Checking out the new executive digs?
来看新的行政主管?
Oh, you know it.
哦,你明白的。
Can I tell you a little secret?
我能告诉你一个小秘密吗?
Sure.
当然。
Dan wanted to hold the promotion over for Tim Doogan
DAN想要把晋升的机会留给TIM DUGGAN
and I'm the one that convinced him to give it to Tom.
而我说服了他把机会给TOM。
Really?
真的?
Uh-huh. Tom is such a workhorse and he wanted it so badly.
嗯哼,TOM是一个不折不扣的工作狂,他非常想得到这次机会。
Yeah, he certainly did.
是啊, 他的确是。
What is wrong? Aren't you happy about this promotion?
怎么了? 你不为这次升职开心吗?
Lynette realized it was in her best interest to lie to the boss's wife.
LYNETTE意识到她最好对老板的妻子撒个谎...
Well, it's great, obviously. Thank you.
非常开心, 当然了。谢谢。
Provided she wasn't too convincing.
倘若她的话不是那么令人信服。
Of course, I mean, I will miss him being gone all the time.
当然,我是说, 我会想他的一直奔波在外。
He'll be bringing in more money, but he is gonna miss the birthdays,baseball games, first steps.
他能赚回更多的钱,但他也将错过生日庆祝,棒球比赛,婴儿迈出的头几步...
That's the trade-off, right?
有得必有,对吧?
I just hope one day Tom doesn't look back and regret being gone so much.
我只是希望某一天,TOM不会回顾过去并后悔离家太久。
I better get out there before they break something.
嗯, 我最好赶在他们打破什么之前过去。
Of course, I will see you soon.
好的, 以后见。