1、discover
发现(以前不知道的事实)
She discovered that they'd escaped.
她发现他们已经逃跑了。
I discovered I was pregnant.
我发现自己怀孕了。
(偶然)发现;找到(一直在寻找的某人或某物)
A few days later his badly beaten body was discovered on a roadside outside the city.
几天后,他的尸体在城外的路边被发现,身上有被严重殴打过的痕迹。
初次接触(某活动并乐在其中)
I wish I'd discovered photography when I was younger.
我要是早点接触到摄影技术就好了。
Discover the delights and luxury of a private yacht.
体验私人游艇的乐趣和奢华。
2、confuse
混淆;搞错
Great care is taken to avoid confusing the two types of projects.
大家非常谨慎,以免把这两类项目弄混。
I can't see how anyone could confuse you with another!
我不明白怎么会有人把你和另外一个人搞混!
把…弄糊涂;使困惑
German politics surprised and confused him.
德国政治既令他惊讶,又让他困惑不解。
搅乱;使复杂化
To further confuse the issue, there is an enormous variation in the amount of sleep people feel happy with.
使问题进一步复杂化的是,每个人需要的睡眠时间千差万别。
3、turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
(尤指天气突然)变得(晴好)
It's turned out nice again.
天气又突然转好了。
原来是;结果发现
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong...
科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。
关掉,熄灭(电灯、煤气等)
I'll just play until the janitor comes round to turn the lights out.
我会一直玩到门房过来熄灯。