As a kid,I wasn't superstitious,
小的时候我不迷信
but everybody in my family was.
但家里其他人相信
If my mother spilled salt,
如果妈妈不慎撒了盐
she would always throw some over her shoulder
她会从肩上再撒一些
for good luck.
企求好运
No!
不!
That's nine cents' worth of salt.
那可是值9分钱的盐
Drew wouldn't walk under a ladder,no matter what.
Drew不从梯子下面过 不论天大的事
Sonny! Help me!
小家伙! 帮个忙!
I've fallen and I can't get up!
我跌倒了 爬不起来!
You want me to help you,
要我帮忙
you're going to have to crawl from underneath this ladder first.
你先从梯子下爬出来才成
And Tonya believed that,if she stepped on a crack,
Tonya相信踩到裂缝
she'd break my mother's back.
妈妈的背就会断
No!
不!
I wasn't superstitious,but I did believe in bad luck.
我不迷信 但我相信厄运
Mom,I need some socks.
妈 我需要袜子
Julius,give Chris a pair of your socks,please.
Julius 把你袜子给Chris一双 好吗
These the only pair of socks you got?
你只有这一双袜子?
Yeah.
对
Besides,those are my lucky socks.
另外 那是我的幸运袜
I was wearing those socks the night I met your mother.
我遇到你妈妈那天 穿着这双袜子
Girl,he's cute,but look at those socks!
他真可爱 看那双袜子!
I didn't think my father's lucky socks would make a difference.
我没想到爸爸的幸运袜有什么特别
Hey,lil' dude from across the street!
嘿 街对面的小兄弟!
I just hit the numbers.
我刚弄点钱
Want to hold a dollar?
想不想要一美元?
Yeah. Thanks.
好 谢谢
That's all you.
你的了
They not only made a difference,
他们不只是特别
they made a dollar.
还变出来一美元
I believed in good luck.
我相信好运
I just never believed it could happen to me.
只是不相信会降临到我头上
Man,I'm sorry. I forgot my bus pass.
对不起 我忘带月票了
It's all right,man. I know you.
没关系 我认得你
For real? Thanks.
是吗? 谢谢
On the second bus,I got even luckier.
第2辆巴士上 我更幸运了
Hi. I'm Darlene. What's your name?
嗨 我叫Darlene 你叫什么?
I'm Chris.
Chris
That's one of my favorite names.
那是我最喜欢的名字
That's not even my favorite name.
那甚至不是我最喜欢的
I was even getting lucky at school.
在学校我越来越幸运了
Take that,Mr. Miyagi!
尝尝这个 Miyagi先生!
Hey,Chris. Want to smack this kid?
Chris 想不想扁这孩子?
No,I'm okay.
不 算了
This kid needs a pair of lucky socks and a gun.
这孩子需要双幸运袜和一把枪
Things were going so good,I almost felt white.
一切这么顺利 我几乎觉得自己是白人
Chris,I bought you something.
Chris 给你借了本书
It's a copy of Roots 4: Kunta's Revenge.
恶魔四: 昆塔复仇记
It's not even out yet.
还没出版呢
Thanks.
谢谢
Roots 4 was good,
恶魔四不错
but my favorite was Roots 6: Hitler Strikes Back.
但我更喜欢恶魔六: 希特勒复活
Even though we were poor,
即便我家穷
it didn't stop us from asking for stuff.
我们还是会要东西
Mama,can I have pink carpet in my bedroom?
妈妈 可以买粉地毯铺在我卧室吗?
Pink carpet? What you need pink carpet for?
粉地毯? 你要粉地毯干吗?
Well,because Billy Ocean has pink carpet in his bedroom.
Billy Ocean的卧室是粉地毯
Along with a baby giraffe,a disco ball and three midgets.
他还有长颈鹿 闪光球和三个小矮人
Well,as soon as you get a hit record,
一旦你出张唱片叫座
you can have any color carpet you want.
想要什么颜色的地毯都成
But,just because we asked for stuff,
我们开口要东西
it didn't mean we'd get it.
不意味着就能得到
Candy girl,you are my world...
Candy girl you are my world
Holy Ralph Tresvant!
靠 Ralph Tresvant!
You're so sweet...
You're so sweet
Hey,man,what you doing?
孩子 你干吗呢?
Just getting ready for the school talent show.
学校才艺表演做准备
Oh,I'm going to need a suit.
我需要一套西服
You gonna make some money in that talent show?
才艺表演能为你赚钱吗?
What you need a new suit for?
你要新西服干吗?
So I can pop my collar up while I'm performing.
表演时可以把领子竖起来
You know how much a new suit costs?
你知道一套西服多少钱吗?
I'm not going to spend money on a suit just so you can break the collar.
我不会为了你能竖领子 就把钱花在西服上
You want to pop something,
你想竖东西
pop open a pen,and fill out a job application.
把笔竖起来 填份工作申请表
Then you can buy all the suits you want.
你就可以买任何西服了
Some guys have all the luck,and today that guy was me.
有人总是好运 今天轮到我了
Chris,how was your day,baby?
Chris 今天怎么样?
It was strange.
好奇怪
It was,like,one of the greatest days of my life.
似乎是我一生最好的日子
Why? What happened?
为什么? 怎么了?
Nothing.
没什么
Nobody beat you up? Nope.
没人揍你? 没有
Nobody rapped you? Nope.
没人骂你? 没有
Well,how was school?
功课怎么样?
It was good. I got a "B" on my math quiz.
不错 我数学得了B
Oh... Starting to think these socks really are lucky.
看来这双袜子的确幸运
Okay,well,Mr. Lucky Socks,go wash your hands. Dinner's ready.
幸运袜先生 洗手去 吃饭了
What are we having?
有什么吃的?
My favorite meal was meat loaf,
我最喜欢吃肉馅饼
mashed potatoes and peach cobbler.
土豆泥和桃子派
Meat loaf,mashed potatoes and peach cobbler.
肉馅饼 土豆泥和桃子派
What's wrong with you?
出什么事了?
I asked Mama for pink carpet,and she said no.
我管妈妈要粉地毯 她没答应
Why did you ask her?
干吗管她要?
You know Dad's the one that spoils you.
爸爸才是惯着你的人
You think he'd give me pink carpet?
他会给我粉地毯?