Hello. Hi.
你好 嗨
I'm Ben Whittaker. I received an e-mail
我是本·维迪克 我收到了一份关于面试
about an interview for the senior intern program.
老年实习生的邮件
Hey, Ben. How's it goin'?
嘿 本 你好吗?
It's going good, real good. Thank you.
很好 真的很好 谢谢
Excellent. Take a seat around the corner,
棒极了 在那边的角落里坐一下
and someone from talent acquisition will come get you.
等一下人才招聘组的人会去找你
Thank you.
谢谢
Talent acquisition?
人才招聘组?
There's gonna be a couple of interviews today, Ben.
今天会有好几个人面试 本
We wanna make sure that we both find the right fit.
我希望确保我们能彼此都满意
"Business as usual" is not really our motto,
有时候做生意并不是我们的宗旨
so we hope you have some fun here.
所以我们希望你能在这里找到乐趣
This is the first time we are hiring senior interns,
这是我们第一次招聘老年实习生
so some of our intern questions
所以有些面试实习生的问题
may not exactly fit your profile,
并不适合你们
but we're gonna go for it anyway, okay?
但我们还是得例行问一下 好吗?
Fire away.
问吧
Okay, good. Where'd you go to school?
好的 没问题 你是哪所学校毕业的?
I went to Northwestern.
我是西北大学毕业的
Hey, my brother went to Northwestern.
嘿 我哥哥也是西北大学毕业的
Probably not at the same time.
可能不是同一时间段的
Probably not. He graduated in 2009.
应该不是 他是2009年毕业的
Class of '65.
我是65年的
Wow, what was your major? Do you remember?
哇哦 你是什么专业的? 你还记得吗?
And after Northwestern, you went on to...
那从西北大学毕业后你去了...?
I went to work for Dex One.
我去了德克斯工作
Okay, and they made...
好的 那他们是做...?
Phonebooks.
电话簿
I was in charge of overseeing the printing
我是负责监督
of the physical phonebook.
电话簿的印刷
I did that for over 20 years,
这工作我做了20年 在那之前
and before that I was their VP of sales and advertising.
我是他们营销广告部门的副总
So, do they still make phonebooks?
那么他们还在做电话簿吗?
I mean, doesn't everyone just Google numbers?
我是说 现在人们难道不都是谷歌号码的吗?
I believe they do, but before Google that was how you got...
现在的确如此 但是在有谷歌之前 他们是用这种方式查号码的
Oh, no, no. Yeah, I get it.
不 是的 我... 我明白了
So 40 years at the phonebook company?
所以 在电话簿公司工作了40年?
That is amazing, seriously.
真的棒极了 我是说真的
Okay, Benjamin. Now, I'm gonna ask you one of
好吧 本杰明 现在 我要问你一个我们会问
our more telling questions for all of our interns,
所有实习生的问题
so I want you to, like, this is the one to really think about, okay?
这真的是一个需要思考的问题 明白吗?
And take your time.
你... 可以好好思考一下
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
你觉得10年后的你会是怎样?
When I'm 80?
当我80岁的时候吗?
Yeah, sure. Yeah, whatever. Um...
是的 没错 是的 随便吧 呃...
Wait. Did not realize you were 70.
等下 我没意识到你已经70岁了
That question just doesn't work for you, does it?
这真是 呃... 这问题对你来说没什么意义 对吗?
Should we just scratch that one and just move on?
那我们能不能跳过这一问题继续下一个问题?
It's your call, Justin. Okay, that one's gone.
随便你 贾斯汀 好的 那接下来
You look great, by the way, so great,
你看起来棒极了 真的非常棒
and you're clearly more than qualified for this job.
明显你是非常能胜任这一职位的
You're actually, like, way overqualified,
您真的 真的资历太高了
and we were so impressed.
实在让我们印象深刻
You had great interviews, great video.
你的面试很棒 求职视频也很棒
You nailed it, Ben. Congrats.
你做到了 本 恭喜你