Phoebe: But no, you have to get our money!
但是,莫,你拿了我们的钱。
Monica: Oh, Phoebe, she couldn't stop crying! With those thick glasses, her tears looked giant.
哦,菲比,她不停的哭!从那些厚眼镜片里看,她的泪珠特别的大。
Phoebe: I know, it's tough. You know, first thing I did after my mother's funeral was?
我知道,这很难。你知道我母亲葬礼后我做的第一件事是什么?
Monica: What?
什么?
Phoebe: Pay the caterer! Look, I've had a lot of jobs, ok, and there are some people who just always try to get out of paying.
付钱给承包宴会的人!我在工作经常碰到这种事,有些人不打算付钱。
It's either, you know, "that massage wasn't long enough, or, "I don't recognize any of those songs," or, you know, "these sombreros aren't big enough. Bad little white girl!"
比如说,你知道,"按摩时间好像不够长"或者,"我并不认可这些歌,"或者,你知道,这些宽边帽不怎么大,小姑娘!
Monica: Ok. So what do you...you think she's faking?
好的,那么你认为她是在装?
Phoebe: Well, it seems like there weren't any tears till you showed her the bill.
是的,看上去在你给她看帐单之前好像没什么眼泪。
Monica: Phoebe, she sounded pretty upset to me.
菲比,她的声音真的让我难受。
Mrs. Burkart: You're a grand old flag, you're a high-flying flag, and forever in peace may you wave...
(唱歌......)
Phoebe: She seems fine now.
现在似乎没事了。
Mrs. Burkart:...emblem of the land I love. The home of...
(唱歌......)
Joey: So, you just left? Her place was really that bad?
那么,你真的离开了?她的房间真的这么差?
Ross: You know how you throw your jacket on a chair at the end of the day?
你知道,每天回家时把夹克扔到椅子上。
Joey: Hmm.
嗯。
Ross: Well, like that, only instead of a chair, it's a pile of garbage.
好的,就象这样,有件东西取代了椅子,是一堆垃圾。
And instead of a jacket, it's a pile of garbage. And instead of the end of the day, it's the end of time, and garbage is all that has survived! Here.
有件东西取代了夹克,也是一堆垃圾。还有件东西取代了回家的时候,是世界末日,幸存的只有垃圾!拿去。
Joey: Wow. Thanks. So, uh, what happened?
谢了,然后呢?
Ross: What do you mean? Nothing happened! I had to get out of there.
你什么意思?什么也没发生!我只有离开了。
Joey: All right, so...next time, you take her to your place.
好,那么,下次你带她去你那儿。
Ross: No, I tried that. She says it has a weird smell.
不,我试过了。她说我那儿有股怪味。
Joey: What kind of smell?
什么怪味?
Ross: I don't know. Soap?
不晓得,香皂味?
Joey: All right, listen, Ross...you like this girl, right?
好,听着,罗斯,你喜欢她,对么?
Ross: Yeah.
对。
Joey: You wanna see her again, right?
你想再见到她,对么?
Ross: Yeah.
对。
Joey: So you're gonna have to do it in the mess!
那你就得在垃圾堆里做!
Ross: Yeah, ok, you're right.
好吧,你说得对。
Joey: Yeah.
对。
Ross: I mean, uh, who...cares about a little sloppiness?
我是说,呃,谁......谁在乎一点脏东西?
Joey: Yeah!
对!
Ross: It's, uh...it's endearing, really.
这,呃,这很可爱,真的。
Joey: All right! Now you go get that beautiful pig! Oink!
好!现在你去找这头漂亮的猪!
Chandler: Ok, all right. I just spent the entire afternoon looking for a present for Kathy that would be better than the rabbit.
好,好。我花了整个下午去给凯茜找一件比这本兔子更好的礼物。
Rachel: Any luck?
有找到吗?
Chandler: Oh, yeah. Yeah, I found this great place called "Invisible things for Kathy." Can you give me a hand with all this stuff?
哦,对,我找到了个"凯茜看不见的东西"你能不能帮我一把?
Rachel: All right, look. Why don't you just return the book, let Joey give her the clock pen, and you get her something worse than that. Like...a regular pen.
好,这样,你为什么不退掉这本书,让乔伊送她那支带表的笔?然后你送一件更差的礼物。比如普通的笔。
Chandler: She's really gonna love this, you know? The bottom line is I want her to have it, even if I don't get to be the one who gives it to her.
她真的会喜欢这个,你知道?重要的是把这个送给她,即使她不知道是谁送的。
Rachel: Aw, honey, that's so sweet.
啊,亲爱的,你真好。
Chandler: Yeah? You don't think it's just pathetic?
你不觉得很可悲吗?
Rachel: Oh! Pathetic!
是,“可悲”!
Joey: Hey! I'm meeting Kathy in ten minutes! I've been looking all over for you!
