手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 影视英语 > 美剧学习 > 纸牌屋第一季 > 正文

纸牌屋第一季(MP3+中英字幕) 第75期:凤凰涅槃

来源:可可英语 编辑:liekkas   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

I should go.

我要走了
It's on the campaign.
帐记在竞选经费上
Our crosstabs show 81% of likely voters
民调数据显示81%可能投票的选民
are willing to consider a recovering alcoholic.
会考虑投给戒酒的候选人
Now, those numbers dip a little when you introduce cocaine,
如果换成可卡因的话这个数字会下降
but not by much.
但不会下降很多
纸牌屋第1季.jpg

Randy?

兰迪
It's a risk, but it'll make waves.
有风险,不过轰动是肯定的
Free coverage across the board.
免费得到主流媒体的关注和报道
The narrative has to be redemption.
中心必须是救赎
A Phoenix from the ashes.
凤凰从灰烬中涅槃
Well, let's not focus on the ashes.
就别提灰烬了
We don't want people to think Peter was a disaster.
别让大家觉得彼得过去一团乱
No, no. We focus on the positive.
不,我们侧重积极的一面
A "Fresh start" And a "Clean start"
崭新或干净的开始
both did well in focus groups.
焦点小组对这两个词都很喜欢
"Clean start" sounds too much like "Clean slate."
干净的开始听着像是洗白的
I like "Fresh start." Yeah, I do too.
我喜欢崭新的开始,我也是
How we doing on the fundraising?
筹款怎么样了
The alcoholic thing will turn off some of the instate donors,
酒瘾会使他失去一些州内捐款
but it's an offyear election.
但这不是大型选举
We can hit up the usual suspects in New York and California.
我们可以去纽约和加州问问看
Walter, how vulnerable are we?
沃尔特,我们有多少弱点
I'm not prepared to answer that question.
这还难说
Peter and I have yet to perform the holy sacrament of confession.
彼得还没向我忏悔呢
We still need to address the shipyard closing too.
关闭造船厂一事我们也得有所表示
Claire's helping us with that.
这方面克莱尔会帮我们
We are pushing a bill
我们在推动一项
called the Delaware river watershed Act,
《特拉华河流域法案》
and I think it's going to bring about
预计将在三年内
5,000 jobs into Peter's district over the next three years.
为彼得的选区带来约5千个岗位
We have a draft of the bill completed.
我们已经完成了一份草案
Peter's in the process of securing cosponsors.
彼得正在找法案的连署者
And who have you called, by the way?
对了,你都问过谁了
I have some emails out,
我发了几份邮件
but most of them wanna see a bill first.
大多数想先看看法案
Have you set up a meeting with the shipbuilders yet?
船厂那边你约过谁见面了吗
I don't think they're gonna back me.
我不认为他们会支持我
That's the entire point of the bill, Peter.
法案就是为了他们啊,彼得
Well, if I go to them and I say,
如果我去跟他们说
"Hey, some of you maybe will get your jobs back,
你们有些人可能会重新找到工作
"Not tomorrow, but three years from now,
不过不是明天,而是三年后
and most of you won't be getting your jobs back anyway... "
大多数还是继续失业在家
All right, let's put a pin in this until we get more sponsors.
好吧,先找联署人,这事暂且放一边
I have to go to the office. I'll catch you all later.
我要回趟办公室,晚点再过来
Okay, let's move on to our field plan.
好了,看看选区的战略部署吧
I want to go through the regions one by one...
要逐个区讨论...
Francis.
弗兰西斯
We spent six weeks on that bill.
我们在这个法案上花了六周时间
It'll be fine. He'll come around.
不会有问题,他会想明白的
I'll see you later tonight?
那晚上见
I have an appointment.
我有约了
So I won't see you until morning.
那我明天早上才能见到你了
I'll be back before you get up.
我会在你起床前回来
I appreciate your taking the time today, sir.
感谢你今天能抽出时间过来,先生
Did you get that tax credit memo
经济研究小组起草的
the economic research team put together?
税收抵免备忘录你拿到了吗
You didn't ask me here to talk about memos.
你叫我来不是为了讨论备忘录吧
I know small talk when I hear it, Linda.
有话直说吧,琳达
The President has asked
总统希望你
that you take a step back from Pennsylvania.
不要过分插手宾州的事务
You've been taking a lot of trips there,
你最近经常去那儿
meeting with legislators...
与立法者会面...
It's my home state. There's a jobs crisis.
那是我的家乡,而且正面临着就业危机
We can't afford to play favorites.
我们不能偏帮单个州
The message is 50 states, one solution;
我们的方针是五十个州,一套解决方案
not one state, 50 solutions.
而不是一个州,五十套方案
I never expected to be involved in every policy or decision,
我并没指望能参与每一项政策和决策的制定
but I have been completely cut out of everything.
但我现在是什么事都被蒙在鼓里
We value your input, Mr. Vice President,
我们很重视你的意见,副总统先生
but right now, we can't...
但现在我们不能...
Don't condescend, Linda.
别一副高高在上的口气,琳达
No one even asked me who I thought should fill my seat.
甚至都没人问我希望由谁来接替州长一职
Why is Frank Underwood leading the charge on that, not me?
为什么这事是弗兰克·安德伍德牵头而不是我
That is a D.N.C. issue.
那是民主党全国委员会的决定
We are staying out of it and so should you.
我们不会插手,你也一样
And so I'm supposed to just cut ribbons and go to funerals?
那我就只负责剪彩和出席葬礼吗
You knew what you signed up for.
你应该清楚你的职责范围
Thank you, Mr. Vice President.
谢谢你,副总统先生
I didn't get my pen.
我没拿到我的钢笔
Your pen? From the bill signing.
你的钢笔,签署法案的笔
Oh, we'll see what we can do about that.
我们会想办法解决的

重点单词   查看全部解释    
draft [dræft]

想一想再看

n. 草稿,草图,汇票,徵兵
vt. 起草,征

 
campaign [kæm'pein]

想一想再看

n. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动
v. 从事运

联想记忆
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆
frank [fræŋk]

想一想再看

adj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的
vt. 免费

 
district ['distrikt]

想一想再看

n. 区,地区,行政区
vt. 把 ... 划

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
election [i'lekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选举

联想记忆
perform [pə'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 执行,运转,举行,表演

联想记忆
slate [sleit]

想一想再看

n. 板岩,石板,石片,石板色,候选人名单 adj. 暗

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。