Selected Scene 2
场景 2
Dancers: Where's Myra anyhow ? It's almost 8:00 and we've got to get to the theater. I tell you, I just tremble for the poor girl. You're always trembling. Maybe she went directly to the theater, That's right, she's probably waiting for us there. I hope so. Back in the dormitory, Myra show Kitty a dress she's just bought.
舞蹈演员:迈拉到底在哪里?快8点了,我们得去剧院了。我告诉你,我在为那可怜的女孩发抖,你总是在发抖,也许她直接去了剧院。对,她也许在那里等着我们,我希望如此。 回到宿舍,迈拉给凯蒂看她刚买的衣服。
Kitty: Well, where have you been? I've been worried to death. I thought you were with the boy but he phoned a couple of times.
凯蒂:噢,你到哪里去了?我担心死了,我还以为你和那男孩在一起,但他打来了好几次电话。
Myra: Oh, did he? I wonder why. He had to go back to the barracks and I went shopping.
迈拉:噢,是吗?我不知道为什么。他得回营房,而我买东西去了。
Kitty: Hey what's happened to you, whose dress is that?
凯蒂:嘿,你怎么了,那是谁的礼服?
Myra: It's mine.
迈拉:是我的。
Kitty: Yours?
凯蒂:你的?
Myra: Yes, I spent my last penny on it.
迈拉:是的,我花完了所有的钱。
Kitty: Are you crazy?
凯蒂:你疯了吗?
Myra: Yes, quite, quite, and I bought that lovely hat, and shoes, and a bag, and gloves, and oh isn't it a dream, Kitty, my wedding dress.
迈拉:是的,我疯了。我买了那顶可爱的帽子,还有鞋子、手提包和手套,噢,真像是在做梦,凯蒂,这是我的结婚礼服。
Kitty: Oh, Myra... you don't mean...
凯蒂:噢,迈拉……你不是说……
Myra: Yes! I'm going to be married.
迈拉:是的!我要结婚了。
Kitty: Oh darling come here, let me hug you! Oh it's wonderful... when, when, how?
凯蒂:亲爱的,过来,让我拥抱你!噢,太好了……什么时候,什么时候,怎样举行?
Myra: Tomorrow morning at St. Matthew's Church. Oh Kitty, I am so madly happy.
迈拉:明天上午在圣马修教堂。噢,凯蒂,我快乐得快要疯了。
Kitty: Oh, darling, I can't believe it.
凯蒂:噢,亲爱的,我简直无法相信。
Myra: Neither can I.
迈拉:我也是。
Kitty: It's so silly, I'm crying.
凯蒂:真傻,我要哭了。
Myra: I've been crying all day.
迈拉:我都哭了一天了。
Kitty: It's unbelievable, things like this just don't happen, It's so wonderful. Oh, what a joke on Madame!
凯蒂:真难以相信会发生这种事,太好了。噢,对夫人来说是一个多大的玩笑啊!
Lydia: Kitty, are you coming?
丽蒂娅:凯蒂,你们一块去吗?
Kitty: Yes, all right, wait a second. You're coming to the theater, aren't you?
凯蒂:是的,好,等一下。你要去剧院,是吗?
Myra: Yes, of course. I wouldn't let Madame down for anything.
迈拉:当然是,我无论怎样也不会让夫人下不了台的。
Kitty: Then we'd better hurry. come on! Oh, girls... girls. Hey Lydia, girls, girls, what do you think, Myra's going to be married. May I tell the theater?
凯蒂:那我们最好快点儿。快!噢,姑娘们……姑娘们。嘿,莉迪亚,姑娘们,姑娘们,迈拉要结婚了,你们怎么想?我可以告诉她们吗?
Myra: Darling, you seem to have done it.
迈拉:亲爱的,你好像已经说过了。
Lydia: when is it?
丽蒂娅:什么时候?
Kitty: Tomorrow morning.
凯蒂:明天上午。
Lydia: What's his name?
丽蒂娅:他叫什么名字?
Kitty: Roy Cronin.
凯蒂:罗伊·克罗宁。
Girl: well, Mrs. Cronin, I declare!
女孩:好,我宣布,克罗宁太太!
Girl 1: I'm so happy for you, Myra.
女孩一:我真为你高兴,迈拉。
Lydia: Oh, by and large, darlings, you're all so sweet. I feel like crying, too. But we haven't got the time, come on girls, we leave for the theater. Come on girls.
丽蒂娅:噢,亲爱的,总的来说,你们都太好了,我都快哭了。但我们没时间了,快走,姑娘们,我们去剧院吧,快,姑娘们。