The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:Hang on, hang on. Do you not realize what we just did?
甲:等等,等等。你不会没发觉我们刚做了什么吧?
B:Yeah, you turned your stereo down with your laptop.
乙:当然,你们用笔记本把声音调小了。
A:Uh, no. We turned our stereo down by sending a signal around the world via the Internet.
甲:噢,不。我们是通过网络发送了一个信号,信号周游世界一圈后把音响声关小了。
B:Oh, you know you can get one of those universal remotes at Radio Shack?They are really cheap.
乙:哦,你知道你可以在无线电广播室拿一个这样的全球遥控装置,价格相当便宜。
A:No, no. No, you don't get it. Uh, Howard, enable public access.
甲:不,不。你还是没明白。呃,霍华德,启动公用通路。
B:Public access enabled.
乙:公共通路启动。
A:Boy, that's terrific, but I'll see ya.
甲:小子,不错哈,回见。
B:No, hang on, hang on... see?
乙:别,等等,等等。瞧见没?
A:No.
甲:不懂。
B:Someone in Sichuan province, China is using his computer to turn our lights on and off.
乙:在中国的四川省,有个人在用他的电脑在控制我们的台灯。
A:Huh, that's handy. Um, here's a question. Why?
甲:呵,那可真方便,可问题是,为什么?
B:Howard, Rajesh, Sheldon, Leonard: Because we can.
乙:因为我们有才。