A nautilus shell,
鹦鹉螺
one of nature's many examples of a logarithmic spiral.
自然界中对数螺旋的例证之一
And a symbol for a very dangerous competition
也是一场危险比赛的象征
going on across the global every 27 days.
全球范围内每隔27天进行一次
Competition? Sounds invigorating.
比赛 好振奋人心
Samaritan is behind it.
撒马利亚人是幕后主使
I need to know why.
我要知道原因
She's not saying.
她不说
But I can guess. Samaritan's recruiting.
但我猜得出 撒马利亚人在招募
Recruiting?
招募
What kind of person would pique its interest?
它会对什么人感兴趣呢
What kind of person are you worried it might take?
你怕它招募到什么人呢
Her name is Claire.
她叫克莱尔
And what's so special about this Claire?
这位克莱尔有何非常之处呢
She's a chess grand master
她是国际象棋大师
who's defeated three separate A.I.s.
打败过三台人工智能机
She'll walk right out in traffic to break a code.
她不惜站在马路中央只为破解代码
She's fearless,
她天不怕地不怕
and she has nothing left to lose.
无牵无挂
Funny, take away the chess,
有意思 除了象棋之外
I could've sworn you were describing someone else.
你形容的简直就像另外一个人
You.
你
You want to know why Samaritan wants Claire?
想知道为什么撒马利亚人要克莱尔吗
Because she'll do anything it asks, no questions.
因为她听令行事 绝不质疑
Frightening thought.
真可怕
And now you're trying to figure out if you can
你在挣扎自己要不要
risk compromising your carefully crafted cover identity
冒着精心制作的身份被曝光的危险
to help save poor Claire.
帮忙拯救可怜的克莱尔
Or step aside so that we stay alive to help others.
或者明哲保身 保存有生力量 帮助其他人
You really want me to ask the machine, Harold?
你真要我问机器的意见吗 哈罗德
You know what she's gonna say.
你知道她会怎么说
No, what's that?
不知道 会怎么说
What you taught her...
你教她的
that humans must make their own choices.
人类必须自己做出选择