Monica: No, Mom, everything's going fine, really. Yeah, Ross is great. He's uh, he's in a whole other place. No, he's gone. No no, you don't have to fly back, really. What do you mean this might be your only chance? Would you stop? I'm only 26, I'm not even thinking about babies yet.
没事,妈妈,一切都好,对,Ross很好。他,嗯,他在别的地方。他不在这儿。不不,你们不用飞过来,真的。什么叫这可能是你唯一的机会?别说了行么?我才26岁,我还没想过要孩子的事。
Chandler: Where have you been?
你上哪儿去了?
Joey: Oh, just had a baby.
哦,刚生了个孩子。
Chandler: Mazel tov!
了不起!
Doctor: I don't know, could be an hour, could be three, but relax, she's doing great. So, uh, tell me, are you currently involved with anyone?
说不定,可能是一小时,也可能是三小时,但是请放心,她的状况很好。那么,呃,告诉我,你目前有交往对象吗?
Rachel: No, no, not at the moment, no, I'm not. Are you?
不,没有,现在没有,我没有。你呢?
Doctor: No, no, it's hard enough to get women to go out with me.
没有,我不容易找到对象。
Rachel: Right, yeah, I've heard that about cute doctors.
对,没错,我听过帅哥医生这方面的传闻。
Doctor: No, no, really. I suppose it's because I spend so much time, you know, where I do.
没有,真的。我想是因为我花太多时间在……你知道,我工作上。
Rachel: Oh.
哦。
Doctor: Em, I try not to let my work affect my personal life, but it's hard, when you do...what I do. It's like uh...Well, for instance, what do you do?
嗯,我试着不让工作影响我的生活,但是做这样的工作……很难。就像是……嗯,比如说,你做什么工作?
Rachel: I'm a waitress.
我是服务员。
Doctor: OK, all right, well aren't there times when you come home at the end of the day, and you're just like, 'if I see one more cup of coffee'...
哦,这样,那你下班回家后有时候会不会觉得,"如果我再看见咖啡杯……"
Rachel: Yeah. Gotcha.
是的。我懂。
Doctor: I'm gonna go check up on your friend.
我去看看你朋友。
Rachel: OK. That's fine.
好,很好。
Lydia: So how did you know I was even here?
那你怎么会知道我在这儿?
Guy: Your mom called me. So is this her?
你妈打电话告诉我的。这就是她?
Lydia: No, this is a loaner. Ours is at the shop. God, I hope she has my brains.
不,这是个替代品。我们的还在商店里。天,我希望她头脑方面像我。
Guy: I'm sorry you had to do this by yourself.
抱歉让你自己承担这一切。
Lydia: I wasn't by myself. I had a doctor, a nurse, and a helper guy. So, did you see who won the game?
我不是自己一个。我有大夫有护士,和一个帮忙的。那么,知道谁赢了么?
Guy: Yeah, the Knicks by 10. They suck.
嗯,Knicks赢十分,他们真烂。
Lydia: Yeah, they're not so bad.
嗯,他们也不算太糟。
Ross: Come on, come on.
拜托,拜托。
Susan: I think you're doing it too hard.
我觉得你用太大力了。
Ross: You have to do it hard or else...Damn it, damn it, damn it, damn it. This is all your fault. This is supposed to be, like, the greatest day of my life, you know? My son is being born, and I should be in there, you know, instead of stuck in a closet with you.
就得用力点儿不然……可恶! 可恶! 可恶! 可恶!都是你的错。这本来应该是我这辈子最快乐的日子,你知道么?我儿子即将出生,我应该在那儿,而不应该跟你被困在储藏室里。
Susan: The woman I love is having a baby today. I've been waiting for this just as much as you have.
我心爱的女人今天要生孩子。我和你一样期待。
Ross: No no no, believe me. No one has been waiting for this as much as I have, ok? And you know what the funny thing is? When this day is over, you get to go home with the baby, OK? Where does that leave me?
不不不,相信我。没人像我这样期待,好吧?还有你知道最搞笑的事是什么吗?今天结束了,你可以带着孩子回家,好吧?我有什么?
Susan: You get to be the baby's father. Everyone knows who you are. Who am I? There's Mother's Day, there's Father's Day, there's no... Lesbian Lover Day.
