You’re not gonna make it!
你办不到的!
Jack!
杰克!
Jack! Give me your hand!
杰克! 把你的手给我!
I’ve got you!
我抓到你了!
What were you thinking?!
你刚才在想什么呢?
-What’s happening? -The whole damn shelf is breaking off![qh]这是怎么回事?整个冰架裂开了!
That’s what’s happening!
就是这样
We found evidence of a cataclysmic climate shift, which occurred 1 0,000 years ago.
我们发现了一万年前灾难性的气候迁移的证据
The concentration of these natural greenhouse gases in the ice cores...
这些温室效应气体在冰芯中的聚集...
...indicates that runaway1 warming pushed Earth into an ice age... ...显
示出气候失控性的变暖 把地球推向冰川时代...
...which lasted two centuries. ...
而这一直持续了两个世纪
I’m confused.
我被你搞糊涂了
I thought you were talking about global warming, not an ice age.
我还以为你是在讨论全球变暖问题 而不是冰川时代
Yes, it is a paradox2, but global warming can trigger a cooling trend. Let me explain.
是 有点自相矛盾 但是全球变暖
trigger a cooling trend. Let me explain.
能够导致气候冷却的趋势 我来解释一下
The Northern Hemisphere owes its climate to the North Atlantic Current.
北大西洋暖流直接影响北半球气候
Heat from the sun arrives at the equator and is carried north by the ocean.
来自太阳的热量到达赤道后 再由洋流传送到北方
But global warming is melting the polar ice caps and disrupting this flow.
但是全球变暖正在融化极地的冰川 而这干扰了这个洋流
Eventually it will shut down. And when that occurs...
最后它会慢慢停下来 到那时候...
...there goes our warm climate. ...
我们温暖的天气就消失了
Excuse me. When do you think this could happen,
对不起 你认为这情形什么时候 会发生呢?
professor? When?
教授?什么时候?
I don’t know. Maybe in 1 00 years, maybe in 1 000. But what I do know is...
我不知道 也许一百年 也许一千年 但是我知道...