Script: I'm sorry I freaked out before.
【要点解析】freak out:(使)极度兴奋;行为反常
e.g. We are going to freak out if you do not show up.
你不来我们就要发疯了。
e.g. The bond market could freak out over excessive national debt.
过高的国家债务可能让债券市场陷入恐慌。
e.g. I've never been good with scary movies. They really freak me out.
我看不来惊悚片,它们真的会让我吓破胆。
Script: I know it's not the right time, but when we were waiting for the thing, it was like I could see our whole future, falling into place all around us.
【要点解析】wait for
(1)观望形势后再作决定, 见风使舵
e.g. She waited for the cat to jump before she made up her mind.
她观望了形势以后才作出决定。
(2)等待;等候
e.g. I've been waiting for the bus for half an hour.
我等车已等了半个小时了。
e.g. He always has to be waited for.
他老是要人等他。
e.g. The shepherd boy waited for his sheep to drink.
牧童等羊喝水。
e.g. He is waiting for something good to turn up.
他正期待着情况好转。
fall into:掉进,陷入; 堕入; 陷于
e.g. The landlord had let the building fall into decay .
房东不管,房子已经破烂不堪。
e.g. We are likely to fall into step with them.
我们可能接受他们的意见。
e.g. Don't let it fall into the hands of the enemy.
不要让它落入敌人手中。
e.g. It's no use letting yourself fall into the dumps.
你听任自己的情绪低沉下去一点用也没有。
Script: And I'd much rather focus on what I'm seeing right now.
【要点解析】focus on:专心致志于......致力于; 使聚焦于; 对(某事或做某事)予以注意; 把…作为兴趣中心
e.g. The noise made it hard for me to focus on work.
噪音让我无法集中注意力工作。
e.g. The talks will focus on economic development of the region.
会谈将着重讨论该地区的经济发展。
e.g. Stop looking for things we don't know and focus on what we do know.
别管那些我们不知道的想想我们知道什么?
e.g. Lampeter has a special focus on the humanities and social sciences.
兰姆斯特特别注重于人文和社会科学。