And that when Mr. and Mrs. Solis, fearing for the welfare of this helpless child, fled the hospital.
那是为何Solis夫妇担心这个无助的孩子的幸福,离开了医院。
You mean they kidnapped her?
你是说他们绑架了她?
Well, technically that true, but given the situation that led up to the rescue...
技术上,是的。但是考虑到他们的行为是解救…
Kidnapping.
绑架。
Your honor. Yes. In retrospect, the plan was a little bit rash, not entirely well thought out.
法官大人,是的。他们并没有计划,很匆忙的。
Idiotic.
愚蠢。
Can we object to that?
我们能说"反对"吗?
Shh!
嘘。
But the child is safe, your honor.
但是婴儿是安全的,法官大人。
And all we ask the court is to allow baby Lily a lifetime of the care and love she has been receiving from the Solis?
我们请求法庭允许将Lily交给会一生照顾和爱护她的solis夫妇?
As much as your story tugs at my heart, there is the issue of parental rights. What does the state have to say about this?
尽管你的故事很打动我,还是有相关的监护权问题。对此州检察官有何意见吗?
We have located the biological father, Mr. Dale Helm.
我们找到了生父,Dale helm先生。
Unfortunately, uh, circumstances require that he be out of town. He’s in Fort Lauderdale today.
不巧的是,他现在不在城里,他今天在fort Lauderdale。
On business?
商务旅行?
Spring break actually. Mr. Helm is a high school student.
实际上是春假,Helm先生是一个高中生。
Charming. In between keg stands, did the father happen to mention if he plans to waive parental rights?
有趣。在争夺中,这位父亲是否有计划行使监护权呢?
I’ve left a number of voice mails, butthe only response I’ve gotten is a text message that says
我留下了一些语音信息,但只得到了一条短信息的回复。
this blows his mind and he’s extremely bummed out.
他说,他十分吃惊,沮丧。
All right. Mr. and Mrs. Solis. Since you actually want Lily, it seems you're the lesser of two evils.
好了。Solis先生和夫人,鉴于你们十分关心Lily,两害相权取其轻。
I’m granting you temporary custody until we can get a straight answer from the birth father.
我将赋予你们临时的监护权。直到我们从这个生父,那里得到明确的答复。
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢。法官大人。
In the meantime, try not to steal any more babies.
与此同时,不要再偷婴儿了。
Oh, we just needed the one.
哦,我们只需要这一个。