So, what, are you Buddhist, or something?
那,你是佛教徒吗?或者信什么教呢?
No.
不是。
No? Why not?
不是?为什么不是?
I don't know. The same reason I don't really consider myself anything, really.
我也不知道。同样,我也不会标榜自己属于任何信仰。
Yeah, I know. I decided a long time ago that I was gonna be open to everything but not buy into any one and only belief system.
是啊,我理解。很久前我就决定,我可以敞开接受任何想法,但是不会执迷于唯一的一种信仰体系。
I went to this Trappist monastery a couple years ago.
几年前,我曾经去过一所苦修派修道院。
Trappist?
苦修派?
Yeah, they're Catholic. Cistercian.
是的,天主教。西多教派的。
Why did you do that?
你为什么要去那?
Why? I'd been doing some reading, I guess.
为什么?我想可能就是去读些书吧。
Thought it'd be cool. Have you ever spent any time with monks or nuns?
我觉得那很酷,你曾经和修士和修女生活在一起过吗?
No. It's not really my style. No? -No.
没有,那不是我的风格。-没有?-没有。
Go ahead. -Well, I expected them to be all glowering and stern, but they weren't.
你继续说。-我本来以为他们都是怒目而视,严厉苛刻的,但是他们不是。
They were quick to laugh, really easy to be around.
他们笑声爽朗,非常好相处。
Seriously, very attuned to everything, they were just...You know, they weren't trying to hustle anybody.
真的,他们对一切都很宽容,他们只是...你懂吗,他们不会去试图强迫任何人。
They're trying to live and die in peace with God, you know, or whatever part of them they feel is eternal. It was just so refreshing to be around.
他们只是想平静的生存,死去,与上帝在一起。或和他们信奉的其他的、认为是永恒的东西在一起。跟他们在一起有种焕然一新的感觉。
You know, you realize that most of the people that you meet are trying to get somewhere better.
你懂吗,你会发现你遇到的绝大多数人都是想要过的更好。
You know, they're trying to make more cash, trying to get a little more respect, have more people admire them, you know. It's just exhausting. -No kidding.
赚更多的钱啦,赢得更多的尊敬啊,让更多人称赞自己啊之类的。太累了。-没错。
You know, it's exhausting to be one of those people yourself.
要是你自己也成为这样的人,真是太累了。
I mean, there I...There I am, right? You know, all greedy to be more spiritual, you know. "l want to be a better person" you know? You can't escape.
我是说,我就是这样的,对吧?你知道的,所有的贪婪越来越趋向精神层面。就像“我想成为一个更好的人”,你懂吧?这是你也不能免俗的。
I had this boyfriend of mine, many years ago, that wanted to be a Buddhist. So he went to Asia to visit some of those monasteries.
好多年前,我有个男友想做佛教徒。然后他去了亚洲,去拜访那里的寺院。
Yeah, I've thought about doing that too.
是啊,我也想过去那些地方。
Yeah, you should. I'll tell you why.
那你应该去,我告诉你为什么。
Aaa, he was quite good looking, and each time he went to one of the monasteries, a monk offered to suck his cock. True story.
啊,他长得很帅,每次他去那些寺院的时候,都会有僧侣愿意为他口交。真的。
Well, it all comes down to that, doesn't it? I mean, I think that's why I really admire what you're doing. You know?
好吧,最后都会变成这样,对吧?我是说,这就是为什么我很欣赏你做的事,你懂吧?
What do you mean? Sucking cock?
你什么意思,口交?
Ah, no...-No? Wrong answer.
啊,不... -不是?我猜错了?
No. I was gonna say...you know, you're not detached from life. You know, you're putting your passion into action.
不是。我想说的是,你不是那种超然生活的人。你不止有激情,而真的实施了。
Well, I'll try.
这个嘛,起码我努力这样做。