Most days at school were usually the same.
学校里的日子大多千篇一律
I got there at the same time,
每天同一时刻到那里
I saw the same kids.
遇见同样的小孩
Hey,Chris. Hey,Greg.
嘿 Chris 嘿 Greg
Hey,Ebony.
嘿 黑鬼
Ivory.
白鬼
And I took the same classes with the same teachers.
上同一个老师教的同样的课
So did you hear?
听说了没?
Ms. Morello's gonna be gone for,like,two or three weeks.
Morello老师要离开两三周
What?
什么?
Yeah. She went on a trip to Africa
是的 她要去非洲
to help fight off an outbreak of yellow fever.
帮助当地人预防黄热病
It was more like she went to Harlem to fight off
听着更像是去Harlem区 (Harlem 纽约黑人区)
an outbreak of jungle fever.
阻止丛林热的爆发
With Ms. Morello gone,
Morello老师走后
we had every kind of substitute imaginable.
我们迎来了能想象得到的各种代课老师
We had out-of-work actors...
其中有失业的演员
"To be... or not to be.
生存 还是死亡
That... is the question."
这是个问题...
we had out-of-work dancers...
有失业的舞蹈演员
Can one of you kids get that bucket of water and throw it on me?
谁能把那桶水浇我身上吗?
...and,sometimes,we had out-of-work teachers.
有时也有失业的老师
Enjoy this while you still can,
人生得意须尽欢 莫使金樽空对月
'cause,believe me,
因为 相信我
it's all downhill from here.
酒正慢慢流进肚呢
We'd had just about every type of sub we could thk of...
以往的代课老师多种多样
...except one a black sub.
除了 黑人代课老师
Good morning. I'm Mr. Newton.
早上好 我是Newton老师
More like Mr. Tibbs.
听着像Tibbs先生(某影片中黑人侦探名)
What's your name? Joey Caruso.
你叫什么名字? Joey Caruso
And you're making fun of me because I'm black?
你因为我是黑人而嘲笑我吗?
Yeah,you big dummy.
是的 大笨蛋
He does it to me every y.
他每天都这样对我
No,sir. Sounds like it to .
老师 我没有 我看起来像是
Sorry.
对不起
If you want to make fun of me,fine.
如果你想嘲笑我 可以啊
But make fun of me for what I do,not how I look.
但嘲笑我的所作所为而不是我的外貌
You don't see me making fun of you
我可没嘲笑你像
because you look like a Brooklyn Beach Barney Rubble.
Brooklyn海滩上的Barney Rubble (摩登原始人中人物 个子矮)
No,sir.
没有 老师
This black sub is a bad mother...
这个黑人代课老师真拽
Shut your mouth!
闭嘴