That's for fathers that were too old for Elton John.
这些适合嫌Elton John太年轻的爸爸们
No, thanks. What else you got?
不 谢谢了 你还有什么?
Oh!
噢!
How about these... for your mom?
这些...给你妈好吧?
For Father's Day?
父亲节礼物?
Yeah. For him to give to her. No.
对 让你爸送给你妈 不
Uh, I'm sorry I can't help you out, young blood,
呃 我很抱歉帮上忙 小鬼
but, hey, you come back Mother's Day
不过 母亲节你回来的话...
I'll hook you up.
保证你会宾至如归的
Listen, why don't you watch this for a few minutes?
听着 你可不可以帮我照看几分钟?
I'm gonna run across the street, pay my light bill.
我要过马路去交电费单
All right? Sure.
好吗?没问题
Tell your daddy to call me and happy Father's Day.
叫你爸爸打电话给我 祝他父亲节快乐
Back at home, my father still had the house to himself...
镜头切回家中 我父亲仍然独霸大屋
Rochelle?
Rochelle?
Chris?
Chris?
...whether he liked it or not. ...
不管他是否真的喜欢
MAN: This proud father goose is no exception.
这只骄傲的公鹅也不例外
He graciously watches over and protects his chicks,
他风度翩翩地监护着他的小鹅们
assuring their safety until they are old enough
确保他们的安全直至他们成年
to fend for themselves.
有能力自保
In the wild, babies are almost never abandoned,
在野生世界里 小宝宝们几乎从未被离弃
and rarely left alone for any extended period of time.
并鲜有长时间地落单的机会
A great man once said,
一个伟人曾经说过
"Nothing screams louder than the sound of silence."
“没有任何声音比寂静呐喊得更大声”
I think it was Nipsy Russell.
我想是Nipsey russell(注:已故黑人喜剧演员)说的
Thank you. Enjoy your show.
谢谢大家 请欣赏节目
Hi.
你好
Um, can I have one adult, two children
呃 请给我一张大人票 两张儿童票
for TradingPlaces, please?
看《交易所》
You must think I'm a fool.
你把我当傻瓜
You want me to believe he's under 12?
你以为我会相信他不够十二岁?
JULIUS: Yeah,
对
she does.
没错
TONYA: Hey! Dad!
嘿!老爸!
ROCHELLE: What are you doing here, baby?
亲爱的 你来这干什么?
I missed you guys.
我想你们了
Father's Day without your family
父亲节不和家人一起过
it's like not being a father.
就不像父亲了
That look means,
那幅表情意味着
"That's what I was trying to tell yo' stupid ass!"
"笨蛋 我早就跟你说过了!"
Come here.
过来
Where's Chris?
Chris在哪里?
Oh, he went to buy you a gift.
哦 他去给你买礼物
But I told... Julius, please, just promise me
我跟你说过 -Julis 答应我
you will act like it's the best gift
你要表现出好像那就是
you've ever gotten, okay?
你收到的最好的礼物 好吗?
I promise.
我答应你
All right. All right.
好的
Uh, that'll be two kids, two adults
呃 两张儿童票 两张大人票
for, uh, Trading Places.
看《交易所》
There you go.
给你
What's this?
这是什么?
Father's Day special two for one.
父亲节优惠券:买一送一
Happy Father's Day, Daddy.
父亲节快乐 爸爸
I made these for you.
我亲手做的
I know you said, don't get you a gift,
我知道你说不要礼物
but I wanted to give you something
但我希望给你送点什么
just in case you changed your mind.
以防万一你改变主意
Oh! Macaroni-covered slippers!
哦!软吸管装饰的拖鞋!
It goes with the macaroni-covered cigar box
刚好跟去年软吸管烟盒
I got last year.
配套
I know.
我知道
Hey, Dad, I got something for you, too.
嘿 老爸 我也有东西送给你
Oh, what's this?
哦 这是什么?
A bottle of iodine?
一瓶碘酒?
No, no, no, it's cologne.
不不不 是古龙水
I made it myself.
我亲手做的
I just couldn't find a bottle
只是我找不到瓶子
to put it in, so I poured
所以我倒掉
the iodine out and put it in there.
一瓶碘酒 放古龙水进去
Boy, that iodine cost 99...
小子 那瓶碘酒值99...
Mm, that smells good.
哇 很香
Thank you, Drew.
谢谢你 Drew 噢 太好了
Oh, man, thank you so much. Chris?
噢 太谢谢你了 Chris?
You know I was about to call the police, right?
你知道我差点报警 是吧?
Hey, Chris, where you been?
嘿 Chris 你去哪里了?
I was trying to find you a gift for Father's Day.
我尝试给你找一份父亲节礼物
Well, I'm sure whatever you got,
我相信不管你送什么
it's-it's fine.
都是很好的礼物
That's the thing-- I looked all over,
事实上 我走了很多地方
but I couldn't find you anything that I thought you would like.
还是找不到你会喜欢的东西
Doesn't matter, Chris.
没关系的 Chris
I mean, it's the thought that counts.
我的意思是 心意到了就好
So, did you find something?
你找到了吗?
Not really.
没有
It's more of, I did something for you.
更确切的说 我为你做了点事情
ROCHELLE: What?
什么?
What is it?
是什么?
It's a receipt.
一张收据
He paid the electric bill.
他交了电费单
Oh, baby, that is so...
噢 宝贝 真的太...
CHRIS: When I asked you if I could get you anything Chris for Father's Day,
当我问你父亲节要什么的时候
you said I could help you knock out a bill.
你说我可以帮忙付帐单
That was the only one I could afford.
这是我唯一负担得起的
Thanks, son.
谢谢 儿子
My father never really cared much about presents,
我父亲其实从来没有在乎过礼物
but giving him a reason to smile was the best thing
但给他一个微笑的理由
I could ever do for him.
是我为他所做的最好的事情
This is the best gift I ever got.
这是我收到的最好的礼物
I'll remember this forever.
我会永远记住的
Happy Father's Day.
父亲节快乐
I'm proud of you, Chris.
我为你自豪 Chris
Becoming more of a man every day.
越来越懂事了
Thanks, Dad.
谢谢 爸爸
You know, I was thinking,
知道吗 我在想
it might be a good idea if you get a job
也许你找一份工作的确是个好主意
and start paying a bill every month.
就从每一个月交一张帐单开始