Why did Jerry ask us to meet him here?
为什么杰瑞要我们到这里和他见面
Proud that I can introduce Stepford's brandnew candidate for state senate.
很自豪我可以向你们介绍 斯戴福全新的州参议员候选人
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mr. Roger Bannister.
女士们先生们 向你们介绍罗杰?巴尼斯特先生
What?
什么?
He's wonderful.
他真棒
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
You may very well ask, what are my qualifications for higher office?
你们可能很想问 我有什么资格竞争更高的位置?
Well, I believe in Stepford, America and the power of prayer.
这个嘛,我相信斯戴福 美国,还有祈祷的力量
Values I've discovered thanks to my partner,
我所发现的这些价值标准要感谢…
in life and in the Lord, Jerry Harmon.
我生活中的还有主内的搭档 杰瑞?哈蒙
Roger. Roger.
罗杰,罗杰
Yes. Is there a question? Mrs. Markowitz?
是的,有问题吗? 马科维茨太太?
So you two are happy now?
那么你们两个现在很幸福?
More than ever. Because now I know that being gay doesn't mean
比任何时候都幸福 因为现在我知道做同性恋
a guy has to be effeminate or flamboyant or sensitive.
并不一定要穿艳丽的服装 说话细声细气或者敏感细腻
I'm no sissy. No.
我不是个娘娘腔 不是
Way to go, Roger! That's a man!
干得好,罗杰! 这才是男人!
Roger? Yes. Mrs. Walter Kresby.
罗杰? 是的,沃尔特?克莱斯比太太
Roger, I don't understand. You were out there, you were Roger.
罗杰,我不明白 你原来就在那儿,你原来是罗杰
And now...
而现在…
Now you're different. Your hair, your clothes.
现在你不一样了 你的头发,你的衣着
You're like someone else. People change.
你像是另外一个人 人是会变的
You can't stop Stepford.
你不能阻止斯戴福