The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,《返老还童》
A:Your drinks.
甲:你们的酒。
B:I don't mean to be rude...but your hands, is that painful?
乙:我希望不会太冒失了…不过你的手,疼吗?
A:I was born with some form of disease.
甲:我生下来就有病。
B:What kind of disease?
乙:什么病?
A:I was born old.
甲:我生来就很老。
B:I'm sorry.
乙:真遣憾。
A:No need to be. Nothing wrong with old age.
甲:不用遗憾,老又不是错。
B:My wife passed away many years ago.
乙:我妻子多年前就死了。
A:I'm so sorry.
甲:真是十分遗憾。
B:She died in childbirth. To children.
乙:她死于分娩。为了孩子们。
A:To mothers. What line of work are you in, Mr Button?
甲:致母亲们。您是做什么行业的,巴顿先生?
B:Buttons. Button's Buttons. There isn't a button we don't make. Our biggest competition is B.F. Goodrich and his infernal zippers.
乙:纽扣。巴顿纽扣行。没有我们生产不了的纽扣。我们最大的竞争对手是B.F.富善公司,还有他们那讨厌的拉链。
A:Would you gentlemen like anything else?
甲:你们还要来点什么吗?
B:One for the road, Benjamin?
乙:最后再来一杯吗,本杰明?
A:Only if you let me pay for it, Mr. Button.
甲:除非你让我来付这杯酒钱,巴顿先生。