手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 老友记(全十季) > 老友记Friends 第六季 > 正文

老友记 第6季:第4集 乔伊没了保险(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机

Rachel: Monica, which of all of this kitchen stuff is mine?

厨房有哪些东西是我的?
Monica: This bottle opener.
这个开罐器。
Rachel: And?
还有呢?
Monica: And it's a magnet!
还有它也是个磁铁!
Rachel: Look at that!
你看!
Ross: How weird is that? You know? You're moving in with me and and you have the one thing I don't have. It's like uh, in a way you you complete me… in kitchen.
多巧啊!你要搬来跟我住,而我就缺一个开罐器。仿佛是你让我变得完整……我是说厨房。
Rachel:What? !
什么?!
Ross: You complete me kitchen, matey!
你让我的厨房变得完整,室友!
Phoebe: Ross, I know what you're thinking.
罗斯,我知道你在想什么。
Ross: What?
什么?
Phoebe: That she's gonna move in with you and then maybe she'll fall in love with you and then when she finds out you're already married, oh she'll just be happy. You know? You're just, you're very sad.
她搬去跟你住之后,或许会爱上你。等她发现你们还有婚姻关系,就会很高兴。你真的很悲哀。
Ross: Oh...my...God! I I see what this is! You are in love with Rachel!
我的天哪!我终于知道了,你爱上瑞秋了。
Phoebe: What? !!
什么!!
Ross: Of course! It all adds up! I mean you you're obsessed with her. It's always, ‘Ross, what're you gonna do about Rachel?’ ‘Ross, why why're you moving in with Rachel?’ ‘When're you gonna confess your secret marriage to Rachel?’ You want her!
没错!这就对了,你迷恋她。“罗斯,瑞秋的事怎么办。”“罗斯,你为何要跟瑞秋住。”“你何时要承认没办注销?” 你想要她!
Phoebe: No!
乱讲!
Ross: Uh oh, saved by the bell. Hello?
电话救了你一命。你好?
Monica: Hey Rach, aren't these candlesticks mine?
瑞秋,这对烛台不是我的吗?
Rachel: No no, I bought those.
不,那是我买的。
Monica: Ohh! Right, I forgot. Rachel: Yeah.
对喔,我忘了。是啊。
Monica: That you're a liar.
忘了你是个骗子。
Ross: No no no, that's great! I'll be there Monday. And thank you again! Ok. Umm. That was the head of the Paleontology Department at N uh, Y, uh U!
不会,太好了,我星期一过去。再次谢谢你,好的。是古生物学的系主任纽,约,大学!
Monica: Wow! Uh what, did he uh, say?
他,说,什么?
Ross: Well remember that paper I had published last year on sediment flow rate, huh? They loved it.
记得我那篇沉积速率论文吗?他们很喜欢!
Rachel: Well, who wouldn't? !
有谁会不喜欢?!
Ross: I know! Anyway, they asked me to be a guest lecturer! I mean it's temporary, but uh, if they like me it could lead to a full time job. How great would that look great on a mailbox, huh? ‘Professor Geller’.
我知道!总之他们要聘我当客座教授!是暂时的,但表现得好就可能转任正职。标在信箱上可帅了:盖勒教授。
Phoebe: Yeah, Professor and Mrs.
是啊,教授与夫人。
Rachel: And Mrs. ?!
与夫人?!
Phoebe: Oh! Yeah, you know, you and Ross are still married.
对,你和罗斯还是夫妻。
Rachel: What? !!
什么?!!
Phoebe: Just kidding!
开玩笑的啦!
Rachel: Ohh! Oh God!
哦!上帝啊!
Phoebe: Saved your ass.
救了你的狗命。
Chandler: Oh, what's the matter?
怎么了?
Phoebe: Well, you know that psychic I see?
你知道我找的通灵者吧?
Chandler: Yeah?
是啊。
Phoebe: Well, she told me that I'm gonna die this week, so I'm kinda bummed about that.
好吧,她说我这个星期会死,所以我有点沮丧。
Chandler: What? !
什么?!
Phoebe: Yeah, and I know you guys don't know a lot about psychic readings, but that one is pretty much the worst one you can get.
我知道你们不太懂通灵术,但这应该算是最糟的预言。
Monica: Phoebe that's crazy!
这太夸张了!
Joey: I can't believe she would say that to you.
我不敢相信她居然咒你死。
Rachel: Yeah honey you don't believe her do you?
你不会相信吧?
Phoebe: I don't she, you know, said that I'd have triplets! But she also said one of them would be black.
她预言过我会生三胞胎,但她也说会有一个黑宝宝。
Chandler: Just out of curiosity did she tell you how you're gonna go?
