Did you put latches on the door upstairs?
楼上房间的门上你安插销了吗?
No, why?
没有, 怎么了?
Oh, nothing.
哦, 没什么
Listen, I need a favor.
听着, 帮个忙
Uh-huh?
嘛事?
I got on the basketball team,
我加入篮球队了,
and I need to learn how to play by tomorrow.
明天之前我要学会怎么打球
The basketball team?
篮球队?
Man, are you crazy?
老哥,你疯了吗?
You know you don't know how to play.
你知道自己不会打的
Didn't I say that?
我不是说了吗
I just need to know enough to look like I know something.
我只需要知道的够多, 看上去会点东西就行了
You know how to faint?
你会假摔吗?
You mean, like, fake somebody out?
你是说, 利用假摔把别人罚出场?
No, I mean, like, fall down
不, 我意思是,摔倒在地
on the ground so you won't have to play.
然后你就不用去比赛了
Okay, thank you so much for calling, Ms. Martella. Ok,
非常感谢您来电话, Martella女士
I really appreciate it.
真的很感谢您这么做
All right, then. Bye-bye.
那好吧 拜拜
Chris!
Chris!
How come you didn't tell me you failed a quiz?
你测验不及格怎么不告诉我?
You failed a quiz?
你测验不及格?
Oh, no, no, it gets better than that.
哦, 不, 不, 还不止这点好事
Since he failed that quiz,
因为他测验不及格,
he can't play in a basketball game tomorrow.
明天的篮球赛他也不能参加了
Thank the Lord!
感谢上帝!
You're on the basketball team?
你加入篮球队了?
You can't play basketball.
你根本不会打篮球
I tried to tell him that...
我试过告诉他了...
Great!
好极了!
It always killed my father that I was no good at sports.
我运动能力不强 一直很困扰我老爸
But he would never tell me that.
但他从来没跟我说过这些
My man!
好儿子!
It always killed me that you were no good at sports.
你运动能力不强一直让我很困扰
I'm sorry I flunked off the team, Dad.
抱歉我被退队了,老爸
You're not off the team yet.
你还没有退队
What?
什么?
Lucky for you,
你很幸运,
your coach got you a make-up quiz.
你的教练帮你弄到了补考资格
Damn!
该死!
That's what I'm talking about.
我就说嘛
So, after dinner, go upstairs and study.
那, 吃完饭, 给我上楼学习去
Because if you don't pass that quiz,
如果你测验过不了,
I'm going to score 40 on your behind.
我就要在你屁股上得40分(打40大板)
Everybody hates Chris.
人人都恨克里斯
Hey.
嘿.
Oh, hi, Swish.
哦,嗨, 嗖嗖
Good luck with the game.
比赛好运
Hey, hey, wait.
嘿,嘿, 等一下
I wasn't trying to blow you off the other day.
那天我不是故意赶你走
Then why did you?
那你为什么还那样?
It was just that...
只是因为...
It's just I'm not cool?
因为我不够酷?
I liked hanging out with Greg,
我喜欢和Greg呆在一起
but a life without daily ass-whuppings
但没有每日一次 揍屁股的生活
does have its appeal.
也是很吸引人的
No, it's not like that.
不, 不是那样的
It's just...
只是...
it's kind of good to get a break.
偶尔能放松一下也不错
All right.
好吧
I mean, I can't blame you.
我是说,我不能怪你
If I were you I'd probably do the same thing.
如果是我,估计也会那样
Hey, I think I aced the quiz.
嘿, 我的测验好像还不错呢
I know I failed it.
我是不及格啦
Wait, but doesn't that mean you can't play ball?
等等, 这不就意味着你不能打球了?
I wish.
我倒希望
Coach Brady found out and he got me a make-up.
Brady教练知道了这事 给我安排了补考
My mom made me study all night.
我妈逼我学了整整一晚
And if I don't pass, she will kill me.
如果我再过不了她会杀了我的
But if you do play everybody's going to hate you.
但如果你参加比赛, 所有人都会恨你的
Not everybody.
不是所有人啦
Just everybody on the team...
只是所有球队里的人...
everybody who likes the team
所有喜欢这球队的人
and everybody else.
还有其他所有人
All done.
做完了
I decided to fail the test on purpose.
这次测验我决定故意不及格
Whatever my mother might do to me,
无论我妈妈怎么收拾我
at least it wasn't 400 of her. You passed.
至少不是四百个妈妈一起收拾 你及格了
What?!
什么?!
Hold on, let me see this.
等下, 让我瞧瞧
Every answer on this paper is wrong.
这卷子上的每个答案都是错的
You are on the basketball team, right?
你是篮球队的,是吧?
Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?
是没错, 但跟这个有什么关系?
Good luck at the game, Swish.
祝你比赛好运, 嗖嗖
Another life secret--
另一条人生真谛
black man plus basketball equals a C-plus.
黑人加上篮球 等于C+
I passed.
我及格啦
Way to go, baby! Way to go!
好样的, 宝贝! 好样的!
Swish, Swish, Swish...
嗖嗖, 嗖嗖, 嗖嗖...
I bet this is how Milli Vanilli must have felt
我猜Milli Vanilli (MilliVanilli:黑人二人乐队)
when they were walking up to accept their Grammy.
上台领葛来美奖的时候 就是这种心情
Miss Rochelle?
Rochelle小姐?
I didn't mean to bother you,
我不是有意打扰
but can I borrow some Scotch tape
能不能借我一些透明胶带
and some ten-pound test fishing line?
和一些承重10磅的钓鱼线呢?
Fishing line?
钓鱼线?
Ten-pound test.
承重10磅的
We don't have any fishing line, Mr. Tate.
我们没有什么钓鱼线, Tate先生
Maybe your husband does.
也许你丈夫有呢
Well, maybe I'll ask him when he gets home.
好吧,也许等他到家我会问问他
Thank you, ma'am.
谢谢您, 女士
I'll come back down.
我会再下楼的
That man is not from Philly.
这人绝不是费城来的
Swish.
嗖嗖
I want to run you through a couple plays.
我来告诉你几个战术
Basically,
基本上,
这是你拿着球, 这是其他的同伴
getting out of your way.
全都不挡你的道儿
You got it?
明白?
Yeah, I got it.
好的, 我明白了
Great. I'll see you out there.
好极了. 场上见
Sweet dreams are made of this
美梦变成了这样
Who am I to disagre?
我能怪谁呢?
I travel the world and the seven seas
我环游了世界和七海
Everybody's looking for something
人人都在寻找些什么
Some of them want to use you
有的想要利用你
Some of them want to abuse you
有的想要虐待你
*Some of them want to be abused.
有的想要被你虐待
Swish, Swish, Swish,
嗖嗖,嗖嗖,嗖嗖
Swish, Swish, Swish...
嗖嗖,嗖嗖,嗖嗖...