But I also had something far more worrisome coming up:
另外一件烦恼的事接着来了:
My dress fitting.
我的衣着
Honey, while she does that, I think I'll take another look around.
趁着她帮你量度 我到周围看看
Great. Thanks, Mom. You're welcome, dear.
好的, 谢谢妈妈 别客气
I have to tell you something. It's important, and you can't tell anyone.
我要告诉你们一件很重要的事情 但是你们一定要保密
And that includes you.
包括你
I kissed Luke. You slut.
我吻了Luke 你个荡妇
I should've seen this coming.
我就知道会发生这事
Did you sleep with him? Who's Luke?
跟他睡了没有? 谁是Luke?
Look, it was just a kiss, and I stopped it.
听着, 只是接吻 然后我就控制住了
Okay, so you're not interested in him, then. Ok,
这么说你并不是真的喜欢他
Sam? No, I'm not. Sam?
我没有喜欢他
Nonrefundable, by the way. Turn.
不可饶恕, 转过去
Wait, wait, wait. So have you told Ben? I said, the wedding's still on, didn't I?
等等, 告诉Ben了吗? 我说过婚礼继续, 记得吗?
You're gonna tell him, right?
你准备告诉他, 对吗?
Naive, sweet Anne. Anne,
你太天真了
Deception is the cornerstone of every relationship.
善意欺骗是维持关系的良药
Otherwise it's just aprons, meat loaf, and, "How was your day, honey?"
否则生活就会变得很公式化 "亲爱的, 你今天过得怎么样?"
So having a life means opening up a kissing booth in the conference room?
在会议室发生这种事很正常的 对吗?
I'm leaning towards honestyis the best policy route.
我倾向于老实交代
Leaning? Do you love him?
倾向于? 你爱他吗?
Yes, of course. Absolutely. No question.
当然了, 绝对, 肯定
You realize the more you say that, the less sure you sound?
说得越多, 证明你心里没有底 知道吗?
I love Ben.
我爱Ben
Of course you do, dear, you're marrying him. What?
你当然爱他了, 你们准备结婚呢 发生什么事了?
Come on, Mom, will you help me into my dress?
没事, 帮我挑衣服好吗?
The time had come to present our ideas to Stone...
是时候给Stone交作业了
...which meant two things:
意味着两件事:
My career was on the line, and I would have to see Luke again.
我的事业正式走上轨道 还有必须跟Luke见面