Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》
A:You know,Phyllis,we cannot thank you enough for accepting our apology.
甲:你知道吗,菲利斯,非常感谢你能接受我们的道歉。
B:Well, I think we should try to stay on good terms for Danielle's sake.I'm glad you suggested that we eat out here. I never think to do this.
乙:我觉得我们应该一团和气,多为丹妮尔着想。我很高兴你提议在外面聚餐, 我从来没想过会这样。
A:Oh, dam, I forgot the napkins.
甲:哦,糟糕,我忘记带纸巾了。
B:Oh, no problem. I'll go get some.
乙:哦,没关系,我去拿。
A:So now that we have a moment alone, your mother and I would like to say how proud we are of you.
甲:我们现在可以单独谈谈了。你妈妈和我想说的是我们为你感到骄傲。
B:Yeah,right.
乙:嗯,才怪。
A:Seriously, we hadn't realized you'd matured enough to take on the of motherhood all by yourself.
甲:说真的,我们没想到你能成熟到愿意独自承担抚养孩子的重担。
B:Well, grandma's gonna help.
乙:外婆会帮忙的。
A:She'll do what she can, but you mustn't overtax her. Her heart is not very strong.
甲:她会尽力帮忙,但你不能太累着她了。她的心脏不太好。
B:She seems fine to me.
乙:我觉得她看起很好的。