We really didn't get a chance to talk.我们都没机会谈谈
get a chance获得机会
This time he's sure to get a chance to medal.
这次他一定能拿奖牌。
He'd soon get a chance to pay her back.
他很快就有机会报答她的。
She stopped by the police station this morning.她今早来了警局一趟
stop by偶然过访; 靠近; 访问
She stopped by just to pass the time of day.
她来串门只是为了打发时间。
Can you stop by for a moment on your way home from your firm?
你从公司回家时,能顺便来呆一会儿吗?
I mean, in spite of what's been going on with Wilden,撇开威尔登的事不谈
in spite of不顾;不管;尽管
In spite of the bad weather, we went fishing.
我们不顾恶劣的天气而去钓鱼。
In spite of our advice, he married above himself.
他不顾我们的劝告,同比自己地位高的人结了婚。
I saw who pulled us out of the fire, Em. It was Alison.我看见是谁把我们拖出火海了,是艾莉森
pull out of离开, 退出
I did not see you pull out of that alley.
我没看到你正开车从那条巷子出来。