1、turn around
(使)调转方向;(使)转向
Bud turned the truck around, and started back for Dalton Pond.
巴德把卡车掉头,开始返回多尔顿池。
He had reached over to turn round a bottle of champagne so that the label didn't show.
他伸手把香槟转了一下,这样它的商标就不会露出来。
(使)复苏;(使)好转
Turning the company around won't be easy.
盘活那家公司绝非易事。
In his long career at BP, Horton turned around two entire divisions.
霍顿在英国石油公司漫长的职业生涯中曾经让两个部门整体上起死回生。
改变(问题、句子或想法的)表达方式
Now turn the question around and start looking not for what you did wrong in the past, but for what you can do to make things better in the future.
现在换个角度考虑问题,开始不要去想你过去做错了什么,而考虑一下怎样才能日后做得更好。
It's an example of how you can turn around the sentence and create a whole new meaning.
那个例子告诉你如何改变一个句子使其表达出完全不一样的意思。
2、appreciate
欣赏;鉴赏;赏识
Anyone can appreciate our music.
任何人都能欣赏我们的音乐。
In time you'll appreciate the beauty and subtlety of this language.
总有一天你会体会到这门语言的优美和微妙之处。
领会;了解;认识
She never really appreciated the depth and bitterness of the Irish conflict.
她从来没有真正认识到爱尔兰矛盾的深刻和激烈。
He appreciates that co-operation with the media is part of his professional duties.
他懂得与媒体合作是自己工作职责的一部分。
感谢;感激
Peter stood by me when I most needed it. I'll always appreciate that.
当我最需要的时候,彼得在我身边支持我。我将永存感激。
Thanks, lads. I appreciate it.
谢了,哥们儿。我很感激。