你是孩子的爸爸。大家都知道你是他爸爸。我又是谁?这世上有母亲节,有父亲节,没有女同志节。
Ross: Every day is Lesbian Lover Day.
每天都是女同志节。
Phoebe: This is so great.
真是太好了。
Ross: You wanna explain that?
你想解释一下你刚说的话么?
Phoebe: I mean, well, 'cause when I was growing up, you know my dad left, and my mother died, and my stepfather went to jail, so I barely had enough pieces of parents to make one whole one.And here's this little baby who has like three whole parents who care about it so much that they're fighting over who gets to love it the most. And it's not even born yet. It's just, it's just the luckiest baby in the whole world. I'm sorry. You were fighting.
我是说,就是,我成长过程中,你知道的,我爸爸离家了,我妈妈去世了,我继父又进了监狱,所以我从来没有过完整的父母。但是这个小宝宝呢,他有如此爱他的三个父母,甚至因为谁最爱他而吵架。而且在他还没出生的时候。就是,就是说他是天底下最幸运的孩子。抱歉,你们在吵架。
Carol: Where are they?
他们在哪儿?
Monica: I'm sure they'll be here soon.
我确定他们很快就会来的。
Rachel: Yeah, honey, they wouldn't miss this.
是的,亲爱的,他们不会错过的。
Joey: Relax. You're only at nine centimeters. And the baby's at zero station.
放轻松。你才开了9公分。离孩子出生还早着呢。
Chandler: Hey you are really frightening me. Somebody wanna help me, trying to rip out my heart. Uh, that's great. Anybody seen a nipple?
嘿你真的吓到我了。谁帮我一下,她要把我心脏掏出来。呃,这下好了。谁看见一个乳头了么?
Doctor: All right, ten centimeters, here we go.
好了,十公分,开始了。
Nurse: All right, honey, time to start pushing.
好了,亲爱的,开始用力推。
Carol: But they're not here yet!
但是他们还没来!
Doctor: I'm sorry, I can't tell the baby to wait for them.
抱歉,我不能叫孩子等他们。
Carol: Oh, god.
哦,天啊。
Ross: OK, got the vent open.
好了,通风口打开了。
Phoebe: Hi, I'm Ben. I'm hospital worker Ben. It's Ben to the rescue!
嗨,我是Ben。我是医院工人Ben。Ben来救你们了!
Ross: Ben, you ready?
Ben,准备好了么?
Phoebe: Yeah.
好了。
Ross: All right, give me your foot.
好,把脚给我。
Phoebe: OK.
好。
Ross: OK, on three, Ben. One, two, three. OK. That's it, Ben.
好,数到三Ben。1,2,3。好了。好的Ben。
Phoebe: OK. OK.
好了,好了。
Susan: What do you see?
你能看见什么?
Phoebe: Well, Susan, I see what appears to be a dark vent. Wait. Yes, it is in fact a dark vent.
嗯,Susan,我看见像是黑暗的通气孔的东西。等等。是的,真的是黑暗的通气孔。
Ross: Pheebs, It's open! It's open!
Pheebs,门开了!门开了!
Worker: Wait! You forgot your legs!
等等!你们忘了腿!
All: Push, push!
用力,用力!
Ross: We're here!
我们来了!
Carol: Where have you been?
你们上哪儿去了!
Ross: Long story, honey.
说来话长亲爱的。
Doctor: All right, Carol, I need you to keep pushing. I need, I need... Excuse me, can I have this? Rachel: Oh sorry.
好了,Carol,你需要持续用力推。我需要,我需要……打扰一下,能把这个给我么?哦抱歉。
Nurse: All right, all right, there's a few too many people in this room, and there's about to be one more, so anybody who's not an exhusband or a lesbian life partner, out you go!
好了好了,这里人太多了,而且待会儿又会多一个,所以除了前任丈夫和女同志伴侣,都请出去!
All: Good luck, you guys! Good luck! Good luck!
祝你们好运!好运!好运!
Chandler: Let me ask you, do you have to be Carol's lesbian life partner?
问你一下,一定要是Carol的女同志伴侣才行吗?
Nurse: Out!
出去!
Doctor: All right, all right, he's crowning. Here he comes.
好了好了,他的头露出来了。他出来了。
Ross: Let me see, I gotta see, I gotta see. Ooh, a head. Oh, it's, it's huge. Carol, how are you doing this?