嗨!我十分钟前遇见了凯茜!我到处在找你!
Chandler: Where?
在哪里找?
Joey: Our place, the hall! I...
咱们那儿,客厅!我......
Chandler: I got something for her. It's a book!
我给她买了礼物。是本书!
Joey: A book? Is it like a book that's also a safe?
书?是本书也是保险箱?
Chandler: No, it's a book that's just a book, ok? It's an early edition of the Velveteen Rabbit. It was her favorite book as a kid. So, uh, just...let me know if she likes it, ok?
不,就是本书。好吧。这是绒毛兔的最初版本,这是她小时候最喜欢的书那么,如果她喜欢,告诉我,OK?
Joey: Oh you got it. Thanks man. Thanks for doing this, I owe you one.
好的。谢谢你,我欠你的。
Joey: Oh, hey! There wasn't any change from that twenty, was there?
哦,嘿!给你的20块钱有找了没有?
Chandler: No, it came out to an even twenty.
不,不只20块呢。
Joey: Wow. That's almost as much as a new book.
哇,跟新书差不多贵。
Mrs. Burkart: Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those peepers? Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those eyes?
(唱歌......)
Phoebe: You didn't get the money, did you?
还是没要到,对吧?
Monica: Maybe I can try at intermission? Oh Phoebe, come on, you know what? Let's just go!
也许我该在间断的时候去?菲比,拜托,你知道,走吧!
Phoebe: No! Hey, we're not leaving until we get paid! I don't know who she thinks she is! I was talking to the florist. She didn't get paid either.
不!嘿,她付钱之前我们决不离开!我真不知道她把自己当谁了!
Or the limo driver, or the priest, and he can get the dead guy damned for all eternity.
我问过,花店也没拿到钱,还有灵车司机和神父,但他可以咒那个死人不得超生。
Monica: Well, I'm, I'm not going back out there.
我不用再回去了。
Phoebe: Fine! Enough is enough! Hey, widow?
好,我受够了,喂,寡妇?
Mrs. Burkart: Come on along and listen to...
(唱歌......)
Phoebe: Ok, Widow!
寡妇!
Mrs. Burkart:...the lullaby of...
(唱歌......)
Phoebe:'Scuse me. 'Scuse me! Thanks. Um, clearly this is a very, very hard time for you.
对不起。对不起!谢谢。显然这是你非常难过的时候。
Um, but, um, we provided a service, and we deserve to be paid because you ate that service, and, um, we are not leaving here until we're paid every penny.
呃,但是,我们提供了服务,我们应该得到报酬因为你吃了这些服务。而且,在你付清每一分钱之前我们绝不走。
Cause you know what, lady? We're part time caterers, and we have no place else to go.
你知道为什么吗,女士?我们只是临时承包商,而且我们没别的地方可以去!
Mrs. Burkart: All right. I'll get my bag.
好,我去拿皮包。
Phoebe: Good.
好。
Monica: I'm gonna leave some cards here. Please, think of us for you next event.
我留下几张名片。下次丧事找我们。
Cheryl: So you wanna come inside?
那么你打算进来么?
Ross: Yes. Yes I do.
是的,我想。
Cheryl: I'll be right back. Make yourself comfortable.
我马上回来,你随便坐。
Cheryl: Guess who?
猜猜我是谁?
Ross: Eh, department of Sanitation?
卫生部的?
Cheryl: It's me!
是我。
Ross: Oh! Ah. Aw!
哦!
Cheryl: What?
怎么了?
Ross: Ah, Cheryl!
啊,谢丽!
Cheryl: Oh, Ross!
哦,罗斯!
Cheryl: Wait! No! No! No! It's my hamster! It's Mitzi!
等等!不!住手!是我的老鼠!是米兹!
Ross: Oh my god! I'm so sorry, Cheryl. I must have freaked out.
天啊,对不起,谢丽。我一定是吓坏了。
Cheryl: Oh, thank god, it's not Mitzi. It's just a rat.
哦,谢天谢地,不是米兹。只是只一般的老鼠。
Rachel: I did it! Oh! I finished it! I did it all by myself! And there's nobody to hug!
我做到了!哦!我完成了!我自己把它都做出来了!可是却没有人和我拥抱!
Gunther: Move!
闪开!
Rachel: Hey! Hey, you guys, I finished the crossword all by myself! Hug me!
嘿,你们,我自己完成了猜字游戏!拥抱我!
Phoebe: Yay...so good.
太棒了!
Monica: Congratulations!
恭喜!
Rachel: Thank you! Hey, how'd the catering go?
谢谢,宴会怎么样?
Monica: Oh, it was great! The widow wouldn't pay, so Phoebe yelled at her till she did.
哦,太棒了!寡妇不肯付钱,于是菲比对她大吼直到她付钱为止。
Phoebe: Yeah. I'm a hard ass.
没错,我是狠角色。
Monica: And I'm a wuss. And we should be partners.
