People came to Facemashin a stampede, right?
大家争先恐后的上我的Facemash是吗?
Yeah.
是的
But it wasn't becausethey saw pictures of hot girls.
并不是因为他们爱看辣妹照
You can go anywhere on the Internetand see pictures of hot girls.
这种照片在网上一抓一大把
Yeah.
对
It was because they saw picturesof girls that they knew.
而是因为这些姑娘都是他们认识的
People want to go on the Internetand check out their friends,
人们希望能够上网了解朋友的动向
so why not build a website that offers that?
为什么我们不建一个这样的网站呢?
Friends, pictures, profiles,whatever you can visit.
朋友,照片,档案,所有你想要看的
Browse around.Maybe it's someone you just met at a party.
可以随意浏览哪怕是你刚在聚会上认识的人
But I'm not talking about a dating site.
但我说的不是交友论坛那种
I'm talking about taking the entire socialexperience of college and putting it online.
我的意思是把整个大学社交圈全部搬上网路
- I can't feel my legs.- I know.
- 我的腿冻僵了- 我知道
I'm totally psyched about this, too.But, Wardo?
我也激动的快僵了,但是华多
Yeah?
什么?
"It would be exclusive.
只有身份够格才能加入
You would have to know the peopleon the site to get past your own page.
你通过自己的主页去交朋友
Like getting punched.
就像申请社团
Now, that's good.
这倒不错
Wardo, it's like a final club,except we're the president.
华多,这就是一个终极俱乐部而我们就像俱乐部主席
I told him I thought it sounded great.
我对他说这主意听上去棒极了
It was a great idea.
绝妙的主意
There was nothing to hack.
根本不需要去盗取讯息
People were gonna provide their own pictures, their own information.
人们会主动提供他们的照片和讯息
And people had the ability to invite, or not invite, their friends to join.
也可以选择邀请谁为好友
See, in a world where social structure was everything,
在这个社交圈决定一切的社会里
that was the thing.
他就是一把钥匙
It was a big project,
项目很庞大
and he was going to have to write tens of thousands of lines of code,
他得写成千上万条代码
so I wondered why he was coming to me and not his roommates,
所以我奇怪他为什么来找我 而不去找他的室友
Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.They were programmers.
达斯汀莫斯科维兹,克里斯休斯他们是程序员
We're gonna need a little start-up cash to rent the servers and get it online.
我们需要一些启动资金用来租伺服器挂网站
So that was why.
这就是为什么
- Did he offer terms?- Yes.
- 他和你谈条件了吗?- 谈了
We'll split it 70/30.
三七分账
70 for me, 30 for you for putting up the $1,000
我七你三,你提供1000美元启动资金
and for handling everything on the business end. You're CFO.
你做首席财务官处理和财务有关的所有事物
And you said?
你怎么回答?
I said, "Let's do it.
我说,那就干吧
Okay. Did he add anything else?
好,他还说了什么吗?
Yes.
是的
It probably was a diversity thing.
也许确实因为你是犹太人
But so what?
但又怎样?
Why do you think he said that?
你觉得他为什么那样说?
Gretchen, excuse me for interrupting,but whose discovery is this?
葛雷琴,原谅我打断你这问题谁想出来的?
Sy, if you'll let me continue with my line of questioning.
塞,让我问完我所有问题好吗?
What are you suggesting?
你在暗示什么?
That I was jealous of Eduardo for getting punched by the Phoenix
你的意思是我嫉妒 爱德华多可以进凤凰社
and began a plan to screw him out of a company
所以就想出个计划搞砸他的公司
- I hadn't even invented yet. - Were you?
- 这公司那时连影子都没有 - 你有吗?
- Gretchen.- Jealous of Eduardo?
- 葛雷琴 - 嫉妒爱德华多?
Stop typing. We're off the record.
别打了,这和本案无关
Ma'am, I know you've done your homework,
女士,我知道你做了很多调查
and so you know that money isn't a big part of my life.
虽然我对钱并不看重
But at the moment, could buy Mount Auburn Street,
但此时此刻我有能力买下整条奥本山街
take the Phoenix Cluband turn it into my ping-pong room.
把凤凰俱乐部变成我的私人乒乓球房