让我看看,我得看看,我得看看。哦,是头。哦,好大,Carol,你是怎么办到的?
Carol: Not helping!
你真是一点忙都帮不上!
Doctor: You're doing great, you're doing fine. Hello!
做的好,做得好。
Ross: Oh, sorry.
喂!哦抱歉。
Susan: What do you see? What do you see?
你看见什么?你看见什么?
Ross: We got a head, we got shoulders, we got arms, we got, oh, look at the little fingers, oh, and a chest, and a stomach. It's... It's a boy, definitely a boy! OK, legs, knees, and feet. Oh, oh. He's here. He's a person.
头出来了,肩膀,手臂,还有,哦,看这些小手指,哦,胸口出来了,肚子。他是……是个男孩,绝对是男孩!好了,腿,膝盖,脚。哦哦,他出来了。他是个人。
Susan: Oh, look at that.
哦看看。
Carol: What does he look like?
他长什么样?
Ross: Kinda like my uncle Ed, covered in JellO.
有点像我叔叔Ed被果冻包裹着。
Carol: Really?
真的?
Phoebe: You guys, he's beautiful!
各位,他真漂亮!
Ross: Oh thanks Pheebs.
哦谢谢你Pheebs。
Susan: No shouting, but we still need a name for this little guy.
不要大喊,我们还是得给宝宝取个名字。
Ross: How about Ben?
Ben怎么样?
Susan: I like Ben.
我喜欢Ben。
Carol: Ben. Ben. Ben's good. How come you never mentioned Ben before?
Ben,Ben。Ben挺好的。你们之前怎么没提过Ben。
Ross: We uh, we just cooked it up.
我们,呃,我们刚想出来的。
Susan: That's what we were off doing.
我们刚才不在就是去想名字了。
Monica: Hi.
嗨。
Ross: Hey.
嘿。
Monica: Can we come in?
我们能进来么?
Ross: Yeah, come in, come in. I know, I know. Everybody, there's someone I'd like you to meet. Yeah. This is Ben. All: Hi Ben. Ross: Ben, this is everybody. Hi,Ben.
当然,进来进来。我知道,我知道。有个人要介绍给你们大家。是的,这是Ben。嗨Ben。Ben,这是大家。
Phoebe: Susan, he looks just like you.
Susan,他长的像你。
Susan: Thanks.
谢谢。
Rachel: Oh, god, I can't believe one of us actually has one of these.
哦,天啊,我真不敢相信我们之中居然有人有孩子了。
Chandler: I know, I still am one of these.
我知道,我自己还是个孩子。
Monica: Ross, can I?
Ross,我能抱么?
Ross: The head, the head. You gotta...
托着头,托着头,你得……
Monica: Hi, Ben. Hi. I'm your Aunt Monica. Yes I am. I'm your Aunt Monica. I...I will always have gum.
嗨Ben。嗨。我是Monica姑姑。是的我是。我是Monica姑姑。我……我这里总有口香糖。
Ross: Ben, I want you to know that there may be some times when I may not be around, um, like this. But I'll still always come back, Iike this. And sometimes I may be away longer, like this. But I'll still always come back, like this.
Ben,我想让你知道有时候我可能会不在你身边,嗯,就像这样。但是我总会回来的,就像这样。然后有些时候我会离开的久一点,就像这样。但是我始终还是会回来的,就像这样。
Chandler: And sometimes, I'll want you to steal third, and I'll go like this.
有时候,如果我想让你抢三垒,我会这样做。
Monica: He is so amazing.
他太神奇了。
Rachel: Oh, I know. Look at him.
哦,是的。你看他。
Joey: Ben, Ben, hey Ben. Nothing. I don't think that's his name.
Ben,Ben,嗨Ben。没反应。我觉得他不喜欢这个名字。
Phoebe: Oh, look, look, he's closing his eyes. Oh, look, he's opening his eyes.
哦快看快看,他闭上眼睛了。哦快看,他张开眼睛了。
Chandler: He doesn't do much, does he?
他不怎么动吧?
Ross: No, this is pretty much it.
这样已算动了。
Rachel: You guys wanna get some coffee?
你们想喝咖啡吗?
All: Yeah.
好的。
Ross: All right, I'll see you guys later.
好吧,待会见。
Phoebe: Oh, look, he's closing his eyes again.
哦快看,他又闭上眼睛了。