Garrett would never go along with something like this,
加勒特不可能同意的
even if he hates my guts.
就算他恨我入骨
It would make him look weak,
这会让他显得无力
like he's lost control of the administration.
好像他控制不住自己的政府
Not if it was a mutual decision.
如果这是双方的决定呢
Look, let me talk to Garrett.
让我去找加勒特
I won't mention that we've spoken.
我不会提及我们今天的谈话
I suppose there's no harm in finding out what he thinks.
知道他怎么想也算有益无害
Thank you, Mr. Vice President.
谢谢,副总统先生
Slogans for 400. "1976. He's making us proud again."
四百分口号 1976年,他再次让我们骄傲
D.J. Who is Carter. D.J.
卡特
No. John. Who is Ford.
错,约翰,福特
Peter?
彼得
Slogans for 600.
六百分口号
Peter, are you here?
彼得,在吗
"1888. Grandfather's hat fits Ben."
1888年,爷爷的帽子很适合本
Claudia. Who is Benjamin Harrison.
克劳迪娅,本杰明·哈里森
Yes. Presidential slogans for 800.
正确,八百分总统竞选口号
"1900. The full dinner pail "
1990年,晚餐吃得饱
On the train ride down,
在火车上
I almost called the police to have them break in
我差点就要叫警察闯进来
and make sure you hadn't hurt yourself.
看看你有没有伤害自己
I'm not gonna even ask you what happened.
我不想问你发生了什么
It doesn't matter right now.
现在无关紧要了
What matters right now...
现在要紧的是...
What matters... Who is Goldwater.
要紧的... 戈德华特
Claudia Who is Goldwater.
克劳迪娅,戈德华特
Barry Goldwater. Yes.
巴里·戈德华特,正确
Oh, come on. Hey, I'm watching that.
拜托,我正在看呢
What matters is the 50 reporters in front of your building
要紧的是公寓外面的50个记者
and the 150 campaign staffers
还有150名竞选工作人员
who don't know if they still have a job.
还不知道自己是否已经失业
It's over.
都结束了
I know.
我知道
So, tell them to go away.
让他们都走吧
What, are you just gonna hole yourself up in here
怎么,你打算就这么窝在这儿
and hope it all goes away?
希望一切都消失吗
Yeah, that's pretty much the plan.
差不多就是这样了
Well, I won't let you.
我不能让你这样
Hey, put that down. Hey.
放下
Hey, put that down! Peter...
给我放下,彼得
We need to put out a statement.
我们得发表个声明
Call me when you're prepared to do that.
准备好了打电话给我
I'll be at the headquarters in Philly.
我会在费城的总部
I was scared that I was starting to feel too much for you.
我怕我对你的感情变得太深
I think that's why I ended it.
所以我才做了了断
And you have no room for fear?
你不允许自己害怕吗
No. Being afraid doesn't accomplish anything.
不,害怕成不了事
That's not true. When I'm overseas,
不对,我在海外时
rational fear... disease or violence...
合理的恐惧,像对疾病,暴力
that sort of fear keeps you alive.
这种恐惧让你生存下去
Back here, God,
回到这儿,老天
I find myself afraid of things
我感觉自己害怕些
that I can't name or point to.
虚无缥缈的东西
It's like, uh, how little am I seeing?
就比如,我有多渺小
Or have I wasted this day or this moment?
或者我是不是浪费了此时此日
Yeah, I think that sometimes...
是啊,我有时也会想
whether my life will add up.
我的人生到底有没有意义
Francis would roll his eyes
弗兰西斯听到我说这些
if he heard me talking like this.
一定会翻白眼
Does he know where you are?
他知道你在哪吗
No, he doesn't.
不知道
If he's looking for you, that's where you are.
如果他在找你,你就在那儿
Over there.
那里
Before you met Frank.
你遇见弗兰克之前
Alone.
独自一人
Curious.
充满好奇
Absorbing everything.
接纳一切事物
You have no idea what I was like when I was a girl.
你才不知道我年轻时是什么样的
Did he ever know that side of you?
他知道你的那一面吗