Since I was the only black kid at my school,
自从我成了这个学校唯一的 黑人小孩
I thought people stared at me all the time
我觉得所有人都在注意 我的一举一动
because they were fascinated with me.
因为他们对我很感兴趣
Check it out. His skin.
看他的皮肤
Was your hair always like this?
你的头发永远这样吗?
Do you know Gary Coleman?
你知道Gary Coleman? (Gary Coleman:黑人演员)
But I found out they were just scared of me.
但是我发现他们只不过是害怕我
She didn't come out of that classroom for a whole week.
她整整一星期都没从那间教室出来
Can you tell me what's going on?
你能告诉我这到底出什么事了?
There's rumor about the fight.
对那场架有个谣言
I had a fight with Caruso, the school bully.
我和Caruso干了一架, 那个欺软怕硬的家伙
He beat me so bad,
他把我打得很惨
I had to take the Underground Railroad home.
害我不得不坐地铁回家
Fight! Fight!
打啊!打啊!
But somehow that story turned into this story.
但不知怎么的那个故事 换成了另一个版本
Chris hit him in the jaw so hard, my tooth fell out.
Chris一记重拳打在他下巴上, 我牙都掉下来了
Chris knocked Caruso's eye out,
Chris打得Caruso眼睛快掉出来了
put it back, and then knocked it out again.
放进去,然后再接着打出来
Chris beat the snot out of him.
Chris打得他鼻涕乱飞
You can check his nose-- no snot!
你去看他的鼻子—没有鼻涕了!
Chris chased him home, knocked out his family,
Chris追着他回家, 把他全家都打了一顿,
then took their house
然后占领了他们的房子
Now, when a rumor like this gets started,
当这种谣言一旦传出
you never know where it's going to end up.
你永远无法知道怎样收尾
Are you sure about this?
你确定是这样的吗?
Yes, sir. After Chris kicked his teeth out, he said,
是的,老师. Chris把他打得满地找牙后, 他说,
"And I better not see you trying to smile, cracker."
"最好别再笑了,乡巴佬."
Cracker...
乡巴佬...
Yes, sir. Cracker
是的,老师. 乡巴佬
Dr. Raymond was the school principal,
Raymond博士 是校长
and the last thing I needed
而最后我需要的致命一击
was for him to think I was making trouble.
就是让他认为 我在制造麻烦
Thanks kid.
谢谢,孩子
That kid snitched so much,
这孩子真能打小报告,
he made more money than the teachers.
他比老师挣得还多
Raise it up.
举起来
Higher. Higher!
高点!高点
Right there, it's good.
保持住,好的
All right.
不错
My brother Drew loved karate, and he didn't take lessons.
我弟弟Drew喜爱空手道 不过他没有报班
All he had to do was see somebody do something,
他所要做得就是看别人怎么做
and then he could copy it.
然后他再模仿他们
Today, you'd call that a "music producer."
如今, 你会称这种人为 "音乐制作人"
Chris! Breathe, breathe!
Chris! 吸气, 吸气!
Ahhhh...
啊哦哦哦...
What are you doing?
你干嘛呢?
Practicing karate.
练空手道
What are you going to do with karate?
你练空手道干嘛用?
My father didn't see the reason of learning anything
我老爸觉得学什么都没用
that didn't get you a job.
如果所学的不能帮你找份工作
Chris? So how's school, Chris?
学校怎么样,
You working on anthropology or paleontology,
你学人类学或者古生物学
something complicated, I bet.
肯定挺复杂的, 我猜
My mother thought I was learning all kinds of things
我妈妈认为我什么都学
cause I went to a white school.
'因为我上了白人的学校 '
Nope, it's just regular arithmetic.
不嘻, 只是普通的数学而已
Y'all hear that?
你们听听
White kids are working on arithmetic.
白人小孩在学数学
Around here, they're still doing math.
咱这儿,还在学算术呢
My mother always thought
我妈妈总认为
bigger words meant something better.
书面用语意味着更高级
Okay, say the blessing, baby.
好的,祷告吧,宝贝
Where's the meat?
肉呢?
We don't have any.
我们没有了
Didn't you buy some porchops?
你没买排骨吗?
No, that meat was too expensive.
没有,太贵了
I know we got some canned Spam or some Vienna sausage
我知道有一些午餐肉罐头或者维也纳香肠
or bacon... or beef jerky. Some...
一些熏肉... 一些牛肉干.... 一些...
mean, what kind of meal is that without meat?
什么样的晚餐能缺了肉啊?
It's a vegetarian meal.
素食者的晚餐
Do I look like a vegetarian to you?
你看我哪像素食者了?
I work 60 hours a week.
我一周工作60个小时
I lift papers and boxes all night.
我一整晚要搬纸和箱子
I don't want vegetables. I need meat.
我不想吃菜,我想吃肉
Didn't you get paid today?
你今天没领薪水吗?
I quit my job yesterday.
我昨天辞职了
Oh, I need you to be home
哦, 星期三你得
early on Thursday
给我早点回家
so I can pick up my check.
我好去领薪水
How come you quit?
你怎么辞职了?
Julius. They were disrespecting me, Julius.
他们不尊重我,
My father always worked two jobs,
我爸爸总做两份工
which made my mother so comfortable,
这让我妈觉得很舒服
she'd quit her job over anything.
她会因为任何理由辞职
Check, please?
请买单
And I mean anying.
我是说任何事
Now, do I look like I have your check?
听着, 我看起来像有你单的吗?
All that hollering at people.
动不动就冲人吼
I don't need this.
我不需要这个
My husband has two jobs.
我老公打两份工
I don't need to be here right now.
我根本不用非在这儿不可
Hold my calls.
别挂啊
Who are you hollering at?
你冲谁嚷嚷哪?
"Hold my calls."
"别挂啊"
Hold your own damn call!
自己拿着电话!
I do not need this!
我不需要这个!
My man has two jobs!
我老公打两份工!
My mother seemed to always
我妈妈似乎总能找到工作
find work when she needed it,
在她需要的时候
so my father didn't complain that much.
所以我爸没怎么抱怨
That's okay, baby.
没什么的, 宝贝
I guess all those other people are just crazy.
我猜那些人全都疯了
That look means "I know I'm wrong,
那个眼神的意思是 "我知道错了,
"but I'll be damned if I'll admit it."
但如果我认错的话 就糗大了
How about steak sauce?
牛排调料酱如何?
We got steak sauce?
我们有牛排调料酱?
Hey, killer.
嘿,杀手
Oh! Oh...!
噢! 噢...!
I've heard what you've been saying, Meadowlark.
我都知道你是怎么说的了,小黄莺
What? I haven't been saying anything!
什么?我什么都没说!
You don't think I have enough problems
你是不是觉得我麻烦还不够多
without people thinking
大家都认为我在
I'm going around stomping other people's teeth out?
四处找人打架
Do I need that?!
我需要这样吗?!
Then who's been saying it then?
那是谁说的?
There's "Got your back" guys and "I'll be back" guys.
既有"站你身后挺你" 的哥们 也有"藏你身后逃跑" 的哥们