here, here at the company, where I'm rapidly feeling unwelcome.
在这里的这间公司。我在这里明显不受欢迎。
Chandler:Look, Carol, can I call you Carol?
听着,凯萝,我可以叫你凯萝吗?
Chandler:Why would I when your name is Elaine?
我真不应该,因为你的名字是依莲。
Chandler:Oh, what a great picture of your son, strapping...
你儿子拍得真棒,雄壮威武……
Chandler:that's a picture of your daughter, isn't it, well she's lovely, I like a girl with a strong jaw.
是你女儿的照片,对吧?她真是甜美,我喜欢有坚毅下巴的女孩。
Chandler:I'll call you from Tulsa.
我会从土尔沙打电话给你的。
Joey: Hey, so, how is it?
嘿,怎样呢?
Ross: I broke my thumb.
我的拇指断了。
Joey: Your thumb, that's weird, are you sure you're punching right? Ma-make a fist.
你的拇指?真是奇怪,你确定你出拳的方式是正确的吗?握拳或许。
Joey:Maybe later.
等一下好了。
Joey:Ross, I feel terrible.
罗斯,我觉得很糟糕。
Ross: You know what, you can go, I just have to fill out some forms.
你可以走了,我只要填一些表格就可以了。
Joey: You uh, you want me to help you with that?
需要我帮忙吗?
Ross: Why, does it look like I'm having trouble with my misshapen claw?
为什么?我看起来像是没办法使用我的畸形爪子吗?
Joey: Name?
姓名?
Joey:Oh I know, Ross, but what's it short for?
我知道,罗斯,但是那是什么的简称呢?
Joey:You know like, like Rossle or-or Rosstepher?
你知道的,像是罗素或是罗斯多福。
Ross: Just Ross.
就是罗斯。
Joey: It's pretty.
好名字。
Joey:OK, date of birth?
好了,生日呢?
Ross: You know my birthday.
你知道我生日的。
Joey: Sure, May...tember.
当然五……九月?
Ross: October 18th.
十月十八日。
Joey: Occupation? Dinosaurs.
职业?恐龙。
Ross: Actually, I'm a paleon...Dinosaurs is fine. The drawing is not.
事实上,我是古生物…… 恐龙也可以啦。画图可不行。
Joey: Alright, uh, who-who do you want as your emergency contact?
好了,紧急联络人是谁呢?
Ross: Ah, Rachel I guess.
瑞秋,我想应该是吧。
Joey: OK, relationship, wo boy this could take a while.
好的,关系呢?天啊,这可能要花上一点时间。
Ross: Just ah, just put roommate.
写室友。
Joey: Come on, you guys are more then that! I mean, you're gonna get together right?
少来了,你们比室友还更进一步,你们要在一起了,不是吗?
Ross: I don't think that we are.
我不认为我们有要在一起。
Joey: But, you two were supposed to be together.
但是你们应该要在一起的。
Ross: Well, I thought so too, but then she said she'd marry you.
我也这样想过,但是她却答应要嫁给你。
Joey: Come on, Ross, that didn't mean anything!
别这样,罗斯,那根本没有什么!
Joey:She-she, she just had the baby, she was all freaked out about doing it alone, she, she would've said yes to anybody.
她才刚生完,吓坏了,要独自扛起一切,任何人求婚,她都会答应的。
Ross: Yeah, that's-that's what she said.
是啊,她也是这样说。
Joey: So?
所以呢?
Ross: So, I don't wanna be just anybody.
所以我不想要当“任何人”。
Joey: Wow.
哇。
Ross: You know what, it's-it's, it's better this way anyway, I mean I don't know what I was thinking, going down that road again with us.
你知道吗?反正这样也比较好,我不知道我在想什么,再回到之前的关系。
Ross:It's, it's just much easier if we're, if we're just friends who have a kid.
如果我们纯粹做朋友,只是有个小孩,那事情就会简单多了。
Joey: Really?
真的吗?
Ross: Yeah.
是啊。
Joey: And, and you're OK with that?
你这样没关系吗?
Ross: Yes. I mean, it's what we always planned, and if-if you have a plan, you should stick to it, that's, that's why they call them plans, hello, I'm fine.
是啊,这本来就是我们的计划,如果你有计划,你就应该照计划执行,这就是计划的意义,不是吗?我没事的。
Joey: Hey, for what it's worth, with Rachel I don't think you'll ever be just "anybody".
嘿,关于瑞秋……我不认为你会只是“任何人”而已。
Ross: Hey, there you go!
嘿,你做对了!
Joey:"Thanks".
“谢谢”。
Rachel: Oh my God! How long has she been crying?
喔,天啊。她哭多久了?
Monica: About a week and a half.
大约一个星期半。
Phoebe: Alright, well, looks like you guys got it under control so I'm just gonna go.
看起来你们都已经处理好了,所以我先回去了。
Phoebe:No! Misery really does love company. All right!
不好吗?真的?一定要有人共享悲惨命运吗?好吧。
Monica: Rachel, try holding her a different way.
试着用另一种方式抱她。
Rachel: What- You guys, I'm doing the best I can, anyone else is welcome to try.
什么……我已经尽力而为了,任何人都欢迎来试试看。
Phoebe: Alright, I'll try, fine! Yes, OK!
好吧,我来试试看,好了,好的!
Rachel: Here you go.
抱去吧。
Rachel:Oh, gosh.
喔,天啊。
Phoebe: Shh! Nothing works with this child!
这小孩什么都没用!
Rachel: Oh god what am I gonna do you guys, I can't even comfort my own baby!
