Everyone in this world needs someone they can depend upon.
世界上的每一个人都需要有人依靠。
Be it a faithful companion.
一个可靠的陪护。
Trusted confidant.
信赖的知己。
Or loyal friend.
或者忠诚的朋友。
For Susan Mayer, that dependable someone was her book agent, Lonnie Moon.
对Susan Mayer来说,她最信任的人是她的出版经纪人,Lonnie Moon。
It was Lonnie who helped Susan promote her first children’s book.
是Lonnie帮Susan出版她第一本儿童读物。
It was Lonnie who rushed Susan to the hospital the night Julie was born.
是Lonnie在Julie出生那晚送Susan去医院。
It was Lonnie who took Susan’s mind off her painful divorce with a fun vacation.
是Lonnie带Susan旅行散心,让她忘掉痛苦的离婚。
Yes, Lonnie was Susan’s rock. Sadly for Susan, her rock was about to crumble.
是啊。Lonny是Susan的支柱。但是不幸地是,她的支柱就快倒了。
For those of you just joining us, we have a new development on the Melanie Foster case.
刚刚转过台的观众, Melanie Foster的案子有了新的进展。
Lonnie. What are you doing here?
Lonny 你怎么来了?
It’s past noon, which now means it is now socially acceptable to start drinking.
中午过了,这说明喝酒已经符合社交礼仪了。
I can’t believe I let you talk me into this. I am so behind in my work. But I’m glad I came. This is fun.
我怎么就被你劝服了呢?我的进度已经落后了,但还是很高兴我来了,我很开心。
I've gotta be honest. I had an ulterior motive.
跟你实话实说,我是有求而来。
Oh?
哦?
I’ve decided to start my own agency.
我决定开办自己的公司。
You’re leaving Muir and Hunt? You helped build that place.
你要离开Muir & Hunt? 那儿是你一手操办起来的。
I know, but I just feel it’s time. And now the question is, will you come with me?
我知道,但我想是时候了。现在的问题是,你要来我这边么?
Well, of course.
唔,当然。
Okay. To the future.
好,为未来干杯。
I’ll just call the agency and let them know I’m going with you.
我要给公司打个电话,告诉他们我跟你干了。
Oh, I don’t think that necessary.
哦,我想没有这个必要。
Really? Ah, I think it might be rude not to. Lonnie, what’s going on?
是么?要是不的话太没礼貌了,Lonny 到底怎么了?
Okay. There’s been some bad blood between me and the partners.
好吧,我和公司其他人搞得很僵。
Why?
为什么?
I got into this thing where I had to move a little client money around temporarily to cover some expenses.
我把客户的钱临时挪用到别的花销上了。
You had to move money? What does that mean?
你挪用钱了?什么意思?
I took a little from here and I moved it there. It was no big deal.
我从这拿一些添到别的账上,没什么大不了的。
Really? Because it sorta sounds like embezzlement.
是么?听起来似乎是盗用公款。
Why do people keep using that word?
怎么你们都这么说?
Who else is using that word?
还谁这么说了?
Nobody. The partners and their forensic accountants.
没人,同事还有法庭的会计他们。
Oh, my god. Lonnie, did you move some of my money?
哦天哪,Lonny 你挪用过我的钱么?
Absolutely not! I swear! Susan, don’t look at me that way.
绝对没有,我发誓,Susan 别这么看着我,
I know what I did was wrong and I feel like a complete idiot for doing it, but please, please don’t hate me.
我知道我做得不对,我觉得自己很愚蠢,但求求你,求求你不要恨我。
Well, I don’t hate you. I couldn’t hate you. You’re my Lonnie.
我不恨你,我不会恨你的,你是我的Lonny。
So, will you still come with me?
那,你还到我那工作么?
You know what? This is one of those times when you find out who your real friends are, so yeah.
这是考验谁是真朋友的时候,所以我答应你。
Oh, thank you, thank you. You are one special lady, Susan Mayer.
哦,谢谢,谢谢,你是位特别的女士 Susan Mayer。