Gossip Girl,《绯闻女孩》
A:What are you doing here?
甲:你来这里干吗?
B:I,I left you a message,you never call me back.
乙:我,我给你留言了,你没给我回复。
A:Yeah, well, as you can see, I've been sort of busy. And I really have nothing to say to you.
甲:哦,你也看到了我有点忙。再说我也没什么和你说的。
B:Then I'll make it quick. I need you to put me and Patrick Roberts on the guest list for Tripp's party tonight.
乙:那我有话直说吧。我想让你把我和帕特里克·罗伯茨加在今晚特里普的选举晚会嘉宾名单上。
A:What? Are you kidding me?
甲:什么?你在开玩笑吗?
B:Nate, my job is at stake.
乙:内特,我的工作岌岌可危。
A:Oh, that's funny.So is my cousin's campaign, thanks to you.
甲:哦,有意思。我表哥的选举还不是一样多亏了你,也岌岌可危了嘛。
B:As far as I'm concerned, we're even.You used me for your Buckley photo scam. All I did was find out and undo it.
乙:据我所知我们扯平了。你利用我搞你的巴克利照片骗局。我所做的只不过是发现并破坏了它。
A:Well,I wouldn't exactly call revenge a solid foundation for a friendship.
甲:至少我不会把报复称为一个友谊的坚实基础。
B:Who said anything about friendship? All I need is an invite, plus one.
乙:这和友谊有什么关系?我想要的只是我和我的同伴能够收到宴会的邀请。