There were many ways to tell Bree Van De Kamp was a lady.
Bree Van de Camp的贵妇风范处处显露。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
She was courteous to those around her, she moved with elegance and grace.
她待人彬彬有礼,她举止高贵优雅。
And she was very careful to never let others know what she was thinking.
而且她格外注意不在人前表露心迹。
Mrs. Van de Kamp, thank you for coming on such short notice.
Van de Camp太太,感谢您能赶过来。
So what's happened? Have you had any luck finding George?
发生了什么事?你们找到George了么?
You see, like most well-bred women...
像大多数教养良好的女人一样。
George is dead. He committed suicide last night at a hotel.
George已经死了。昨晚他在宾馆里自杀了。
...Bree had something to hide.
Bree也有要掩藏的东西。
Oh, um, well, um, it was very good ofyou to tell me in person, truly.
哦...非常感激你们能当面通知我,真的。
Actually, um, there's, there's more.
事实上,还有点事儿。
More?
还有?
Do you recognize this?
你认得这些东西么?
Those are my panties. How did you...?
这是我的...内衣。你怎么...
We assume Mr. Williams stole them.
我们认为这是Williams先生偷的。
Where did you find them?
你们在哪儿找到的?
Mr. Williams had a room filled with, um, unsavory items. It was like a shrine.
Williams先生有一个房间专门存放...让人不齿的物品。好像一个神龛一样。
Unsavory items? Well, what does that mean?
让人不齿的物品?我不太明白?
You don't want to know.
你最好还是不要明白。
Just so you're aware, the Daily Tribune is starting to sniff around this story.
您最好留心点儿,小报的那帮家伙正在挖掘这个故事。
The editor's a good friend of mine.
我有个好朋友编辑。
I'm pretty sure I can quash it, but you might want to tell your family what's going on,just in case.
我想我可以抹掉这个报道,但你最好还是告诉你的家人实情,以防万一。
What is that?
那是什么?
I am so sorry. You weren't supposed to see that.
真抱歉。不该让你看见这个的。
Mudge, get that out of here.
Mudge,搬走!
No, wait! Is that supposed to be me?
别,等等!这个不会是我吧?
Well, it's hard to say.
不太好说.
I don't understand. I mean, what would George be doing with a life-sized doll? Oh, dear lord.
我不明白。George拿这么个真人大小的娃娃有什么用。哦,上帝啊!
Go ahead.
搬走。
Oh, hold it. What are you gonna do with that?
哦,等等。你们拿它干什么?
Well, until we close the file on Mr. Williams, she's considered evidence.
在Williams先生的案子结束前,这是证据。
We'll have to take her back to the station.
我们要把它带回警局
I am so sorry about this, Mrs. Van de Kamp. I know how difficult all this must be.
真的非常抱歉,Van de Camp太太。我知道您很难以接受。
Don't you worry about me, Detective Barton. I will be just fine.
不劳烦您担心了 ,Barton警官。我没事的。
Yes, there were many ways to tell thatBree was a lady, but the surest was to watch how she maintained her dignity ineven the most undignified of situations.
是的,Bree Van de Camp的贵妇风范处处显露,但最能表现她贵妇风范的,还是要看她如何在最难的状况下,如何继续保持高贵优雅的。