纯属好奇:她有提到死法吗?
Phoebe: No, 'cause she didn't tell me I was gonna die until the very end of the session.
没有,她到最后才告诉我。
Phoebe: And I was not going to waste a whole another hour there! I mean I've only got a week left, you know? I really gotta start living now!
我不想再跟她耗1小时!我只剩1星期了,我得开始享受人生!
Ross: Hey everyone!
大家好!
Chandler: Oh hi!
嗨!
Ross: Hey uh, well, today's my first lecture and I kinda wanted to try it out on you guys, do you, do you mind?
我今天第一次上课,想找你们演练一下,可以吗?
All: Oh that'd be great. Sure!
好啊,没问题!
Ross: ‘There are three primary theories concerning sediment flow rate.’
沉积速率有三个主要理论。
Ross: ‘Each of these theories can be further subcategorized into two distinct...’
每一个还可以细分为两个……
Phoebe: Oh, this is it. This what's gonna kill me.
我就是这样死的。
Ross: ‘...subcategories. The first of the subcategories is...’
类别,第一个是……
Joey: Uh Ross! Are there uh, are there naked chicks on that piece of paper?
罗斯,你那张纸上有裸女吗?
Ross: No. Why?
没有,怎么了?
Joey: Well, I've just never seen a guy stare so hard at a piece of paper that didn't've naked chicks on it.
我没见过纸上没有裸女,男人还会死盯着看。
Ross: Ohh! Ok! Ok. ‘There are three primary theories concerning sediment flow rate. Each of these theories can be further subcategorized into…’
哦!好!好。沉积速率有三个主要理论。每一个还可以细分为两个……
Chandler: Why don't you open with a joke?
不如以笑话开场?
Ross: Open with a joke? It's a university, not a comedy club!
以笑话开场?那是大学,不是夜总会!
Chandler: Wait a minute, hold the phone! You're not talking about Chuckles University? !
等一下,且慢!不是咯咯窃笑大学吗?!
Ross: Ok!
好!
All: Ohh! No no. We're kidding! Oh, we're kidding!
哦!开玩笑的啦!我们在开玩笑!
Rachel: Ross, hey, you know what might make it less boring?
你知道怎样会比较不无聊?
Ross: Thank you!
谢谢你喔!
Rachel: Some uh, some visual aids.
运用影像辅助。
Joey: Oh ooh ooh! You know what's a good visual aid?
你知道哪种影像辅助最好?
Ross: Please don't say naked chicks.
别跟我说裸女。
Joey: Why not? !
为什么不行?!
Ross: I I I don't even know why I bothered even talked to you guys about it. You know? I'm just gonna do it on my own, with no naked chicks.
真不知道我干嘛找你们商量,我自己解决,不必用裸女。
Chandler: That's the way I did it till I was 19. All right, 20.23.
我19岁之前就是那样。好吧,20岁。23岁。
Joey: Hey! Any good mail?
嘿!有用的信吗?
Chandler: Yes, you got something from the Screen Actor's Guild.
有,演员工会寄信给你。
Joey: Ooh, it's probably a residual check, hey, can you open it for me, I, got, um, seem
可能是重播费,你帮我拆一下,我……
Chandler: ‘Benefits lapsed.’
保险中止。
Joey: Hmm that's weird. I don't remember being in a movie called ‘Benefits Lapsed’.
怪了,我没记得演过这部片。
Chandler: Ok, it's not a check. They're saying your health insurance expired because…You didn't work enough last year.
这不是支票,你的健康保险失效了,因为……你去年的工作时数不够。
Joey: Let me see that!
我看看!
Chandler: All right.
给你。
Joey: Oh, I can't believe this! This sucks! When I had insurance I could get hit by a bus or catch on fire, you know? And it wouldn't matter. Now I gotta be careful? !
不会吧,真糟糕!有保险时我可以被车撞,或是被火烧。都无所谓,现在却得小心?
Chandler: I'm sorry man, there's never a good time to have to stop catching on fire.
真可惜,被火烧这种事……停了总是不好。
Joey: All right, well, I guess I gotta go get a job. I'm gonna go see my agent.
好吧,我得找工作了,我去见经纪人。
Chandler: Ok, make sure you look both ways before you cross the street.
过马路要小心左右来车。
Joey: look both ways before you cross the street.
过马路要小心左右来车。
Rachel: Hey, Pheebs, you're still alive! How are you feeling?
菲比,你还活着!感觉如何?
