If you eat... Ten minutes of detention.
你吃东西... 关禁闭10分钟
If you sleep...
你睡觉...
Ten minutes of detention.
关禁闭10分钟
If you did anything in detention
在禁闭室里你做任何事
other than sit down and shut up...
只要不是老老实实坐下闭上嘴
Ten minutes of detention.
关禁闭10分钟
Since I was the new guy in detention,
因为我是禁闭室新来的
everybody tried to get me in more trouble.
每个人都给我找更多麻烦
What?
什么啊?
Ten minutes.
十分钟
But for what? 20 minutes.
但是为什么? 二十分钟
I didn't tell my mother I was in detention
我没告诉我妈我被关禁闭
because then she'd come up to school.
因为那样她就会来学校
And there's nothing worse than a mad black woman
没什么比一个发怒的黑女人
at an all-white school.
在一个全是白人的学校里更糟了
I thought I told you to be here, so I pick up my check.
我记得我告诉过你在这待着, 我好去领薪水
I missed my bus.
我错过公车了
What were you doing that you missed your bus?
你干嘛来的,错过公车?
Uh, I... uh, I just forgot?
呃, 我... 呃,我就是忘了?
Oh.
哦
So you forgot to come home?
就是忘了回家了
I'll look pathetic and she'll take pity.
我要装可怜来骗得她的同情
Uh-uh.
呃-呃
What's this?
这是什么?
It's a bucket and a mop...
一个桶和一个拖布
for mopping.
为了拖地
Do the steps, the bathroom and the hall.
去擦台阶、走廊和大厅
This will help you to remember to get your butt home on time.
这会有助于你准时滚回家来
I'm going to pick up my check.
我去领我的薪水
After two days, Tanya hadn't taken a bite of sausage.
两天过后, Tanya一口香肠都没吃
And after having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner,
并且早餐、中餐、晚餐都要吃香肠
she wasn't the only one who hated it.
她不是唯一一个讨厌吃它的人了
... mm!
...呣呣!
Now, this is good.
这个好吃
Isn't it good, baby?
这个好吃吧,宝贝?
Yeah. Yeah, it's good.
嗯.嗯, 好吃
Mmm!
呣!
It's better than those sausage-o's we had this morning,
比我们今早吃的那些香肠好吃
I'll tell you that.
我跟你说吧
Well, anybody want some cake?
好的,谁还要吃蛋糕?
Does it have sausage in it?
这里面加香肠了吗?
We didn't usually have cake,
我们一般不吃蛋糕,
but my mother was trying to get at Tanya.
但是我妈是为了Tanya.
Can I have some cake?
我能吃些蛋糕吗?
You can have some sausage.
你能吃些香肠
I told you.
我说过
Sausage.
香肠
Another day, another sausage
新的一天, 旧的香肠
Look, Tonya, if you don't want sausage,
听着, Tonya,如果你不想吃香肠
then you're probably better off eating lunch at school, then.
那你最好在学校吃午饭
I hate school lunch.
我讨厌学校的午饭
You want some sausage?
你想吃些香肠吗?
Xie xie nin, Mama.
谢—谢— 您,妈妈
What? It's "Thank you, Mom" in Chinese.
什么? 是 中文的"谢谢你,妈妈"
When my brother got into something, he got into it.
当我弟弟迷上什么就能做成什么
You know, he's getting Asian girls to this very day.
要知道,这些天他还特意交了个亚洲女孩
Chris. Eh! Chris.
哎!
I didn't get my check yesterday
昨天我没拿着薪水
because I Was late getting over there.
因为我迟到了
I need you to have your behind home on time.
我需要你准时到家
Do you understand me, boy?
明白了吗,小子?
Yes, ma'am.
是的,长官
How many days did you get?
你还剩多少天?
Three.
三天
Ooh, I better get in there.
哦,我最好赶紧进去了
I can't be late getting home today.
今天不能晚回家
You are late. Ten minutes.
你晚了十分钟
But I was right outside the door.
但是我就在门口的说
Outside is not inside. 20 minutes.
外面不是里面 二十分钟
But.. Would you like to try for minutes?
但.. 你想要三十分钟吗?
I wonder how many minutes I'd get
我在想要用这本书敲她的脑袋
for knocking her upside the head with this book?
会得到多少分钟?
Mo.. Eh!
妈.. 呃!
School... Don't...!
学校... 别...!
But... Eh!
但... 呃!
That look means, "Get in this house
那眼神说, "滚进来,
before I smack the wax out your ears."
在我没把你的耳屎打出来之前"
Baby, just try it. It's good.
宝贝,就尝一下,很好吃
After a few days of sausage
吃了数日的香肠
for breakfast, lunch and dinner,
早餐、中餐、晚餐
would you believe my mother started running out of ideas?
你能相信我妈已经没什么主意了吗
Mmm! Sausage and Pop Tarts.
嗯嗯! 香肠烘饼!
You're eating the sausage.
你得吃,香肠。
Can I talk to you for a minute?
我能和你聊两句吗?
Excuse me children, your father would like to talk to me.
不好意思,孩子们, 你们的爸爸要找我聊两句
Let's talk.
聊聊吧
Baby, if she doesn't eat
宝贝,如果她不吃东西
they could call child welfare on us.
他们会给儿童保障协会 打电话告我们的
Mm-mm, Julius, that little girl is testing me.
不-不, Julius, 那个小丫头是考验我呢
And if I let her tell me what she will and won't eat;
如果我让她告诉吃什么和不吃什么
the next thing you know, she'll be telling me
接着她就会告诉我
what she will and won't wear.
她穿什么和不穿什么
Then, the next thing you know, she'll be telling me
然后她就会告诉我
when she will and won't come home!
她什么时候回家,什么时候不回
And then the next thing you know,
而后她就会
she's going to end up pregnant--
以怀孕收场
and I ain't taking care of no babies.
而我不能照顾这个孩子
My mother always thought anything that Tanya did wrong
我妈妈永远认为Tonya无论做错什么事
would eventually get her pregnant.
都会导致她怀孕
And she ain't taking care of no babies.
并且还不能照顾那个孩子
But it's been two days.
但是已经两天了
Oh, Julius, it's been three days.
哦, Julius, 是三天
Right. Three days.
对.三天
Did you feed her something?
你喂她吃东西了吗?
Here's a peanut butter sandwich.
这有个花生黄油三明治
When your mama comes down, talk to the side,
你妈下来的时候,转向一边说话
so she can't smell your breath.
这样她就闻不到你嘴里的味了
And eat the crust.
吃了面包皮
I don't like crust!
我不喜欢吃面包皮!
I don't like crust.
我不喜欢吃面包皮!
Just eat it, girl.
吃了吧,宝贝
Would you believe my father had to come back
你能相信我老爸必须回来
and finish the crust?
把面包皮给打扫光吗?
Julius! I'm sorry, baby. Julius!
对不起,宝贝
I understand what you're trying to do.
我能理解你的想法。