After I turned 13,
我13岁之后,
a lot of things I used to when I was 12
很多在我12岁时做过的事情
seemed like kid stuff.
看起来都是小孩子的玩意
Like Halloween...
比如万圣节...
Trick or treat.
不给糖就捣蛋
Hey, there we go, Reggie Jackson...
嘿, 来拿着, Reggie Jackson...(美国黑人棒球明星)
Miss Diana Ross!
Diana Ross小姐!(黑人女歌星)
Who you supposed to be?
你这扮的是谁?
I'm George Jefferson,
我是George Jefferson,
you know, from The Jeffersons.
知道吗,Jefferson一家里面的 (杰佛逊一家:美国剧集)
Chris, do the walk. Chris,
走两步
Well, we're movin' on up Movin' on up...
那么, 我们动起来 动起来...
Oh, yeah, all right.
哦, 没错,好极了
I love that show.
我喜欢这个
Here you go.
给你
You think that's bad?
你觉得这就有够糟?
You should have seen the year I was Kunta Kinte's foot.
那你真应该看看我扮 Kunta Kinte脚的那年 (Kunta Kinte:小说《根》的男主角)
It wasn't that I didn't like Halloween anymore,
并不是说我不再喜欢万圣节了
I just wanted to celebrate it like a teenager,
我只是想像个大孩子那样来庆祝
which meant going to a party.
意思就是要来个派对才行
You know, parties, they used to be like this:
要知道派对通常是这样:
But, eventually, they became this:
但最后,会变成这样:
But, at 13, I had never been to a real party.
都13岁了,我还从没去过一次真正的派对
All I knew is that I didn't want
我只知道我不想
to go trick-or-treating again.
再玩“不给糖就捣蛋”那一套了
Chris...
Chris...
Come straight home so you can go
直接回家,你就能和Drew跟Tonya
trick-or-treating with Drew and Tonya.
出去玩“不给糖就捣蛋”了
Damn!
该死!
Be still, baby.
别乱动,宝贝
Mom, can I use that Chinese robe you used to wear?
妈, 我能用一下你穿过的那件中式睡袍吗?
Sure, what for?
当然可以, 做什么?
I want to be a samurai.
我要当一个武士
And do you have anything I could use as a sword?
你还有什么东西我可以拿来当剑吗?
Boy, you are not taking a sword on street.
孩子,你不能拿剑上街
Man, in Bed-Stuy,
老兄,在Bed-Stuy,
you could get in trouble just for pointing your finger.
你伸伸手指就能惹上麻烦
It's down the street, man, right down there, look...
就在这条街尾, 哥们,就在那,看...
Drop your weapon!
放下你的武器!
I ain't got no weapon.
我没武器
I got the weapon.
我夺下武器啦
That's my finger, man. That's my finger!
那是我的指头, 哥们 我的指头!
Ma, do I have to take Drew and Tonya trick-or-treing?at
妈, 我非得带Drew和Tonya 去玩“不给糖就捣蛋”吗?
Chris, somebody has to.
Chris,得有人去啊
Me and your daddy are gonna staye and give out candy.
你爸和我要待在家里给人发糖
I can give out candy.
我也可以发糖啊
Chris, it's only going to be for an hour,
Chris,也就用不了一个小时,
so take 'em up the street and around the block,
快带着他们上街,绕着楼区转一圈
and then you'll be done.
然后你就完事了
Do I have to wear a costume?
我还用扮什么吗?
Not if you don't want to.
你不想扮就不用
All right, baby.
好了, 宝贝
I hope you can make it.
希望你能来
l'll see you later, Drew.
待会见, Drew
And remember, don't tell anybody, okay?
还有记着, 跟谁都别说, 好吗?
Okay.
Ok
I knew Keisha
我早知道Keisha
had a crush on Drew,
喜欢Drew,
but that didn't stop me from liking her.
但这并不能阻止我喜欢她
Who was that?
是谁啊?
Lisa Patterson.
Lisa Patterson.
They just invited me to some Halloween party.
他们邀请我去个什么万圣节派对
You got invited to a party. Yeah.
你被邀请去派对? 对呀
I'm not going, though.
可我不会去的
I'm going trick-or-treating.
我要去玩“不给糖就捣蛋”
Drew was only 11,
Drew才11岁,
and, as exciting as girls were,
他就跟女孩子们一样兴奋,
they still couldn't beat free candy.
根本抵不住免费糖果的诱惑
You want to go?
你想去吗?
You can't go to a Halloween party.
你不能去万圣节派对
You're supposed to be taking us trick-or-treating.
你得带我们去玩“不给糖就捣蛋”
Why don't you mind your own business? This is my business.
你干嘛不管好你自己的事? - 这就是我的事
This was the first chance I had to go to a party,
这是我头一次有机会去派对,
and I was going to go, even if I wasn't invited.
我去定了, 即使我没被邀请
My father hated buying Halloween candy.
我老爸讨厌买万圣节糖果
He didn't like spending money on stuff we kept,
他不喜欢花钱在给我们自己用的东西
so buying stuff that we gave away almost drove him crazy.
所以花钱在要送出去的东西简直把他弄疯了
Hey, baby.
嘿,宝贝
What's up babe?
你好吗宝贝?
Nickers? What's the Nickers?
力架? 力架是什么?
It's the same as a Snicker Bar. But it's a lot cheaper.
跟“士力架”一样 可是便宜多了
I go to this place, they got everything.
我去的这个地方什么东西都有
Nickers, Two Musketeers, M&N's.
利架, 两个火枪手, MN巧克力豆啦
Julius Gravy Way? Julius
肉河糖?
It's the same as a Milky Way.
和银河糖一样啦
But it tastes like gravy.
可吃起来有肉味
Where you going? Out.
你去哪? 外面
Mmm... mmm!
嗯嗯... 嗯!
You think your mom's going to let you go?
你觉得你妈让你去吗?
I hope so.
但愿让
What are you going to do about a costume?
那你要扮什么?
I don't know yet.
我还没想到
Last year, I was Super Flashlight Man.
去年我是超级闪光人
Why are you wearing your costume now?
你干嘛现在就化好妆了?
My mom is picking me up after school.
我妈下学后接我
I'm going to a Star Trek party at her house.
我要去她家的星战派对
You know, you really do look like Spock.
知道吗, 你真的巨像Spock (Spock:星战人物)
Live long and prosper.
活得长久而精彩
You like getting beat up? Do that some more.
你想找打吗? 多来点这个就行
Sorry.
不好意思
You'd think a guy
想想看
who got his ass kicked every day
一个每天都挨揍
wouldn't leave his house in tights... you would think.
不敢离家半步的家伙... 想象不出吧
How old is she?
她多大了?
Lisa? Fifteen.
Lisa?15岁
Dude, you are so in there!
兄弟, 你真成!
Anytime I did anything involving a girl,
每次我只要跟女孩有点事儿
Greg thought I was "in there."
Greg就认为我“真成”
Chris, can I borrow a pencil?
Chris,能借根铅笔吗?
Dude, you are so in there.
兄弟, 你真成!
Hello, Chris.
嗨, Chris.
Dude, you are so in there.
兄弟, 你真成!
Had I known what I know now about teachers,
根据我现在对老师的了解
I'd say that was the one time he was probably right.
我不得不说没准他真说对了一次