Phoebe: Ugh, it's so exhausting waiting for death.
等死好累喔。
Phoebe: Ohh, by the way, do you think you…
对了,你能不能……
Rachel: Pheebs, what what're you doing?
菲比,你干什么?
Phoebe: I was preparing you for my death didn't you think I was dead? Did that not come off?
我在替你做心理准备……你没有以为我死了吗?我装得不像吗?
Rachel: Oh yes, scared the hell out of me. I thought we'd lost you forever. Pheebs, you wanna lie down?
像,我吓死了,我还以为我们永别了。你要不要睡一下?
Phoebe: Yeah, thanks.
好,谢谢。
Phoebe: And listen, can you do me a favor? Could you just umm, wake me up in a couple hours, you know if you can.
对了,帮我一个忙两个小时后叫我,如果还叫得醒的话。
Rachel: Monica! Diddid you take these back?
莫妮卡!这是你放回去的?
Monica: No, no, I I just, I liked them so much that I went out and bought some for myself.
不是,我很喜欢,就去买了一对。
Rachel: Oh, yeah, they're really great! Aren't they?
真的很好看对吧?!
Monica: I loved them!
我爱死它们了!
Rachel: Yeah. Nice try!
想耍诈!
Ross: Hello!
嗨!
Monica: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: How'd the lecture go?
课上得怎样?
Ross: It went great!
很顺利!
Ross: And I didn't need any jokes or naked chicks either!
既不需要笑话,也不需要裸女!
Rachel: Wow, that's great Ross, I'm sorry we weren't more supportive before.
太好了,抱歉之前没有好好帮忙。
Ross: I knew all I had to do was let the material speak for itself. And everyone's all, ‘Ross you have to be funny and sexy.’
我就知道教材充实最重要。每个人都说 “你得表现得风趣又性感”。
Ross: Well, I proved them wrong! And now, I'm gonna pass the news on to Joey and Chandler.
我证明他们错了。我现在就去告诉乔伊和钱德。
Monica: That you're not funny or sexy?
说你不风趣也不性感的消息吗?
Ross: That's right!
没错!
Joey: Hey Estelle, listen…
艾斯黛,听着……
Estelle: Well! Well! Well!
瞧!瞧!瞧!
Estelle: Joey Tribbiani! So you came back, huh? They think they can do better but they all come crawling back to Estelle!
乔伊崔比亚尼!回来了是吧?每个人都以为走比较好,但最后都爬回来求艾斯黛!
Joey: What're you talking about? I never left you! You you've always been my agent!
你在说什么?我哪有离开,你一直是我的经纪人!
Estelle: Really? !
是吗?!
Joey: Yeah!
是啊!
Estelle: Oh well, no harm, no foul.
好吧,我没恶意,你别在意。
Joey: Look, Estelle, you gotta get me some work. I I lost my health insurance.
艾斯黛,你得帮我找工作,我的保险没了。
Estelle: All right, first thing we gotta do, damage control.
好,首先得控制损失。
Joey: Why?
为什么?
Estelle: Well, I think uhh, someone out there may have been bad mouthing you all over town.
我觉得可能有人在城里到处给你造谣呢。
Joey: Bastard!
畜生!
Rachel: Well, we're a little early, the lecture doesn't end for 15 minutes.
我们来早了,还有15分钟才下课。
Monica: Yeah, but you know what, we could sneak in and watch.
我们可以溜进去看。
Rachel: Yeah, we could.
好。
Rachel: There's some Kappa Kappa Deltas! I was a Kappa. Hey sisters! Wow, we really are bitches.
看,“背靠背”姐妹会的人,我以前也是,嗨!姐妹们!我们还真是犯贱。
Ross: Right! So when Rigby got his samples back from the laboratory. He made a startling discovery! What he believed to be igneous, was in fact sedimentary. Imagine his consternation when Oh bloody hell.
好,瑞格比从实验室,取回样本后。有了惊人的发现!他原以为那是火山物质,其实是沉积物。想象一下他有多震惊吧……糟糕。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 
lecturer ['lektʃərə]

想一想再看

n. 演讲者,讲师

 
bastard ['bæstəd]

想一想再看

adj. 私生的,错误的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋

联想记忆
magnet ['mægnit]

想一想再看

n. 磁体,磁铁,有强大吸引力的人或物

 
liar ['laiə]

想一想再看

n. 说谎者

联想记忆
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
obsessed [əb'sest]

想一想再看

adj. 着迷的

联想记忆
curiosity [.kjuəri'ɔsiti]

想一想再看

n. 好奇,好奇心

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。