Hey! Okay! Well thanks for coming out to see me. I just-I just thought it would be a very good idea to talk about this baby stuff in person. Y’know…
嘿! 嗯,谢谢你来见我. 我只是-我很高兴能以我的亲身经历和你聊聊生儿育女的事情
Okay.
好吧.
I really don’t think it’s a very good idea, Phoebe.
Phoebe,我真的认为你不应该那么做.
Why not?
为什么呢?
Well, because you’d be giving up a baby, and I-I really don’t—
嗯, 因为你将要把孩子送交给别人, 怎么和你说呢...
I don’t know if there’s anything I can say that could make you understand the pain of giving up a baby.
我不知道怎么说才能让你理解放弃孩子时的那份痛楚,
Oh no! No-no! I understand the pain! Don’t-don’t hurt the puppy.
喔,不!不-不!我理解那痛的感觉! 别,别伤害这个小狗.
No-no-no, the-the puppy’s yours.
不-不, 这个小狗是你的啦.
Oh, I get a puppy!!
哈哈, 我有小狗了!!
Well, yeah! I mean yeah, but only for three days.
嗯, 对! 是的,但只是3天.
Why?
为什么?
I realise I don’t have any right to start get all parenty on you and everything now,
我知道我没有权利像母亲一样管你,
Phoebe, would you please look at me and not the puppy, it’s very important.
喂Phoebe, 你能不能先听我说,而不是玩小狗, 这事非常重要.
Okay.
好.
I mean, I know what I’m talking about. I gave up two babies,
我是说,我知道自己以前做了什么,我抛弃了2个孩子,
and I only wish I had someone there that had given up babies, that could tell me how terrible it is to give up babies.
而且我真的希望当时身边有个抛弃过孩子的人可以告诉我抛弃孩子的感觉是多么的糟糕.
I really shouldn't have given you the puppy first.
我真不应该先给你小狗..
That's okay. No, we're listening.
没事,不,我们在听
I just think that, it would be something you will regret every single day for the rest of your life.
我只是在想,那么做的后果将会是遗恨终生..
So, how ever hard it is to give up this puppy, it would be like a million times harder to give up a child.
因此,不管你要放弃这个狗有多么的难,放弃一个孩子要比那难上一万倍.
Okay, fair enough. Three days.
三天,很公平