What's the matter? I haven't seen a customer so depressed
怎么了,孩子? 自从上次大象坐扁一个农妇后…
since the elephant sat on that farmer's wife.
我就没看过有这么消沉的客人
"Depressed"?
“消沉”?
See? The big guy likes it.
看吧?这个大家伙听的懂
I just saw the woman I'm gonna marry.
我刚看到我要厮守终身的女人
I know it. But I lost her.
我很明白,但我却失去了她
Well, most men have to get married before they lose their wives.
多数人都是先结婚才失去老婆的
I'm gonna spend the rest of my life looking for her. That or die alone.
我将以余生找寻她的芳踪 或者,孤独的死去
Damn, kid.
哇咧,小子
Let me guess. Real pretty?
让我猜猜看 是个美女?
Reddish-blondish hair?
一头微红的金发?
Blue dress?
穿蓝色洋装?
Yeah!
对!
I know her uncle. Friends of the family.
我认得她叔叔,家族的朋友
Who is she? Where does she live?
她是谁?她住哪里?
Forget it. Don't waste your time. She's out of your league.
算了吧,她不是你追得起的
What? You don't even know me. - Sure I do.
你根本不认识我 -当然认识
You were hot shit back in Hickville, but here in the real world, you got squat.
你是乡下来的大人物 但在真实世界里,你啥都不是
You don't have a plan or a job.
你没计划、没工作
Nothing except the clothes on your back.
你除了身上穿的衣服外啥都没有
Well, I have a whole backpack full of clothes.
我有一整个背包的衣服
Oh, someone stole my backpack.
有人偷了我的背包
You were a big fish in a small pond, but this here is the ocean
你原本是小池子里的大鱼 但这里是海洋…
and you're drowning. Go back to Puddleville.
你会淹死的 听我的,回乡下去
You'll be happy there. - You say I don't have a plan. I do.
你会快乐些 -你说我没计划,我有
I'll find that girl, marry her, and spend the rest of my life with her.
我要找到那个女孩 娶她为妻,与她厮守一生
I don't have a job, but I would have a job if you gave me one.
我是没工作 但只要你给我工作就成
but I have more determination than any man you're likely to meet.
但我比任何人都有决心
And I may not have much
我有的也许不多…
I'm sorry, kid. I don't do charity. Come on, big boy.
抱歉,小子,这里不是慈善机构 走吧,大家伙
Wait. Look, I'll work night and day for you
等等,我会日夜为你效力…
and you won't have to pay me.
你也不需要付我薪水
You just have to tell me who she is.
只要告诉我她是谁
Every month you work for me
你每为我工作一个月…
l'll tell you one thing about her. That's my final offer.
我就告诉你一件有关她的事 这是我的底线
Let's get started.
开始工作吧