Desperate Housewives,《绝望主妇》
Christmas carols? It's not even Thanksgiving.
圣诞颂歌?连感恩节都没到呢。
I'm starting my cards early this year.
今年我要早点开始准备贺卡。
It puts me in the mood to spread holiday cheer.
这使我陷入散播节日欢乐的情绪中。
And with the pack of lies in this family newsletter, she spreads holiday denial.
可是伴随着这封家信中的谎言,她其实是在散播节日的拒绝。
Andrew, it's etiquette. Nobody wants to read the truth at Christmas.
是礼节没人想知道圣诞节的真相。
Well said, darling.
说的好,亲爱的。
Honey, would you put on another CD? Something with sleigh bells.
亲爱的你能换张CD吗? 有圣诞音乐的?
Oh, by the way, Orson, I need, uh, your mother's address at the nursing home.
顺便说,Orson,我需要你妈妈疗养院的地址。
Oh, well, I appreciate the thought, darling, but you needn't send her a card.
好吧,谢谢你的周到,亲爱的,但你没必要给她寄贺卡。
Oh don't be silly. I'm sending one to the man who reads our gas meter.
别傻了,我给查煤气的人都寄了一张。
I can certainly send one to your mother.
我一定会给你妈妈也寄一张的。
She's completely senile. She'll only try to dunk it in her coffee.
她已经很老了,她只想泡在她的咖啡里。
Well, all the more reason to send her one.
这样才更要寄给她。
Let the nurses know that she has family at home who loves her
让那些护工知道她有一个爱她的家庭
and who could drop by at any minute and slap them with a lawsuit.
他们随时会拜访并且控告他们。
Bree, I hear what you're saying
布瑞,我听懂你说什么了...
Orson, what's the big deal? It's just an address.
奥森,这有什么大不了的?只是一个地址。
Fine. I'll get my book.
好吧,我去拿我的通讯录。