天啊,我该怎么办呢?我根本照顾不了我自己的孩子!
Rachel:I'm the worst mother ever!
我是史上最糟的母亲!
Monica: No, you're just new at this, it'll get better, now think about your first day at work.
不,你只不过是不熟悉罢了,你会克服的,想想你第一天上班的时候。
Monica:I mean, that couldn't've been easy but you figured that out.
那也不是很简单的事,但你也摆平了啊。
Rachel: Yeah I don't think dressing provocatively is going to help me here!
是啊,我不认为穿得辣一点对现在的情况会有帮助!
Rachel:Oh, God, just please take her.
天啊,请帮我抱一下。
Monica: Ok, I'll take her, come here.
好,我来抱,来吧。
Rachel: I have to go to the bathroom.
喔,天啊,我要去上一下厕所。
Phoebe: I have to go scream into a pillow.
我要去枕头堆里吼一吼。
Monica: Bouncy. Bouncy baby. Bouncy baby. Ooh baby baby, Ooh baby baby, Ooh baby baby.
活泼,活泼的宝贝,活泼的宝贝。喔,宝贝,宝贝,喔,宝贝,宝贝,
Phoebe: Have I gone deaf?
我聋了吗?
Monica: It worked! Ooh baby baby baby, ooh baby baby baby!
有效了,喔,宝贝,宝贝,宝贝,喔,宝贝,宝贝,宝贝!
Phoebe: You must be a fireball in bed.
你在床上一定像个火球。
Monica: I can't believe it, she's asleep, I got her to go to sleep, I have actual magical powers!
我不敢相信,她睡着了,我让她睡着了,我真的有神奇的魔力!
Phoebe: I can, I can hear traffic and birds, I can hear the voices in my head again!
我可以听到汽车跟鸟叫声,我又再度听到我脑海中的声音了!
Phoebe:I'm kidding.
开玩笑的。
Rachel: Oh my God!
喔,我的天!
Rachel:You got her to stop crying!
你让她不再哭了!
Monica: Yes I did, I'm Monica, super aunt.
是的,我办到了,我是超级姑姑莫妮卡。
Rachel: You are the official baby crier stopper!
你是官方认可的婴儿止哭专家!
Monica: Yes I am!
是啊,我正是!
Rachel: You're never leaving the apartment!
你永远都不能离开这间公寓了!
Monica: Say what?
什么?
Rachel: That's your new job, day and night, she starts crying, I need you here.
这是你的新工作,日夜兼顾,只要她一哭,我就需要你在这里。
Monica: Oh no no no no!
不,不,不!
Phoebe: Thankfully you don't need me at all so, ok. Hey, super aunt, see you later!
很庆幸,你一点都不需要我那么,嘿,超级姑姑 ,下次见啰!
Phoebe:Rachel. let's, let's give it six to eight months.
瑞秋,我们试试看六到八个月。
Rachel: Ohhh. OK, so listen, I'm gonna go lay down.
好的,听着,我要去睡一下。
Monica: What?
什么?
Rachel: You know the book says that whenever she's sleeping, I should be sleeping.
书上说只要她一睡,我也应该要睡。
Rachel:So...Thank you.
所以……谢谢你。
Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Shhh! We just got her to go to sleep.
我们才刚让她睡着。
Chandler: Oh so there-there can't be any yelling.
所以现在不能大声吼叫啰?
Monica: No.
没错。
Chandler: We're moving to Tulsa.
我们要搬去土尔沙了。
Monica: What? !
什么?
Chandler: Shhhh! Shhhhh! Shhhhh! Shhhhh! I can't, I can't hear you.
嘘!嘘!嘘!嘘!我……我听不到。
Ross: Hey.
嘿。
Rachel: Hey, where have you been? Ah! What happened to you?
嘿,你去哪了?发生什么事了?
Ross: Ah, I had a little thing with Joey, if you think this is bad, you should see him.
我跟乔伊打了起来,如果你认为这很糟糕,你应该看看乔伊。
Rachel: No, Ross! This is not good, please, we have to talk about this Joey thing. Please sit.
不,罗斯!这真的很糟,我们必须谈谈乔伊这件事。请坐下。
Rachel: All right, you have got to get over this Joey thing, ok? I never really wanted to marry Joey, ok?
好了。你必须放下乔伊这件事好吗?我从未真的想要嫁给乔伊,好吗?
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Rachel: You know what I really really want?
你知道我真的很想、很想要什么吗?
Ross: What, Rachel?
什么?
Rachel: I wanna sleep, I wanna eat, I wanna take a shower, I mean before she wakes up we gotta do this all over again.
我想要睡觉,我想要吃东西,我想要洗澡,我是说,她醒来以后我们又有得忙了。
Ross: Right.
没错。
Rachel: I mean 'cause I-I got news for you mister, Emma, not easy.
因为我必须告诉你,艾玛,一点都不好带。
Ross: Well, that's what I'm here for.
那正是我在这里的用意。
Ross:So Want me to get that?
你要我去吗?
Rachel: No, that's really ok. Monica?
不,真的没关系。莫妮卡?
Monica: Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it! Got it!
来了,来了,来了!
Joey: You know, ah, I've been thinking about this and I gotta tell ya, it's not my fault. It's a natural instinct.
我一直在想,而且我要告诉你,这不是我的错。那是自然的本能。
Chandler: What're you guys talking about?
你们在说什么?
Joey: Hey, great, ok, what would you do if I did this?
好吧,看,如果我这么做你会怎么样?