The wall is solid. It'll do the job of funneling the Persians into the Hot Gates.
墙很坚固。一定可以把波斯人逼进温泉关。
Captain, have the men found any route through the hills to our back? None, sire.
百夫长,有人找到可以绕到 我们身后的小径吗?没有,主上。
There is such a route, good king. Just past that western ridge. It's an old goat path.
陛下,确实有条小径。就在西边山脊过去一点。是条牧羊古道。
The Persians could use it to outflank us.
波斯人可以用它来包抄我们。
Not one step closer. Monster!
不准再靠近一步,怪物!
Wise king, I humbly request an audience. I'll skewer you where you stand. I gave no such order.
睿智的国王,我恳求您听我说。我可以就在这戳死你。我没下这命令。
Forgive the captain. He is a good soldier but a bit short on manners.
请原谅百夫长。他是个好军人,只是脾气急躁了些。
There is nothing to forgive, brave king. I know what I look like.
无所谓原谅,勇敢的国王,我知道自己的长相。
You wear the crimson of a Spartan.
你穿着斯巴达的红色战袍。
I am Ephialtes, born of Sparta.
我叫艾菲亚提,出生于斯巴达。
My mother's love led my parents to flee Sparta lest I be discarded.
我母亲对我的爱促使我父母逃离了斯巴达,不然我会被抛弃。
Your shield and armor? My father's, sir.
你的盾还有盔甲从哪来的?我父亲的,陛下。
I beg you, bold king, to permit me to redeem my father's name by serving you in combat.
我求你,胆识过人的国王,给我恢复父亲名誉的机会,让我为您作战。
My father trained me to feel no fear, to make spear and shield and sword as much a part of me as my own beating heart.
我父亲训练我要无所畏惧。将盾戟化为身体的一部分,就像我赤热的心一样。
I will earn my father's armor, noble king, by serving you in the battle.
我会在作战中用行动证明我能继承父亲的盔甲,高贵的国王。
Fine thrust. I will kill many Persians.
刺得好。我会杀死很多波斯人。
Raise your shield. Sire? Raise your shield as high as you can.
把你的盾抬高。陛下??尽量抬高你的盾。
Your father should have taught you how our phalanx works.
你父亲应该告诉过你我们是如何排阵式的。
We fight as a single, impenetrable unit. That is the source of our strength.
我们所有人形成一个无法突破的整体来战斗。那就是我们力量的来源。
Each Spartan protects the man to his left from thigh to neck with his shield.
每个士兵掩护他左边的人用盾挡住他的大腿到脖子。
A single weak spot and the phalanx shatters. From thigh to neck, Ephialtes.
只要有一处破绽,阵式就会垮掉。大腿到脖子,艾菲亚提。
I am sorry, my friend. But not all of us are made to be soldiers.
很抱歉,我的朋友。并非每个人都能成为士兵。
But I... If you want to help at a Spartan victory... Yes? Clear the battlefield of the dead.
但是我… 如果你真想助斯巴达一臂之力… 如何?清理战场阵亡的将士吧 。
Tend to wounded, bring them water. Why? But as for the fight itself, I cannot use you.
照顾伤兵,给他们拿水。为什么?因为战争本身的原因我不能用你。
Mother! Father! You were wrong! You are wrong, Leonidas. You are wrong.
爸,妈,你们都错啦。你也错了,列奥尼达!
Dispatch the Phocians to the goat path and pray to the gods nobody tells the Persians about it.
把弗西人派去守古羊道,祷告上苍不会有人向波斯人泄密。