I was driven.
我身不由己
Exhausted.
身心俱疲
Until late one night, I came home to find
然后在一天深夜 我回到家发现…
Mike.
迈克
With Patricia.
和帕特里夏在一起
My brilliant
我聪明的…
21 yearold research assistant.
金发助理研究员
It was all so
那是如此的…
ugly.
难堪
Then early the next morning, as I gazed across the breakfast table
然后第二天清早 当我盯着餐桌对面
at their lifeless bodies, I thought
他们毫无生气的尸体,我想…
"What have I done?"
“我做了什么?”
But more importantly
但更重要的是…
what I could do to make the world more beautiful?
我能做些什么 让这个世界变得更美丽?
But I needed help to realize my larger vision.
但是我需要帮助 来实现我更远大的规划
I had the skills.
我有技术
And so I made
所以我制作了…
Mike.
迈克
Because he was someone other men would listen to.
因为他是别的男人会听从的那种人
And then I asked myself,
然后我问自己
"Where would people never notice a town full of robots?
“在哪里人们不会注意到 满满一个镇子的机器人呢?”
"Connecticut."
“康涅狄格”
So I decided to turn back the clock,
所以我决定把时钟向前拨
to a time before overtime,
拨到需要加班之前
before quality time,
拨到我们向时间要质量之前
before women were turning themselves into robots.
拨到女人们把她们变成机器人之前
Back off! Sorry.
退后 抱歉
Why didn't you change the men too?
你为什么不把男人也一起改了?
That's next.
那是下一步