而我是软脚虾,我们应该联手。
Phoebe: Yeah. Hard Ass and Wuss. We could fight crime!
是啊 狠角色和软脚虾,我们可以对抗犯罪!
Monica: Wait a minute, Phoebe! We should be partners. We should be catering partners.
等一下,菲比!我们可以成为搭档。我们成为承包商搭档!
I mean, think about it! You-you're not working right now, and we have such a great time together!
我是说,想想看!你现在没有工作,我们可以长时间在一起!
Phoebe: Ok!
好。
Monica: I can cook and you can take care of the money.
我下厨,你管钱。
Phoebe: Yeah. Oh! It'll be like I have a wife in the fifties!
好,哦!就好像五十年代的人讨了个老婆!
Both: Aah!
啊!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Chandler: Hey, how'd it go? How'd she like the gift?
嗨,怎么样?她喜欢这个礼物么?
Joey: Oh, man, she loved it! She's over there showing Monica and Rachel right now.
哦,兄弟,她爱死这个了!她现在去给莫妮卡和瑞秋看呢。
Chandler: Oh yeah? That's great!
是吗?太好了!
Joey: Yeah, listen, I gotta tell ya, I feel kinda bad taking credit for this, because man, am I gonna get a lot of credit for this!
嗨,听着,我得说,把功劳都给我,我感觉不太好,因为我得到的好处可真会不少。
Chandler: Aahhuuhhh...
哈哈。
Kathy: Hey.
嗨。
Joey: Hey!
嗨!
Chandler: Hey! Happy birthday.
嘿,生日快乐!
Kathy: Thank you!
谢谢!
Joey: You know, uh...Chandler got you a gift, too.
钱德也有礼物要送你。
Chandler: No he didn't.
他没有。
Joey: Yeah, he did, look...look, it's right there on the counter! Ha-ho-ho!
他有,看,看,就在桌子上!呵呵!
Chandler: Happy birthday! I'm sorry.
生日快乐!我很抱歉!
Kathy: You really didn't have to. Wow.
你何必破费,喔!
Chandler: See, you think it's just a pen, but then you-you turn it over and it's also a clock.
你以为这是一支笔,其实转过来还有时钟。
Kathy: Yeah. No, this is great. Thank you, Chandler. .
好棒的礼物,谢谢你,钱德。
Chandler: Oh, yeah- yeah.
不客气。
Joey: Ah. Hm. Wanna go to bed?
啊。什么时候上床?
Kathy: I'll be in in a minute.
我马上就来。
Joey: Ok. Oh, uh...don't forget your coupon...
别忘了你的优待券。
Chandler: Goodnight.
晚安。
Kathy: Um, thank you for the gift.
谢谢你的礼物。
Chandler: Oh, uh, yeah...I just, I just knew that sometimes when you're writing, you...you don't always know the exact time.
哦,是的,我知道你有些时候会写字。你,你有时候不知道时间。
Kathy: No, I...I didn't mean the pen. Thank you for the book.
我,我不是说这支笔,谢谢你那本书。
Chandler: Uh, the book?
书?
Kathy: The Velveteen Rabbit. Kind of have the feeling you had something to do with it.
《棉绒兔》我觉得跟你有关。
Chandler: What do you mean?
什么意思?
Kathy: Well, uh, when Joey gave it to me, he said, "This is 'cause I know you like Rabbits, and I know you like cheese."
是的,乔伊给我的时候,他说,送你这个因为你喜欢兔子,也喜欢奶酪。
Thanks. I love it. And I know how hard it must have been for you to find.
谢谢。我很喜欢。而且我知道这很不好找。
Chandler: Uhl. ell. By the way, in case you missed that, that sound was, "Uhl, ell."
哦哇。顺便说一下,你忘了这个,听起来象是"哦哇。"
Kathy: You must really like...Joey...to go to all that trouble for him.
你一定很喜欢乔伊,才会这么费心。
Chandler: Oh, yeah, he's my...Uh, he's my best friend.
是啊,他是,他是我最要好的朋友。
Kathy: Well...
好......
Chandler: Goodnight.
晚安。
Joey: Hey, that coupon expires, you know.
嘿,你知道么,优待券会过期的。
Monica: Hi. Uh, you...you don't know me, I'm Monica Geller...Ross's sister.
嗨。你不认识我,我是莫妮卡。盖勒......罗斯的妹妹。
Cheryl: Oh, yeah. Oh, you know, it's too bad that didn't work out.
哦,对,你知道,实在太糟糕了,我们分手了。
Monica: Yeah. Anyway, he told me about your apartment. And, um, I-I couldn't sleep, thinking about it. So, uh, would it be ok if I cleaned it?
对,他跟我说了你的公寓。我听了之后想着它根本睡不着。那么你能让我打扫一下么?
Monica: No? I won't be able to sleep!
不行吗?我会睡不着。