Really? Yes, the year Krakatoa exploded.
真的? 是的 卡拉卡托火山爆发的那年
That’s their year zero. Is that true?
那年是他们的纪元0年 是吗?
How the deuce do you know that?
你是怎么知道这个?
Well, I listen. Do you now?
哦 听说的 你现在…?
Well, I can’t wait to get stuck in and meet the Iban.
我都快等不及去见见这些依班人了
chap I told you about.
我跟你说过的
Went doolally and ate his own toes.
I’ll tell you something I bet you don’t know.
我要告诉你些东西 我打赌你从来没听过
Back in Victorian times, the young officers coming out here
早在维多利亚时代 年轻的官员来到这里后
were given a young woman from the local headhunting tribes
当地部落首领就会给他们一个年轻女人
to share their bed...
跟他们睡觉
so they could learn the language quickly.
那样他们的语言学习的快
I hardly think so, darling.
我可不大这样想 亲爱的
Now you are having us on, aren’t you?
你现在有我们 是吧
No, that’s true.
不,那是真的
I’ve heard tell of it from a very old Iban.
我听一个很老的依班人说起过
See? Well...
是吗? 啊…
if it did exist, I’m sure it was purely
就算确实存在 我觉得也一定是