You sure you want to hear this?
你确定你想听这个?
Why does it have to be them? I read that paper.
你确定你想听这个?
Everyone reads that paper. Why can’t it be the Vlliage Volce?
大家都会读到的 为什么它就不能低调点呢?
Well, these fuckers don’t like It much elther.
嗯 这些混蛋也不怎么喜欢
Do you realize that everyone we know
你有没有想过所有我们认识的人
is sitting around right now,just like this
都正这样坐着 就像这样…
Having breakfast, drinkin’ coffee, eating bagels,
吃着早餐 喝着咖啡 吃着百吉圈
reading this goddamn review?
读着这篇见鬼的评论?
Then why do you give a shit all of a sudden?
那你为什么突然在意起这些了呢?
Since when did you care about reviews?
你什么时候在意过评论了?
Because I’ve never tried to write a real novel before.
你什么时候在意过评论了?
Do you understand that?
你明白吗?
This is different. This This is my baby.
这不一样 这…这就像我的小孩
This is, you know, literature.
它是 文学
This could be the next great American novel.
它可能成为美国下一部经典小说
This could put me in the company of Mailers and Roths and Bellows.
它可能让我跻身于美乐 罗斯 比露这样的公司
The other stuff Come on. It’s just fluff.
更何况 拜托 以前的只是些鸡毛蒜皮
It’s just detective novels. This is supposed to be more.
只是些侦探小说 而这个应该会很好的
Look, and it ls more, man, regardless of what the critics say.
听着 是很好呀 只要别去管评论家的话